Beach Club - is it just me?

schwaa

Disney Addict
Is it just me, or do others agree with this statement:

The Beach Club looks like any other hotel.

I just can't see anything special about the beach club resort (as a hotel itself - I know it's really close to EPCOT and has stormalong bay)

I just don't see anything special theme. Even the new club level lounge looks like where they serve breakfast at a La Quinta or Hampton Inn.

I'm sure you'll find somebody to agree with your statement.

However, I believe that its going to be a small minority.

Last edited:
Disagree, but I respect your opinion :) I know how you feel, because I feel this way about some of the resorts on property. I, for one, do not find anything special about the Contemporary. The outside looks cool, but the inside decor and rooms is nothing that I couldn't find outside of the world. The monorail coming in side is awesome, though! The beach club is my second favorite resort, coming second to WL. I think the theme is impeccable, and it makes me feel like I'm really at a 1900s beachside resort.

Is it just me, or do others agree with this statement: The Beach Club looks like any other hotel. I just can't see anything special about the beach club resort (as a hotel itself - I know it's really close to EPCOT and has stormalong bay). I just don't see anything special theme. Even the new club level lounge looks like where they serve breakfast at a La Quinta or Hampton Inn.
I appreciate your comments and thoughts. What makes it special for me is SAB, proximity to Epcot, and the atmosphere I find there, not to mention the super friendly CMs you would never find at a Hampton Inn or a La Quinta.

I agree but think it is all about personal preference. The theme doesn't appeal to me, but we were initially going to stay there for location and pool.

I just don't see anything special theme. Even the new club level lounge looks like where they serve breakfast at a La Quinta or Hampton Inn.

Disagree.

The new BC lounge is wonderful, the CM's friendliness, lounge seating area, food presentation & offerings, special attention from the chef during evening service are all beyond compare. Truly a family special favorite for almost 15 years.

Sort of agree...I get the theme, but it really doesn't wow me (yes, we've stayed there) and I love "beachy" décor! If I'm going to do Deluxe it's Poly all the way for our family.

Hmmm. I've never heard this type od question pop up for the BC before...

While I've never stayed here, I have visited a few times...Place to me looks fabulous....Inside & out. Not sure where the OP lives ,but if this place reminds you of the typical/ordinary hotels, then I wanna stay in some of those places when traveling...LoL

If they had mentioned SSR, then this would be a different answer, but to me all of the Villas or deluxes, have there own appeal, and good points & bad ones too.:confused3

I liked it when we stayed but the new rooms look plain and like any other (nice) hotel.
But the outside is soooo pretty

If you visit old inns and hotels along Cape Cod, Maine, etc. it has the same feel as Beach Club. I've only been to Beach Club once, but it reminded me of a beautiful place we stayed in on Cape Cod (Massachusetts). Disney did a great job capturing that charm. I don't like the "in your face" Disney themes like you find at the values. When I leave the parks I want a resort with just hints of Disney. I know the CR isn't for everyone, but I like the modern lines and colors there as well.

i like the theme and we are considering it for our next trip. we stayed at contemporary in december and specifically chose it because it is less disney-fied.
while it has some mickey elements, i find the heavily disney themed resorts a *huge* turn-off. i get enough of that at the parks!

for some reason, while i have explained this to our travel agent, he keeps sending me stuff for art of animation or all star sports. not my cuppa tea, at ALL.
and i keep telling him we would like to stay deluxe again next time we go.....

we vacation at the jersey shore every summer and i always say that the beach club just feels like any hotel at the jersey shore, but not in a themed way, just in a boring way. so, yes, i agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter