• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club vs Boardwalk

ACJT

DIS Veteran
If you stay at one, can you use the others facilities?

Does one have better breakfast options than the other?

Are the pools at either zero entry?

How long of walk to HS or Epcot ?

What is the difference between standard and preferred studios at Boardwalk??

We own at BW but have stayed at both.

I will try to answer -

1) You can not use Stomalong Bay (pool) at BC if you stay at BW. This pool is large and popular so it has been restricted to only the YC/BC.

2) Breakfast - BW has a great bakery on the boardwalk and Spoodles offers a sit down breakfast. BC has a character breakfast at CApe May, sitdown at YC, and quick items at the store.

3) Stormalong bay has a large childrens pool that is zero entry. It is actually more like a beach with sand. THe pools are all sand bottom. It has great a pirate ship with a large slide. THe ship also includes a smaller slide for younger kids. I can't remember if the BW is zero enty. I don't think it is.

4) You can walk or take the boats to the two parks. BC is closer to Epcot, BW closer to HS.

5) The standard view will not be on the BW.

Standard views will have a view of the parking lot and main drive to the resort. They use fewer points than the preferred view. They comprise about 20% of the total rooms at BWV.

Preferred view are all other views - water, pool, Village Green, BW. They comprise about 80% of the total villas. However, the BW view (about 20% of the total) are a separate booking category but don't require more points than the other preferred villas.

Neither the BWV or BCV have a great counter service. BWV does have the Bakery, but it gets crowded in the AM. BCV does have the Marketplace, but same problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter