Beach Club Villa Studio and Laundry

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehappyimp

Earning My Ears
I've read conflicting information online about laundry facilities at the Villas; some sources state that there's a $7.00 wash/dry charge and other sites say use of a washer/dryer is free. Does anyone know for sure? We are set to arrive 2/1 and as they don't offer towel service (without a fee) the dilemma is whether to hand over towel fees or complete laundry ourselves. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks.

I had been worried about this last year. It’s free, as stated, and on the 4th floor not far from the main elevators. 2 washers, 2 dryers only. We were able to use it pretty readily though.

We asked for a room “near the 4th floor laundry” and were lucky to be accommodated, half a hallway down.

You can purchase a towel pack for $6. It includes four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths and a tub mat. You'd need to repurchase the towel pack on day four when they do your service.

Ummm do the bcv not have towels in the rooms? I have to pay extra for bath towels?!?
You should have five bath towels in a studio, four in a one bedroom (you get one for each bed). Plus two hand towels and the face cloths (one per bed). If you stay on a DVC reservation (cash or points through DVC), you get your room serviced every four days. If you pay cash through Disney Reservation Center, you get daily full cleaning. If you need a fresh towel every day, you'll need to pay for those extra towels because DVC is a timeshare and members pay for everything. Nothing is given for free. It is the same at all the DVC resorts.

You should have five bath towels in a studio, four in a one bedroom (you get one for each bed). Plus two hand towels and the face cloths (one per bed). If you stay on a DVC reservation (cash or points through DVC), you get your room serviced every four days. If you pay cash through Disney Reservation Center, you get daily full cleaning. If you need a fresh towel every day, you'll need to pay for those extra towels because DVC is a timeshare and members pay for everything. Nothing is given for free. It is the same at all the DVC resorts.
thank you for explaining!

Make sure you add the laundry view app so you can see if any washers/dryers are available before you make the trek down to the laundry room!

This is our first time staying at a room in the villas but we booked through Disney like we would a regular room reservation. Will we have to pay for towels as well? Thanks.

This is our first time staying at a room in the villas but we booked through Disney like we would a regular room reservation. Will we have to pay for towels as well? Thanks.
See post # 10. If you are staying there on a cash reservation, you get daily housekeeping, just like the hotel portion of the resort.
Denise

See post # 10. If you are staying there on a cash reservation, you get daily housekeeping, just like the hotel portion of the resort.
Denise
I don't understand what is a "cash reservation"...? (I booked through Dave's dvc rental and paid with a credit card)

I don't understand what is a "cash reservation"...? (I booked through Dave's dvc rental and paid with a credit card)
You did not book a cash reservation if you booked through David's. David's is a company that matches DVC members who cannot use their points with people who want to "rent" those points. If you are paying David's, then you are staying on points that the DVC member booked for you. With a points reservation you do not get daily housekeeping.
Denise

You did not book a cash reservation if you booked through David's. David's is a company that matches DVC members who cannot use their points with people who want to "rent" those points. If you are paying David's, then you are staying on points that the DVC member booked for you. With a points reservation you do not get daily housekeeping.
Denise

If you want daily housekeeping, you can pay for it. The other option is to buy the towel package or do laundry. When we don't have a washer/dryer in the room we do laundry when we go to the pool or shower. When I know I'll be at the resort for two hours, I throw a load in and set my timer on my phone.

As @Denise W stated, since you booked through David’s you do NOT have a cash reservation, you have a DVC reservation. You will not get daily housekeeping nor clean towels until day 4. You can: Reuse your towels. Buy a towel pack every 4 days. Do laundry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter