Beach Club Villas question

jnordan

Mouseketeer
Ahh!!! It's spring again, which means that my children are waking with the sun and birds. It's maddening. All year long they sleep until 7 or 7:30, but in the Spring, the black out curtains and fans for white noise aren't enough -- the sun works its way in through the cracks, and the birds overpower even the fans.

We leave for BCV on May 5th (staying in a studio) -- my question is: ARE THE ROOMS DARK when the curtains are closed?? If not, has anyone come up with any smart way to DARKEN them?

Ahh!!! It's spring again, which means that my children are waking with the sun and birds. It's maddening. All year long they sleep until 7 or 7:30, but in the Spring, the black out curtains and fans for white noise aren't enough -- the sun works its way in through the cracks, and the birds overpower even the fans.

We leave for BCV on May 5th (staying in a studio) -- my question is: ARE THE ROOMS DARK when the curtains are closed?? If not, has anyone come up with any smart way to DARKEN them?

LOL, mine were that way. Now all week long, I have to drag them out of bed for school but on Saturdays. when we can sleep in they are up with the dawn. :laughing: I found the room to be very dark, but don't hope for much, just the fact that they were at Disney caused my kids to wake up early. :yay:

From what I remember, yes, they're dark. I think they have two layers (a light white see-through layer on the back then the heavy dark one on the front). And if it's any help, our room was right by a major rode with traffic starting early in the morning and going until late at night and not much sound came through. Good luck!!!! :thumbsup2

Yeah...they are dark. I remember, because I like waking up to the light....and there was NONE. We also turn on the bathroom fan and leave it on all night to cover up any evening, night time or morning hallway or outside noise. Love the white noise!! Just kinda wish is was waves crashing up the beach...but can't have everything all at once!! We'll be in the BCV at the same time! Hope to see you! I'll be the pale blond from Indiana with a 5 yo mini-me, and a very Italian dark husband! Also, the little black clips that are like paper clips are great for holding the curtains together! Your post reminded me of a trip we took to Tampa a few years ago, and the condo was next to a "bird santuary". Sounded great at the time of booking...nature and the beach! OH MY GOSH....at the break of dawn....so many weird bird noises. I think it was mating season too. What a nightmare! We were on the beach like by 7 am because we were always up so early! BE AWARE of "bird santuaries"...make a mental note! (ESpecially during mating season!) :rotfl2:

Great curtains at BCV. Two layers, and if you keep them closed, it gets like cave dark in there.

We also use the binder clips to keep the curtains pulled closed, if they don't seem to be staying closed enough like we place them. Sometimes, those curtains have a mind of their own.

The room was very dark. We faced Epcot on our last visit (which felt like we were facing the sunrise). Anyway, be careful when you close your curtains at night because even the tiniest gap between the two curtains will light up the whole room. If you are careful closing the curtains at night, you will have no problem at all. Have fun! :goodvibes

Kathy

I found that the curtains in most rooms on Dinsey's property keep the rooms very dark. I remember getting up in the morning at POFQ, and looking outside the window to see if it was daylight or not. Didn't have my contacts in, so I couldn't see the clock. ;)

The curtains themselves are double lined and do a great job of keeping the sun out, but unless you bring something like big clip they do not stay together in the middle.

Also the sun comes in around the top and the edges, so if your kids are very sensitive to it, even the dark drapes might not be enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter