Beach Club vs. Yacht Club closer to Kiddie Pool part of SAB?

TiggerandBelleFanMom

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

My family and I went to WDW in March 2006 (first trip for our then 3-year-old, first time since the 1980s for me!) and stayed at the Grand Floridian for 3 nights. We loved it!

We are planning a second trip, probably for very early this fall. Our daughter will be almost 5 then, and she was very intrigued by the idea of the pirate ship in the pool at Stormalong Bay. (Okay, it may not officially be a pirate ship, but it is to us.)

My question: is the kiddie pool part of SAB more convenient to the Beach Club or the Yacht Club? Any other reasons to strongly prefer one to the other with a 4-5 year old child, or should I just pick based on what I thinks looks prettiest?

Thanks for any advice.

Becky

I believe the Kiddie pool is closest to the Yacht Club. I stayed at the Beach Club last June and loved it and am doing a split stay next month at the Yacht Club/Polynesian. I have heard that the YC has full balconies where as the BC has only standing room balconies on some rooms. The BC also has a few rooms that have double beds.

We stayed in the Yacht Club on a ground floor waterview room. The walk to SAB was very short. It doesn't matter how close exactly the kiddie pool is because everyone must enter the pool in one area to receive wristbands from the CMs. However, if you are looking exactly where the kiddie pool is, it definitely is closer to the YC side of it. There is another, somewhat larger pool which is for slightly bigger kids that looks like it is the front of a ship. It even has a small slide.

Here is a link to some pictures of SAB in my trip report. Stormalong Bay photos

Feel free to read the entire report, if you wish tho...:rolleyes:

Yes, same as above, the sandy bottom pool section and play area is closer to Yacht. However, to us, it's really not a big deal, maybe a few more minutes of walking. We personally prefer the BC over YC, but only because we have young children and BC is slightly more laid-back with a character breakfast in the lobby so lots of kids and families, it seems. YC has a bit more of an elegant flare. Both resorts are very, very nice.

We have stayed at both...and they are basically the same hotel connected in the center. The kiddie part of the pool with the sand is closer to the yacht club side, but as said before, just a minute or two. I think the slide area might be more right in the middle. I really can't tell the difference between the two, and as said before, the Cape May Character breakfast is on the Beach Club side. I love them both...you can't go wrong. It is a great location. Even though you need to take a bus to the MK instead of the monorail...it is my favorite spot for kids. The pool rocks...she'll be happy playing in the pool all day! It is that aweesome! Beaches and Cream is a wonderful treat...she'll love (think you said daughter) Mickey Mouse ice cream sundae. They also have great milk shakes if you are in for a treat! They yacht club side is a closer walk to Epcot...which is a great evening diversion after spending the day at one of the parks. My little ones love going to the Countries and collecting the stamps and doing the crafts. It kind of gets them away from the sensory overload of the day in the parks, and allows them to be in their own little world for a while. (And it is something free!! to carry around and take home that they made! And breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery is just a nice morning stroll or boat ride away...and so yummy. Yeah...just 3 more days...can't wait. Sunshine and Summertime! OK, sorry, I'm getting off track from your question! The bus stip is also closer to the beach club side just by a little...a minute or two. They are both huge resorts, so it your room location will also effect the proximaty to the pool, bus stop, boat dock and slides. No worries, either will be great! Have fun with your choice! That is all that matters. Back to doing laundry and packing...woo hoo!:laundy:

They yacht club side is a closer walk to Epcot...which is a great evening diversion after spending the day at one of the parks. The bus stip is also closer to the beach club side just by a little...a minute or two.
The Beach Club is closer to Epcot.

The Yacht Club and Beach Club each have their own bus stops so it doesn't make a difference. However, YC is the first to be picked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter