Beach Club - I need information on this Resort

donaldduck123

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip for early December and I would love to stay at the Beach Club Resort, it is alot of money but a special occasion. What I am wondering is what people think of this resort and since I want to book soon - is one section better than another. Also, I know that sometimes they have codes and I am definately doing the dining plan, does anyone think there maybe a code for early December coming? Thanks!:)

My husband & I just returned from BC a couple of weeks ago. We absolutely loved this resort. We hardly ever had to deal with the busses. It's a 5 minkute walk to Epcot, a 10 minute walk to MGM, you can take the monorail to MK. They have everything that you can possibly want between BC, YC & BW. It's like it's own little city. We bought into the DVC with our home resort at BCV and we are not sorry that we did. We had a great time and cant wait until November when we go back for 2 weeks. As far as any codes I'm not sure you'll have to keep checking.

I disliked this resort immensely. We did a cruise for 4 days then on to BC fo r3 days. I paid big bucks to get a nice view. However to get to my balcony I had to move the tables and chairs just to get to the sliding glass door.

The pool was always crowded, never a lounge chair available and I found the staff not up to par.

Just my experience. but if you are going deluxe do the Poly or do CR MK view or better yet, do my favorite. BW. You have a wonderful quiet pool there that is never crowded and you can just enjoy yourselves

When we stayed, I didn't know anything about room requests. We were apparently upgraded to a pool view room upon check-in. It was fun to watch the goings-on at Stormalong Bay while our infant DD slept. Some might complain about the noise, but it didn't bother us at all. The only (minor) complaint we had was that it was a LONG walk from the elevator to our room.

The pool is the best on Disney property. I hope you are blessed with warm-for-December weather!

Is there much of a difference in staying at the BC side vs. the DVC side (other than the kitchenette obviously) ?

I would like to hear more about this resort. We are staying there in June. We have never stayed at the BC before.

I''ll be staying at BC for the first time in May. I stayed at BW last May and LOVED it and loved the area (YC/BC/BW) so we wanted to try out BC this time.

We are so excited!!!! And yes, as someone posted the walk to the rooms from the elevators is loooooooooong...at least it was in BW. There was only one bank of elevators.

My daughter and I stayed here over Memorial weekend '06.We were on concierge level in room #5659. It was right over the back entrance with an awesome view of the Boardwalk. We watched Illuminations from our balcony. You didn't say if you were looking for a room with standard or water/pool view. This hotel has lots of room categories to choose from and they are in different places with different views! We enjoyed our too short stay here and hope to go again sometime. i can't help with the code info.

I stayed there in 2002, before the rooms were renovated. Other than our room really NEEDING to be renovated, I loved the resort! Yes, we DID have to move the table and chairs to get the balcony, but we didn't have a special view anyway and our room was just crowded anyway because we stayed in it with our three kids.

I think you will LOVE the Beach Club. It is a very beautiful resort. I don't know anything about special locations because I only stayed there once; but I don't think you could really go wrong.

I loved the location of the resort, a short walk to the Boardwalk/Epcot.

My daughter and I stayed here over Memorial weekend '06.We were on concierge level in room #5659. It was right over the back entrance with an awesome view of the Boardwalk. We watched Illuminations from our balcony. You didn't say if you were looking for a room with standard or water/pool view. This hotel has lots of room categories to choose from and they are in different places with different views! We enjoyed our too short stay here and hope to go again sometime. i can't help with the code info.

We have a standard view. Is there anything special we should ask for, as in location, etc.? Is there a section we can ask to stay in that wouldn't be such a loooooooooooong walk to the elevators?

Is there much of a difference in staying at the BC side vs. the DVC side (other than the kitchenette obviously) ?
I find the DVC side to feel homier and a bit quieter. We had a view of the canal and could catch a small glimpse of the higher IllumiNations fireworks from our patio. SAB felt miles away when we were in the room (as opposed to our Beach Club stay where it was right outside our balcony), but it wasn't a bad walk through the lobby to get there. We drove, so we enjoyed being able to exit through the side door to get to the parking lot. Otherwise, there's not much of a difference between the two.

The Beach Club is amazing! My husband and I have stayed there 4 times. The pool is so much fun, the location is great (we love walking to Epcot and around the Boardwalk), and the ice cream at Beaches and Cream is incredible.
The only drawback is the bus service because it stops at the Swan and Dolphin also. We usually rent a car so this isn't a bother. I know it can be pricey, but it's well worth it!

I'm new to posting but have been reading (ok, lurking!) here for a while. I can't post attachments yet and probably couldn't even if I had the option! Go to the resort sticky thread and find the YC/ BC resort. There are some links down the page and one of them (disneyzone) shows room layouts. It shows where elevators are and whether the rooms are standard or water view. Someone who knows more might give the link??

I find the DVC side to feel homier and a bit quieter. We had a view of the canal and could catch a small glimpse of the higher IllumiNations fireworks from our patio. SAB felt miles away when we were in the room (as opposed to our Beach Club stay where it was right outside our balcony), but it wasn't a bad walk through the lobby to get there. We drove, so we enjoyed being able to exit through the side door to get to the parking lot. Otherwise, there's not much of a difference between the two.

Would you mind telling me how far a walk it was to get to the Marketplace for a quick drink? Also, if you have stayed at VWL, could you compare the convenience of grabbing a quick bite/drink at the two resorts.
Thanks!

TO the OP. There are some "codes" out now for dec 9-22. Don't know if those are your dates though! There is much debate about using the codes, but do be sure to at least call CRO and see if you might have a discount code attached to your name/address. Good luck!

I lOVE the BC my favorite resort- well i like the Grand - but have not stayed there since I was 22 with my parents - you just can't beat the location as many have said. I personally love sea shells and the beachy theme so it is perfect for me. In Aug we have found the pool crowded esp in the afternoon- but in May and Nov it was no problem to find chairs together- I love everything about it. we have had some bad experiences there - like finding crap in the hall on our honeymoon - but that was not the hotel's fault--

We had our wedding reception at Ariels and that is just my favorite hotel, but I would probably be ok with the boarwalk too - the Yacht Club lobby is much quiter and low key - which I never understand. You may want to check out the Yacht Club Galley for Breakfast - we were impressed! Or Cape May if you want Characters

Would you mind telling me how far a walk it was to get to the Marketplace for a quick drink? Also, if you have stayed at VWL, could you compare the convenience of grabbing a quick bite/drink at the two resorts.
It wasn't bad at all. The Marketplace is pretty close to the juncture between the Beach Club and the Villas. It felt like a further walk at VWL because you have to trek all the way through the lobby to get to Roaring Forks.

We are here at the BC now. We are on the 5th floor, club level-
This is our first time at this resort.

The lounge is really small,(did I say really? because I meant really, really!)
and the kid noise is horrible(and I came with 3 kids- ages 10,14,6)

We have been here since sat am at 3:30am(our flight was delayed) so sat, sun and today we were all woken up 6:30am by small children SCREAMING in the hallway.

My kids all fell back to sleep, they are not early risers!

Other than that, the resort is beautiful. Nice short walk to Epcot- 5 minutes. and 15 to MGM.

The staff must all be new though, because everyone we asked didn't know what to do when we asked.

My son played in the arcade and his card didnt work- and he $9.00 left on it...needless to say its still sitting here because noone knew what to do.

We had questions about how to get to shades of green to get our tickets(we are an active duty army family) and once again- had to figure it out ourselves.

We don't get that special- club level feel either, that we recieved at other resorts.. not that I expect anyone to bend over backwards for me- but I did pay them almost $4,000 dollars just for my room for 9 days- my very hard earned money!

The mousekeeping staff has been great- we got some super cute towel animals- the first for us and we have stayed at dis. resorts before!!
The room is very clean and the turn down service was wonderful..

The pool is fantastic and the arcade has been a wonderful place to go when it started to rain...

Michelle*
off property-1983
celebration- january 2003
Contemporary-July04
shades of green-May2004
Shades of green-October2005
Pop/shades of green-Feb2005
animal Kingdom-kilmanjara club- June 2005
animal Kingdom-kilmanjara club- May 2006
Beach club-club level-Feb2007

I've stayed at BC and BCV. At BC, I usually book a standard view and ask for first floor. That way, I get a patio (some of the rooms have a one person, standing room only balcony - so request full balcony or first floor if it's important), and I don't have to worry about elevators. BTW - don't forget there's a lone elevator in the back hall near the quiet pool.

BCV is also great (I've stayed studio and 1BR). It can be a long walk there as well, if you end up in the farthest rooms from the main entrance, but I would say most of the rooms there are nearly equal distance to the Marketplace as the same number of BC rooms. Parking is closer to BCV, if that makes a difference to you.

Which is a better request? Request room closest to the pool (the big pool, not the quiet pool) or room closest to the front entrance (which I assume is close to the bus station and food court - please correct me if I am wrong)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter