beach club or boardwalk

We have stayed at both and prefer the BWI because it is quieter and not as chaotic as the BC

I think I'd stay at the Beach (or Yacht) club just for the pool - Stormalong Bay. It's like a mini water park and is the best pool at WDW. This may not be a big deal if you are visiting in Dec or Jan when it may be a bit cool, even if the pools are heated.

Both resorts are great, but for me BC is the way to go.
It's got Stormalong Bay which is by far one of the best pools I have encountered. It also has a great proximity to Epcot, which I think is easier to get to the Epcot gates.

The kicker at BWI was that the water view room we had was very loud. At 8am daily the boats started blowing their whistles. That was a bit too early for me.

If the pool is something you would use a lot then definitely go with BC for Stormalong Bay. If not I would choose BWI. I have stayed at both and now own at both. I love the BWI. It is beautiful, has the wonderful rocking chairs on the balcony, great restaurant selections, is closer to the boats for MGM, and is just as easy and short a walk to EPCOT as BC. I like the little lounge for a drink in the evening with the overstuffed furniture and the activity on the Boardwalok at nite right outside your door. I do NOT like the clown in its pool. Off-putting for me. But I also love the BC with its wonderful walk along the beach - and the walk to EPCOT which is one of my favorites. I love Cape May's breakfast and yoga on the beach in the morning. I have found the service there to be the best of any resort ever anywhere. One day it started raining and we were in the lobby. The manager was hustling around getting towels. As folks came in from outside he was right there personally handing everyone towels to dry off with! And I just think the place is beautiful. Personally I like all the kids running around and playing games. I come to WDW partly to be with kids as mine are grown and watching them brings me a lot of joy.

Although BW is great, I absolutely love BC. I love the pool, I love the hustle bustle feel there. My children are grown and you think I'd prefer the quietness at BW, but I love the energy at BC. And when we go with my grandson, it's all about the pool.

I have never stayed at the BW but I truly ADORE BC. Even though I personally do not go into the pool, I love sitting by the pool and watching the action! It is so beautifully designed and is quite relaxing along some secluded sections of the pool (since it meanders between the BC and YC)! I have only experienced excellent service and the friendliest, most accomodating cast members at BC. Since EPCOT is my favorite park and the walk there from the BC is also a beautiful, relaxing stroll, staying anywhere else doesn't make much sense to me! I have only stayed at the Contemporary, Caribbean and Beach Club but keep going back to the BC! Am going again in 8/09...can't wait!

It depends upon what you are looking for. They both are beutiful resorts with great amenities. If you want a great pool, BC is probably better. If you plan to visit DHS a lot, BW is probably better as it is closer. They are about equidistant from Epcot.

If you are a Stephen King fan, go with the Boardwalk and the scary clown slide. Otherwise, go with the BC.

BC if you just want to try SAB (& don't mind a lot of noise & crowds). resort is pretty, but it is one of the noisiest.
BW for literally everything else ~ atmosphere, decor, entertainment, etc (we also greatly prefer their pools) :thumbsup2

:rolleyes1

Boardwalk all the way!!!! We love the architecture, atmosphere, and its a beautiful resort. It is very quiet and peaceful.

Although we've never stayed at the Boardwalk, we've really fallen in love with the Beach Club. The rooms are wonderful , and the pool cannot be beat !

We have stayed at both and it depends on what you want. If you are going for pool time, then BC is the best. If you prefer a quieter resort with refurbished rooms and more choices in eating, then BW if for you. We prefer BW as we thought BC was too crowded and loud. We had a pool view at BW and it was so quiet, you thought you had the whole hotel to yourself. Both have short walks to Epcot and from BW the walk is about 15 minutes max to HS. Oh, and some things are shared between the two resorts, such as movie night on the beach. Good luck.:cool2:

pool- beach club

Ambience, rooms- Boardwalk

Either way it so easy to get to one from the other for all the other things 9food, entertainmeant, shopping)

I think the pool is the deal breaker for most.

I would pick BW myself. I have never stayed at either one, but if I could, this is where I'd stay. I like the boardwalk theme better. :wizard:

We LOVE the BC and have stayed at both. Both are beautiful resorts, but we like the feel of the BC better. SAB is a great pool and the Epcot area in general has tons of restaurants as well as the nearby WS restaurants are within easy walking distance of the BC.
As with all deluxe resorts, the QS choices are much more limited than at the Mods and Values. There are no Food Courts, although the BC has the edge with the Marketplace if you are on the DDP. The BW has the Bakery If you are paying OOP there are several "stands" on the Boardwalk, but they are not included in the Dining Plan.
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter