Beach Club or Poly?

BabyRN

DIS Veteran
Okay so I never, ever saw myself booking a deluxe resort, but I got a good deal and want to upgrade. I have a family of 6, and my kids' ages will be 12, 9, 7 and 1. Given this, would you stay at the Beach Club or the Poly, and why? I don't know much about either resort because like I said, I never thought I could book a deluxe and haven't looked into it much! Thanks for anything you can share!!:goodvibes

Seeing as you have smaller kids and they will probably want to go back and swim or nap... I'd say Poly... You will LOVE being on the monorail... and hey... the castle as a backdrop doesn't hurt either...

Okay so I never, ever saw myself booking a deluxe resort, but I got a good deal and want to upgrade. I have a family of 6, and my kids' ages will be 12, 9, 7 and 1. Given this, would you stay at the Beach Club or the Poly, and why? I don't know much about either resort because like I said, I never thought I could book a deluxe and haven't looked into it much! Thanks for anything you can share!!:goodvibes

We just got back from our trip Dec. 17-23 and we split time and stayed at both resorts. I absolutely love both. I think the best way to make a decision is to take a look at which park you will be spending the most time at. If the answer is MK, go with the Poly. If the answer is Epcot or the studios, go with Beach Club.

Personally, the Poly has always been my favorite resort. However, my wife prefers the Beach Club. And I have to admit that this time around I actually found myself being partial to Beach Club as well.

Hope that helps. :)

Those are also my two favorite resorts, flipping every once in a while on which is my favorite (currently Beach Club. I think.). I agree with the rest and would pick based on proximity to the park(s) where you think you would spend the most time.

i have to agree on the idea of where you will be spending the most time. we do split stays at a monorail and an epcot often and have for years. with the 1 year old in a stroller you could walk to both epcot and the studios from beach club, and use the monorail from the polynesian. also, from the polynesian you can either hop on the resort monorail to ticket and transportation and change to an epcot monorail, or simply walk to ttc and take a monorail directly over to epcot. both pools are great and both are the most younger child friendly (in my opinion), but the older ones will love them too, lots to do. good luck, you can't go wrong between those two! enjoy every minute!!!!!:banana:

I would also consider which park you will be spending the most time at - another consideration may be that Polynesian rooms are much larger than BC rooms and that could make a difference with a large family. At the Polynesian the "newer" blgs are very spacious: Tokelau, Tahiti and Rapi Nui...and for your first deluxe stay it is extra magical to be on the monorail - do not think you'd ever regret the decision. :goodvibes and you have the water launch...nice and fun options.

Oh! and from the Polynesian it's an easy walk over to TTA for the EPCOT monorail - we love the BC, but bus rides to the MK can be long, esp when picking up multiple resorts.

Happy planning!!!:goodvibes

They're both great resorts, but what stood out to me about your post is the size and ages of your family. I agree with Minnie&Nana -- with 5 people plus (I assume) a pack & play, the Poly would be my choice. The rooms are considerably larger, and the convenience of the monorail or the boat to the MK will be huge for you. :)

It's such a hard decision! Our plans are to actually visit each park only once and then have a couple days just to lounge at the resort. So, park time won't really matter as to which resort we will stay at. Now just to convince my husband to switch our reservation from the cabins...lol

It's such a hard decision! Our plans are to actually visit each park only once and then have a couple days just to lounge at the resort. So, park time won't really matter as to which resort we will stay at. Now just to convince my husband to switch our reservation from the cabins...lol

We had the same dilema!
Got a great deal and didn't know where to stay.We picked these two as well!!
My kids are the same age as you kids too (minus the 1 year old).

You know what I did... booked both! 2 days at Beach club, 2 days at Poly before our cruise. You might not like moving around like that, (we will have a car) but from what I have been told, they will take care of the luggage for you. We have always wanted to stay at these resorts, and with the deal we got, why not try both!!

Hmmmm....so you won't be going to the parks much. In that case, I would probably go with the BC. Reason is this: there is a lot of non-park things to do at the BC and Epcot resort area in general. The pool offers things for all ages, including a large sandy bottom pool with shallow water and mounds of sand to play in. You have the boardwalk right there where you can enjoy entertainment (magicians, piano man, etc.), carnival-type games, Espn Club, shopping, restaurants, surrey bike rentals with a beautiful ride around the water, campfire at night, movies on the beach at night, walk to putt putt course. You can also watch the fireworks portion of Illuminations from various parts of the Epcot resort area without entering Epcot park. When you go to Epcot and HS, you will enjoy walking there or else boating to HS. I think given the amount of non-park things to do at BC, that is the resort I would choose for you. Otherwise, if you were going to park-hop and go to the parks a lot, then I'd probably go with Poly.

Can you guys tell me how many pool slides each resort has? And a split stay...now I never thought of that one! Off to show my hubby some pics of the resorts to try to sway him lol.

If you plan on spending a lot of time at MK and Epcot, then Poly. If you plan on spending a lot of time at Epcot and DHS, then BC.

We love the Poly because of the monorail and proximity to the TTC. This location is great if you're traveling with a stroller. You can roll it right on the monorail or ferry to the MK.

Can you guys tell me how many pool slides each resort has? And a split stay...now I never thought of that one! Off to show my hubby some pics of the resorts to try to sway him lol.

The Poly has the volcano slide at the main pool. The BC has the AMAZING shipwreck waterslide (our family votes it the best slide on property) and then a smaller one on the shipwreck for little ones at Stormalong Bay.

Both pools are great, but the main pool at the Poly can get wicked crowded. SAB is so big that we never felt cramped for space.

My fave resorts, too!!

If your kids like to swim a lot (and you'll be able to do so on your trip), I'd book the BC. SAB is great!! You're also really close to two parks, and even within a five minute or less walk to Epcot.

Poly gets my vote because the only thing BC has over it is a nicer pool, and Poly's is nice enough! The advantages of Poly are the proximity to MK, being on the monorail, and I love 'Ohana for dinner and Kona (Tonga toast) for breakfast. You can also get to restaurants at other resorts easily...Chef Mickey's at Contemporary, Mickey's Bakyard BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo at Fort Wilderness, Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, and 1900 Park Fare at GF.

In general Poly is just a wonderful atmosphere. Although I don't think you could go wrong with either choice. BC certainly is a good location too. It's just the bus to MK that is a bummer.

Are you going to spend more time at MK or Epcot and DHS? That may help you decide.

Poly! More room. As mentioned, the Poly has some of the largest rooms, and think you would appreciate the extra space. Great theming! Transportation options, and watching Wishes from the beach! Also the Electric Water Parade goes by every night too.
The other plus is that the Poly has a CS, Captain Cooks in the main building. Very handy to grab a quick breakfast then hop on monorail or bus to the park. Something the Epcot Resorts lack. I've heard it can be a walk to get a snack or breakfast.

Okay so I really wanted the pool at the BC, but I booked the Poly for 7 nights. My kids will love the volcano slide either way, and to be honest I probably will too lol. Thanks everyone for your input...I'm so excited to be staying at a deluxe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter