• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club or AKL.

Boynton1234

Earning My Ears
We just got back from AKL and loved the resort ! Looking to book again for next year and wondering if I should just stick with AKL or try Beach Club which looks really nice too !

I would try the Beach Club. Don't get me wrong, I think AKL is gorgeous, but BC is fantastic and its proximity to EP/DHS, tons of dining and entertainment options, pool and bigger rooms just can't be beat IMHO. We've stayed at AKL twice, but we go back to BC almost every year.

If pool is most important, BC. If you are wanting to be close to EPCOT and HS I would suggest BW over BC. If those aren't important, head back to AKL for the theming. Of course, these are my preferences only.:goodvibes

If pool is most important, BC. If you are wanting to be close to EPCOT and HS I would suggest BW over BC. If those aren't important, head back to AKL for the theming. Of course, these are my preferences only.:goodvibes

Is boardwalk a closer walk to Epcot then beach club?

I am a big fan of trying different resorts. I think its part of the fun. Good luck with your decision.

Actually, it may be slightly farther, but not much to make a difference. It's definitely a shorter walk to HS. We just enjoyed BW much more than BC.

I'm agree. I'm a big fan of the beach club for the pool, but I prefer the location of the boardwalk better. The walk is significantly reduced to HS and it's not much longer to Epcot.

I would go with BC just because you haven't done it. I love trying new resorts if I can. :goodvibes

There are room at the Beach Club near the Beach Pool (quiet pool) which are the closest to EP, but you'll be a little further from the lobby and pool. BWI is definitely a happy medium (walking-wise) between DHS and EP. The other nice thing about BWI, if you leave EP and don't feel like walking, BWI is the first stop on the Friendship boats. I, too, prefer BWI (for the theming and liveliness of the Boardwalk), but typically our choice comes down to which EP resort has the best price for our travel period. I really love all the EP resorts!

We just got back from AKL and loved the resort ! Looking to book again for next year and wondering if I should just stick with AKL or try Beach Club which looks really nice too !

We've stayed at both and our favorite of the two is AKL. The BC is nice as it's within walking distance to Epcot/DHS, but we weren't wow'd by SAB and the limited CS options don't work for us. We also found the rooms to be only slightly larger than AKL, but not a significant difference (at least not to us). With that said, if you want to try something new, the BC is a pretty resort so if it appeals to you, it might be worth a try.

Depends on the time of year and the length of your stay. If I was going during Flower & Garden or Food & Wine, I'd pick BC. Otherwise, I would probably pick AKL. The only other factor I'd look at is if you are going for a shorter time (4 days or less), I say go for BC or one of the other Epcot resorts so you know you'll be close to two of the parks (to help maximize your park time).

I'm also a big fan of trying different resorts. For years we just went to OKW our home resort. Since the booking online we have tried many others. It's fun to see the different themes. Looking forward to Beach Club in February.

I would choose BC We love the proximity to EC and DHS
I also like the theming better. While I agree AKL Lobby is beautiful, the whole décor is too dark for me.

The BC. We LOVE the EPCOT hotels. We do love the theming of AKL but do not love that you have to take a bus everywhere. We love that you can walk from the BC to EPCOT. We also love trying new hotels.

What about a split stay? I'm going back and couldn't decide on which resort. I loved AKL Kidani too. So I decided to not make the choice. I'm planning my days at the park around which resorts were at, i.e., Epcot and HS when I stay at BWI, but AK when I stay at Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter