Beach Club questions...

rance

DIS Veteran
Hoping someone might know the answers:

Is there a height requirement for the SAB slide?
Would the slide be too big for a 3 and 6 year old?
Is there a place to rent tubes for the lazy river? How much are they?
Do all the studios have balcony's?
Have the studios been refurbished lately?

Thanks.

Is there a height requirement for the SAB slide? No.
Would the slide be too big for a 3 and 6 year old? Depends on the child but I think it would be too much for most 3yos.
Is there a place to rent tubes for the lazy river? How much are they? Yes...sorry don't know the price.
Do all the studios have balcony's? Patios on first floor but all the other studios have balconies.
Have the studios been refurbished lately? Yes, from roughly Fall of 08 into Spring of 09 but decor is much the same.

Thanks.

I hope this helps. Come over to the Y&BC FAQ and visit.:grouphug:

My 4 year old (a big boy) did not do the big slide. Our 5 (almost 6 at the time) year old did it SEVERAL times. Our little one enjoyed the slide on the back of the pirate ship (for younger kids).

Kids need to be able to swim away from the big slide unassisted. Depending on the lifeguards that day, NO flotation devices are allowed on the slide (this is the OFFICIAL rule, but people report some lifeguards are more lenient than others). Our son had a vest on. The lifeguard manning the "baby slide" said he could not go on the big slide.

Is there a height requirement for the SAB slide?
Would the slide be too big for a 3 and 6 year old?
Is there a place to rent tubes for the lazy river? How much are they?
Do all the studios have balcony's?
Have the studios been refurbished lately?

Thanks.

We originally booked BCV for our next trip because we heard it had been recently renovated. Then we looked at the photos of renovated rooms on Allears.net. Compared to the renovated regular BC rooms, the decor just was not at all appealing to us.....so we switched.

I don't get it. The newly renovated resort rooms are georgous....BWI - LOVED IT, YC and BC, taseful and elegant...even renovated Coronado Springs room was beautiful. Then you look at recently renovated DVC rooms....BWV and BCV....plaids with your mother's print bedspreads. Oh well, perhaps it was a less expensive reno so the DVC owners would not have a dues increase.

If your resort room is important...take a look at the photos first.

Our son has gone on the big slide since he was 4 (now almost 7) and has always worn a lifevest. He was never told he couldn't go on with one, unless this is a new thing. We were there last August. Since he's not a great swimmer, he still wears a lifevest in the deep end of pools and will again when we go in October. Never an issue here. :confused:

Just be aware that although all the rooms may have balconies, most of them are not balconies that you can sit out on, more like tiny balconies that 1 person can just about stand on so it is worth requesting a full balcony (though this can't be guaranteed) The YC on the other hand has all full balconies.

Just be aware that although all the rooms may have balconies, most of them are not balconies that you can sit out on, more like tiny balconies that 1 person can just about stand on so it is worth requesting a full balcony (though this can't be guaranteed) The YC on the other hand has all full balconies.

Tis true of the rooms in the Beach Club. However, this poster is planning on a studio. All studios at BCV have either a balcony or patio large enough for two chairs and a small table.

And I would definitely request a fully balcony WITHOUT a tree on it. We just got back and I requested a full balcony but forgot to ask for one minus the big huge tree on it. :confused3 the BC really needs to cut those branches back so people can actually enjoy their balcony. The balcony was a moot point for us as we could not sit on it because of the balcony.

And I would definitely request a fully balcony WITHOUT a tree on it. We just got back and I requested a full balcony but forgot to ask for one minus the big huge tree on it. :confused3 the BC really needs to cut those branches back so people can actually enjoy their balcony. The balcony was a moot point for us as we could not sit on it because of the balcony.

The poster is planning on BCV not BC.

We just got back this week and they did have them in a single or a double. They were $3 an hour or $10 a day. I'm not quite sure if by "day" they mean pool open to closing or what. It also didn't seem like they had a lot available to rent. I know I overheard some people saying that they couldn't get one, yet we saw a lot of them sitting near the lounge chairs because people would rent them for the day but not actually use them much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter