• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club sold out... should I do Boardwalk w/ a 4 yr old?

DisneyFave

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I'll be heading to WDW in September, just me and my 4 yr old niece, for 3 nights.

Beach Club (villas, not resort) is sold out on my preferred dates, and I was so sad because she would LOVE stormalong bay. Boardwalk is open on my dates, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to stay there? Is there enough to entertain a 4 year old? Our plan for beach club was:

Arrival night: stormalong bay
Day 1: Cape May Cafe breakfast, Stormalong Bay, MNSSHP
Day 2: Epcot
Departure day: stormalong bay for a couple hrs

Not sure what to do... Also open to staying at a Mod like POR or CBR.

She is a total "water baby" and I'm pretty sure she thinks all of WDW is just one big water park.

Last edited:
How about VGF? The beach pool and water play area are very nice here.

You could do:

Arrival day: swim at beach pool/play area, watch MK fireworks from either nearby Poly beach or in front of GF Gasparilla Grille
Day 1: BKFT at Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare, pool, MNSSHP;
Day 2: MK or Epcot (monorail to either)
Departure day: Courtyard pool/ beach pool/play area

Does the Yacht Club not have availability? It shares the pool with the Beach club. It's just a little further of a walk to Epcot, but it's actually closer to the boat launch to Epcot.

BWV is the only onsite I've stayed in so far and we were very pleasantly surprised with our stay. My oldest was 3 1/2yo at the time. We swam a few times and he wasn't bothered by the clown slide, there was also a shallow kid pool area near the main villa pool. We never made it to the regular BW pool. Our suite overlooked a quiet pool and we could see DHS in the distance. I ended up sick but my mom and aunt took ODS out to the boardwalk and they rented one of those carriage bikes and walked around the entire EPCOT resort/boardwalk area and he really enjoyed it. I'd like to try BC some day, but I would absolutely stay at BWV again.

you could also book boardwalk and waitlist at bcv if you are booking DVC - - also animal kingdom is a lovely dvc resort.....

I've been given the option to wait until the 25th to see if the DVC Poly villas are available... I might consider that too...

BWV owner here (so I'm biased). I would say book BWV and waitlist BCV if you want. I have stayed at BCV, love the pool, but it gets really crowded (depending when in Sept it may not). A 4 yr old will enjoy the BW pool and kid area. In the evening there are amusement games, and street entertainers that kids enjoy. You could walk or take the boat across to Beach Club if you want to play in the sand or lunch/dinner etc at Beach Club.

Hi everyone! I'll be heading to WDW in September, just me and my 4 yr old niece, for 3 nights.

Beach Club (villas, not resort) is sold out on my preferred dates, and I was so sad because she would LOVE stormalong bay. Boardwalk is open on my dates, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to stay there? Is there enough to entertain a 4 year old? Our plan for beach club was:

Arrival night: stormalong bay
Day 1: Cape May Cafe breakfast, Stormalong Bay, MNSSHP
Day 2: Epcot
Departure day: stormalong bay for a couple hrs

Not sure what to do... Also open to staying at a Mod like POR or CBR.

She is a total "water baby" and I'm pretty sure she thinks all of WDW is just one big water park.

If you are willing to do a room at a MOD then why not just do a standard room at Beach Club. Same basic set up at both, only the BC room will be bigger and still have access to Storm Along Bay. Also a BC standard room is around the same price as the Studio rooms at the Villas.

Have you checked the board that rents points?

Have you checked other booking websites? (Typically even if Disney is sold out, those sites might still have something and sometimes you can use their discount to get a good rate.

I wouldn't give up just yet...it's still early, whichever route you are taking for BCV, may open up as you get closer, esp. on the Disney website...

If you stay at BWV, you can still do everything you planned on doing at the BC, except using SAB. BWV has their own pool area, and you could still eat at BC restaurants and have the awesome location that is in walking or boating distance to EPCOT and HS.

If I am reading your OP correctly you were shut out of BCV, correct? Did you check on the main resort availability for the same time frame, or were you set on staying at a DVC villa? I think another poster suggested checking out YC and that would be an alternative to still have access to SAB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter