• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villas 2-Bedroom

littleeyz

Earning My Ears
I have a reservation for BCV in October 2013 for a 2-bedroom villa. I just called to request a dedicated 2 bedroom and was told by the agent that BCV has no dedicated 2 bedrooms, only lock-offs. Is this correct? TIA!

BCV has two categories of dedicated 2-bedroom villas. One has 2-queens in the 2nd bedroom, the other has a queen bed and a sleeper sofa. Then there is a lock-off which is a 1-bedroom and a studio with an interior connecting door.

The three of them are booking categories and you have to decide at the time of booking which you want (subject to availability). You can't request a dedicated if you have a lock-off reserved.

I have a reservation for BCV in October 2013 for a 2-bedroom villa. I just called to request a dedicated 2 bedroom and was told by the agent that BCV has no dedicated 2 bedrooms, only lock-offs. Is this correct? TIA!

There are dedicated 2 bedrooms. You would have had to specify when booking : 2 bedroom, 2 bedroom 2 queen beds, or 2 bedroom lock offs.

That's what I thought. The agent said there weren't even different booking categories any more. She told me all were lock-offs now. I knew it didn't sound right. Guess I am calling them back:)

Did you book directly thru Disney? If so, they may only have access to the 2 bedroom lock-offs, as the dedicated 2 bedrooms are booked by DVC members. If you booked with DVC points, the chances of switching from a lock-off to a dedicated at this point would be slim to none.

That's what I thought. The agent said there weren't even different booking categories any more. She told me all were lock-offs now. I knew it didn't sound right. Guess I am calling them back:)

This is not true. We had a dedicated 2 br at BCV. It had 1 entrance but the 2nd bedroom had 1 queen bed and a sleeper sofa. No kitchenette. Still a dedicated 2 bedroom. BCV has only 25 dedicated 2 brs w/2queen beds.

BWV has all lock-offs. Maybe they were confused.

Maybe the CM meant that there were no dedicated two bedrooms *left* when you called? Could that be the distinction? Those are the first to go, so it would make sense that there are no longer any left and all that is left are lockoffs.

You can maybe waitlist a dedicated two bedroom in case someone cancels.

Good luck! We had a dedicated once (2005) and for some reason always request a lockoff at 11 months out now (2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013)! But at Aulani we had a dedicated two-bedroom last month and would always want that at Aulani if we had the choice. I know, it sounds weird to have different choices at the different resorts...;).

October is pretty booked up by now. They probably do not have any dedicated left.

If you booked in Nov 2012 for October 2013 with DVC points, you might have gotten a dedicated two bedroom with two queen beds in the second bedroom. There are only 25 of these. The other dedicated go quickly once the ones with two queen beds are gone.

So if you booked for cash through Disney Reservation Center, you won't get dedicated. You'll get a lockoff. All dedicated go to members. Or if you booked at seven months out with non-BCV points, you'll get a lockoff.

I have a dedicated 2 bedroom w/ 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom booked for Oct 11-16th this year, but I booked it right at the 11 month mark. With F&W at Epcot I book and plan early

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter