Beach Club vs Boardwalk

mhmcduff

mcminnie
I am planning a trip for this spring and both (as of this morning) the Boardwalk and Beach Club are open for a one bedroom. We have never stayed at either and are excited to be able to stay at an Epcot resort.
Which one would you choose
My family consists of me, my husband and two boys 8 and 5. We love activity and good pools, Epcot at night and a nice big clean accomdations.
Does one have a better pool?
Does one have a better room?
Better restaurants or services?
We have stayed at SSR which was nice and BLT which was FANTASTIC(one bed is so big!) and thought of going back to as so close to MK and the water slide was a big hit for the boys but figured we would try something different and I love Epcot at night!
Let me know your thoughts as I want to wrap this up tomorrow- thanks

If you love pools and can get into BCV, I'd pick that for their pool. It is one of the most popular on property and you cannot pool hop to it. You would be close to the International Gateway at Epcot and walking distance to DHS. You can also easily walk to the Boardwalk to enjoy the Boardwalk at night.

We own at BWV and love it. I especially like being able to book standard view rooms and save a lot of points.

Rooms are equal. Both have a variety of restaurants.

Most everyone will say that Storm-Along-Bay is the better pool. It is a very cool pool, but be cautioned, the major part of the pool has a strong current and is very deep. In my opinion you will have to watch the older boys carefully and the younger cannot be left alone. This pool does have some quiet areas and zero entry, and in all can be a blast, but there is no barrier between the areas and you may find yourself exhausted (if only mentally) by the end of a day.

Another vote for BCV and Storm-Along-Bay.

There is a reason the the pool is restricted to Guests staying at the Yacht Club and Beach Club properties only.

:) Bill

I've stayed at both, even split a stay when BCV wasn't available for the whole time. I'm not a swimmer and yet, I still much prefer BCV. I love to squish my toes in the sandy bottom area of the pool, or go over and swing on the beach swings. At BCV you can get counter serve without going outside uncovered-important if it's raining. Oh, and that ability to stay dry extends to a visit to B&C, VERY important to me! Nice character breakfast right there, and it's a closer walk to Epcot than BWV. BCV studios have coffee tables, yet BWV studios don't. That's something I like, the coffee table, so I can sit with my feet up and a cup of coffee/tea, while I watch the weather report in the morning. However, I'll admit that BWV villas have much nicer views in the BWView villas-I don't think there's a view that's nearly as good anywhere.

We own at BCV and love it. I have never stayed at BWV, but am intrigued. However, since BCV are smaller , maybe the fact that they have what you want available for when you want is a sign. I'd say go for BCV. It doesn't sound like you can go wrong. Have fun! :goodvibes

I agree with a PP who mentioned that watching the boys at SAB pool will be a challenge, but if you and DH are both there you can probably manage it. It is a major reason to stay at BVC, although some of the kids in our family like the clown slide at BWV just as well and I find it much easier to monitor swimming at BWV. Whichever resort you choose, be sure to bring the boys over to BW at night to enjoy the entertainers. They usually include the kids in their acts and your boys are the perfect age to enjoy the performers. Have fun!

Stayed at both and another vote for BCV! Took my 6 yr. old niece there and since, we were in the pool with her...not a problem at all...LOVE SAB!!!! Plus, the walk to EPCOT is closer staying at BCV.

At BCV....Cape May Cafe has character breakfast and the movies and campfire on the beach is also fun. Yes you can also walk over from BWV to do these same activies...but so much easier to stay at BCV and just enjoy all its amenities.

We have stayed at both and we very much liked the BC over the BW. Good luck with your decision!

This is what sealed the deal for me, view out of our 2 br unit last January.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDYtMjAwOTAxMTYtMDczM.jpg

Having just got back from a stay (my first) at BWV, I have to say they are awesome. We had a BW view and spent alot of time on the Boardwalk itself. I agree that It's nice to be able to not have to go outside for counter service, but we had pizza delivered to the room and all the service was outstanding. :) Our Studio had a coffee table with 2 big chairs too FYI

Good luck and Have fun!!!

We are staying here (as are our family and friends) for our wedding in September and honeymoon. We swear we wont stay anywhere else now.

While the BCV have the best pool the Boardwalk can't be beat for people watching and entertainment at night. There is nothing like strolling the boardwalk and getting an ice cream or jelly beans. :thumbsup2

As pp's have said, the view from the Boardwalk can't be beat.

We have stayed at BWV many times and just stayed at BCV over Thanksgiving. Our kids are 11 and 13 so I am comfortable with the BCV pool (they are both strong swimmers). When they were younger though, I much preferred the BWV pool. You can see them go up and down the slide and you can see the whole pool. At BCV they actually leave the pool area, walk across the sidewalk and go up the stairs for the pool slide. No way you can see them from your seat and the walking traffic (and bikes) can be busy out there. Also, the pool at BCV is huge and has many different areas some of which are sort of tucked away (if that makes sense). Again, no way you can see them from your seat. And it's not easy to get around to check on them (you have to go over bridges etc. to see the other side of the pool). Also, our kids prefer the BWV slide and think it's longer and faster (not sure if this is true but it's their opinion).

That being said, we all loved the BCV. However, I would not have been comfortable with my kids being in the pool (or going across the walkway to the slide) by themselves at 5 and 8. I was comfortable with both those things at BWV (of course we were still always watching and our younger one had a life jacket but we didn't feel like we had to jump up every time and walk them up to the slide). BWV also has Community Hall which our kids love and the games and entertainers to watch. BCV has easier self parking (if you have a car), slightly closer walk to Epcot, sand volleyball and the movies on the beach. We liked the poolside grill at BCV better than the food stand at BWV pool but we only used it once so not that big of a deal to us. Both places are great!

the ages of your kids I would say BCV. you can always walk to BWV to see the entertainment and you can use their pool. you cant do the opposite if you stay at BWV

the layout is a bit tricky, but I suspect your kids will be rather happy in the sandy side anyways and then you can walk them a few times to the slide

We love BCV for the slide, room decor, location, Beaches & Cream, game room and pool. Agree with above poster about taking kids to the slide. The pool cannot be completely visualized so I stayed with them. Bought at BWV because of the activity around the resort. Each time we stay offsite, we visit the Boardwalk. You may want to stay at BWV this time and check out BCV for a future stay. You'll have a great time at either location! :wizard:

If the pool/slide etc is the most important for your family than it should be BCV for Stormalong Bay. Otherwise the rooms are just about the same layout and quality, BCV can with short walk benefit from any/all of the Boardwalk eateries and activities etc. We love to stroll around at night and at both venues you can watch the fireworks from the bridge and go to the various restaurant like Todd's Blue Zoo at the Dolphin etc by foot or boat!

You'll enjoy it no matter which you pick!

They're both wonderful! We stayed at both on the hotel side before joining DVC, and we've stayed at both on the DVC side since we bought in. We love them both for different reasons... and I will say, our family is divided on which our favorite is.

We love BCV for Stormalong Bay, for the handier drink refill station, for the closer self-parking, and for the amazingly short walk to Epcot. I used to prefer the decor, but since the rehab, I'm much happier with the BWV rooms and feel. We love BWV for the relatively easy walk to both Epcot and DHS, for quick access to the boardwalk entertainment, and for the views (particularly Boardwalk view, but even preferred view is generally better than the views at BCV.)

Our four year old son loves both, BTW. He loves the sandy pool part of Stormalong, but he also loves the elephants around BW. He's also a big fan of the BW entertainment, so we consider that a plus.

We ended up buying at BWV, but we have used points to stay at BCV and will continue to do so from time to time in the future, primarily because of Stormalong Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter