Beach Club Villas???

DisneyHolidayFan

DIS Veteran
I just booked a one-bedroom villa at the Beach Club, but, after reading reviews on another website, I am concerned that I should change. Has anyone stayed there lately? Many of the reviews say it has become outdated and dirty. Help!!! I don't know whether to change!!

I haven't been there for about 10 months but the carpet looked newer and I didn't see anything wrong with the two bedroom.

I always take reviews with a grain of salt. The pool at BCV is worth keeping the reservation! LOL

I own at BCV and stay here often.

The decor is Grandma's Cottage Beach theme. It's meant to look a little worn.

Also, these are timeshare units, not a hotel. They are not refurbished like a hotel because the timeshare owners have to pay for it. It will not be as pristine as the Disney hotels. You may see spots in the carpet, ring stains on the wood furniture tops, etc. Everything should work fine mechanically but costmetically you might see wear.

The location is fantastic. The rooms are quiet. You get a lot of space. You will have a full kitchen, a washer/dryer, a whirlpool tub. You probably will not get a delue hotel ready room.

I have stayed at all of the DVC units and almost every WDW deluxe hotel. I have never gotten a deluxe feeling from staying at a DVC resort. It's like renting a condo.

We also are DVC owners - BCV and have always enjoyed our stay there (has been 2 years). Recently, we have been staying at BLT which is very nice, clean and updated. We have also stayed at the BWV which are also kept clean. We love the BCV but are concerned about the upkeep - isn't that why we pay yearly maintenance dues?? Many that have stayed there recently complain that they are run down. Just thought I would see on this site if feelings of this resort were also negative.

I have a friend that just checked out of BCV this morning and moved over to BWV for the rest of their stay. They had nothing bad to say about BCV..in fact, said they would be back again soon!! They loved it there!! So, I don't think there is any issue there. Specific rooms/vilas may not be up to snuff but that isn't going to be the entire resort.
While I have had villas that had furnishings that were well 'used', it certainly didn't detract from my stay!! As an owner, I don't want Disney replacing a table because it has a water ring on it!!

I have a friend that just checked out of BCV this morning and moved over to BWV for the rest of their stay. They had nothing bad to say about BCV..in fact, said they would be back again soon!! They loved it there!! So, I don't think there is any issue there. Specific rooms/vilas may not be up to snuff but that isn't going to be the entire resort.
While I have had villas that had furnishings that were well 'used', it certainly didn't detract from my stay!! As an owner, I don't want Disney replacing a table because it has a water ring on it!!

I agree but don't want to stay in a room that has dirty carpeting, broken appliances, etc. So glad to hear that your friend's stay was fine as we were looking forward to it until reading reviews on allearsnet.com.

We stayed there in June 2012 (1 Bedroom) & January 2013 (studio) with no issues what so ever. Scheduled to stay again in June (1 bedroom) one of our favorite resorts, love the pool, restaurants & ability to walk into EPCOT. :cool1:

We have been staying that the BCV for a few years now (always stayed at BWVs but one year they were booked so we changed) and have no complaints with the villas at all. We reserve a 2 bedroom for our yearly Aug. trip (will be returning in Aug.) and we stayed in a 1 bedroom in Jan for marathon weekend. We have never had any problems with broken appliances, damaged furniture or stained rugs. The housekeeping has always been great. As others have stated, take reviews with a grain of salt because you mostly will hear from someone who just wants to complain. As I said, we are booked for Aug. and again in Jan 2014 for marathon weekend and can't wait to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter