Beach Club..Here We Come!

Just remember, you can find a bunch of people on this board that had a "horrible time" at each and every resort at WDW. I have had a bad stay at the Contemporary and the Boardwalk and the Wilderness Lodge. Does that mean those resorts are horrible? No!! It just wasn't what I liked. I've had bad stays at Allstars Sports (due to other guests). Some people do not like the Y&B because they love the food courts like at the value and moderates. They come to the Y&B and really do not enjoy it because of the lack of a "real" food court. Some people like resorts that you enter your room from outside (like the values and moderates) or like resorts that have lots of separate buildings to walk to to go to your room (like the Poly and Grand). Some do not like one large building with lots of long hallways (like the Boardwalk). Some people love Stormalong Bay but others think it's too large and you can't keep track of your children there. That's what makes Disney World so wonderful. There is a resort for everyone!!!

We have stayed at the BC before..it was TEN YEARS ago when are kids were little.....although they are no longer little..(13, 20 and 20) we are doing the BC again....it was fantastic when we were there before and can't imagine it won't be again. Was a little bummed when I realized that we couldn't get garden or water view....and we are prob gonna be looking over a parking lot..but HEY...its a Disney parking lol..haha! Looking forward to the trip!

Some do not like one large building with lots of long hallways (like the Boardwalk).
To me the BC/YC are each one long building with long hallways, no different than the BW. I have stayed at the BC and the BW, and I really don't see where the hallways at the BC are any shorter than the BW. It depends entirely on where your room is relative to the elevators.

What an awesome surprise! I am counting the months until our stay at BC so I get your excitement. And like Teena says, not every resort is for everyone but there are definitely more fans than detractors for the BC.

A few people wanted to know what made it the WORST hotel stay ever!

Hang on here we go:

- Took 45 minutes to check-in
- requsted a room with a full balcony and got a room with a "One Person standing on a ledge balcony" overlooking a roof
- Went to Cape May for Dinner with my 2 girls and was charged for 2 adults and 1 child. When I explained to the waitress that the TWINS are both 8 and I should have been charged for 1 adult and 2 kids she said it is what they had written down
- Went to the Marketplace for Mickey Waffles in the morning and no one working there even knew what a Mickey Waffle was.
- Food at the marketplace was gross
- In Room dining for a Mickey Waffle was $15 plus deleivery charge and surcharge....for the same waffle I just paid $5.95 for at All Star Movies.
- Hot Chocolate machine was pouring out hot water only as all the chocolate mix was shooting out the side. I told the lady stocking the shelf next to it and she said it is not her area.
- Called Housekeeping for towels at 11am and by 11:45am and 3 calls to housekeeping later, I just walked down to the pool to get towels for my family
- Trying to do a load of laundry and no one at the Front Desk or Housekeeping could tell me where the laundry machines were on the first floor.
- No Coin change machine in the laundry room
- Laundry machine would not change off of Cold water wash and locked our clothes inside. Took over 30 minutes for someone from housekeeping to come by.
- No One could tell me where a vending machine was. Two days later another family was looking for a vending machine and once again no one could answer the question. I had to step in and tell them.
- They do a movie on the beach every night. SO I called the front desk to find out what movie was playing. They told me WALL-E. We had not seen that movie so we got ready and went down to the beach to see THE Lion King playing. Really...they don't have a handy list of what is playing.
- asked the Life guard how to get on the big water slide and the response was "Over there" with a quick hand wave. If you have ever been to the Beach Club Pool you know that you actually have to leave the main pool area to get to the slide ladder. We did not know that and I don't think I was out of line asking for directions.
- called the front desk to find out if there was anywhere I could connect my computer to a printer and was told I could at the Tickets desk. Waited for 20 minutes in line to be helped only to find out they don't have a printer I can connect to.
- Called for Bell services to help with bags, they took so long we missed our Magical Express ride.
- Went to the Captians grill to get Mickey Waffles to go and I was told "No chef doesnt liek that" I had to actually go sit down, make my order, have it brought to my table, and then ask for a box to pack it up in
- House keeping did not leave any clean glasses for 3 days striaght despite the fact we were leaving 3 dollars a day tip
- house keeping did not make any towel animals
- house keeping did not do anything special on any day however while at All Star Movies Housekeeping did something special every single day
- the tv in the room was not centred in the room
- the room smelled funny
- at the Marketplace tried to pay for 3 muffins before I grabbed them because there was a line at the muffins and was told "They want you to get your muffins first" Really!

I could keep going....

All Star Movies was a THOUSAND times better! Never again will we be back to the Beach Club.

Jellietree...so sorry your experience was bad!

Everyone else..thanks for the best wishes....we are really looking forward to it! Not worried about the visit at all for a few reasons....

• We stayed at the Beach Club....Club Level once before and it was one of the most magical times we had at Disney.
  • I think your trip is all in your perspective of how you look at things. We look at things...this is Disney, we love it..and we are on vacation...anything that is extra that happens is just a great bonus of pixie dust.
  • Lastly, when you are with family, I can find humor in just about any situation..:)

Hopefully will see you there Teena!

A few people wanted to know what made it the WORST hotel stay ever!

Hang on here we go:

- Took 45 minutes to check-in
- requsted a room with a full balcony and got a room with a "One Person standing on a ledge balcony" overlooking a roof
- Went to Cape May for Dinner with my 2 girls and was charged for 2 adults and 1 child. When I explained to the waitress that the TWINS are both 8 and I should have been charged for 1 adult and 2 kids she said it is what they had written down
- Went to the Marketplace for Mickey Waffles in the morning and no one working there even knew what a Mickey Waffle was.
- Food at the marketplace was gross
- In Room dining for a Mickey Waffle was $15 plus deleivery charge and surcharge....for the same waffle I just paid $5.95 for at All Star Movies.
- Hot Chocolate machine was pouring out hot water only as all the chocolate mix was shooting out the side. I told the lady stocking the shelf next to it and she said it is not her area.
- Called Housekeeping for towels at 11am and by 11:45am and 3 calls to housekeeping later, I just walked down to the pool to get towels for my family
- Trying to do a load of laundry and no one at the Front Desk or Housekeeping could tell me where the laundry machines were on the first floor.
- No Coin change machine in the laundry room
- Laundry machine would not change off of Cold water wash and locked our clothes inside. Took over 30 minutes for someone from housekeeping to come by.
- No One could tell me where a vending machine was. Two days later another family was looking for a vending machine and once again no one could answer the question. I had to step in and tell them.
- They do a movie on the beach every night. SO I called the front desk to find out what movie was playing. They told me WALL-E. We had not seen that movie so we got ready and went down to the beach to see THE Lion King playing. Really...they don't have a handy list of what is playing.
- asked the Life guard how to get on the big water slide and the response was "Over there" with a quick hand wave. If you have ever been to the Beach Club Pool you know that you actually have to leave the main pool area to get to the slide ladder. We did not know that and I don't think I was out of line asking for directions.
- called the front desk to find out if there was anywhere I could connect my computer to a printer and was told I could at the Tickets desk. Waited for 20 minutes in line to be helped only to find out they don't have a printer I can connect to.
- Called for Bell services to help with bags, they took so long we missed our Magical Express ride.
- Went to the Captians grill to get Mickey Waffles to go and I was told "No chef doesnt liek that" I had to actually go sit down, make my order, have it brought to my table, and then ask for a box to pack it up in
- House keeping did not leave any clean glasses for 3 days striaght despite the fact we were leaving 3 dollars a day tip
- house keeping did not make any towel animals
- house keeping did not do anything special on any day however while at All Star Movies Housekeeping did something special every single day
- the tv in the room was not centred in the room
- the room smelled funny
- at the Marketplace tried to pay for 3 muffins before I grabbed them because there was a line at the muffins and was told "They want you to get your muffins first" Really!

I could keep going....

All Star Movies was a THOUSAND times better! Never again will we be back to the Beach Club.

Like Teena said, the beauty of Disney is that there is something for everyone! I'm very sorry you had a a horrible time at the BC. Have a great time at ASM, and leave the BC to fans like me!:goodvibes

Jellietree- I'm sorry to hear so much went wrong on your vacation. I can see how all of these things definitely colored your experience at the Beach Club.

Everyone else..thanks for the best wishes....we are really looking forward to it! Not worried about the visit at all for a few reasons....

• We stayed at the Beach Club....Club Level once before and it was one of the most magical times we had at Disney.
  • I think your trip is all in your perspective of how you look at things. We look at things...this is Disney, we love it..and we are on vacation...anything that is extra that happens is just a great bonus of pixie dust.
  • Lastly, when you are with family, I can find humor in just about any situation..:)

I understand what you are trying to say about Perspective and Disney. And maybe if we didn't have such World Classs Service and an Amazing time at ASM the week before maybe I wouldn't have been so hard on BC.

But for the rates that BC charges for a room compared to ASM I was setting the bar even higher for BC and I believe I had every right to set the bar higher for a Deluxe resort compared to a Value resort.

I don't quite understand the laughter? We had outstanding service at ASM.

a few highlights:

- upon arrival we were giving a free room upgrade
- House keeping staff placed all the girls stuffies on the bed all sitting around a map of the animal kingdom
- My daughter got sick at 2:30am and threw up all over the bed and floor. Housekeeping was there within 5 minutes, cleaned everything, provide fresh bedding and towels and REFUSED to take a tip.
- the Manager called the next afternoon to check on my little girl.
- house keeping displayed the girls halloween costumes in the window
- Every question I asked a cast member they had teh CORRECT Answer
- The food court staff rememberedhow we like our mickey waffles
- Bell services was promptly at our door when requested
- The life guards were fun and took an active role in our enjoyment
- Everyone knew what movie was playing by the pool

I could go on and on. on day 3 at the beach club my girls said "Daddy can we please go back to All Star Movies...this place sucks!"

I'm sorry if you feel a Value resort is below your standards but on the week I was there Walt himself would be proud of each and every cast memeber there.

I don't quite understand the laughter? We had outstanding service at ASM.

a few highlights:

- upon arrival we were giving a free room upgrade
- House keeping staff placed all the girls stuffies on the bed all sitting around a map of the animal kingdom
- My daughter got sick at 2:30am and threw up all over the bed and floor. Housekeeping was there within 5 minutes, cleaned everything, provide fresh bedding and towels and REFUSED to take a tip.
- the Manager called the next afternoon to check on my little girl.
- house keeping displayed the girls halloween costumes in the window
- Every question I asked a cast member they had teh CORRECT Answer
- The food court staff rememberedhow we like our mickey waffles
- Bell services was promptly at our door when requested
- The life guards were fun and took an active role in our enjoyment
- Everyone knew what movie was playing by the pool

I could go on and on. on day 3 at the beach club my girls said "Daddy can we please go back to All Star Movies...this place sucks!"

I'm sorry if you feel a Value resort is below your standards but on the week I was there Walt himself would be proud of each and every cast memeber there.
I agree with you 100%. For what you paid at the BC you should have been totally satisfied. I think where you went wrong is not listening to your daughters advice - you should have left the BC and gone back to ASM as soon as you realized that the BC wasn't right for you.

Thankfully this isn't typical of BC. We had a fantastic stay in Aug. We checked in early and there were no lines, and generally didn't notice many long lines during our stay. Sadly our friend was checking in later in the afternoon, and had the misfortune of arriving the same time as a DME and a Cruise ship bus, ugh :rolleyes: So she had a wait! This can happen at any resort, value, mod or deluxe. It's just timing!

We had wonderful mousekeeping. Got a few towel animals during our stay.

We had to ask for directions on how to get to the slide too, but got good directions. The lifeguards can't look at you because they have to watch the pool, but directions were good.

The movies are listed in the Welcome Packet you get at check in on the BC fact sheet, along with the other resort activities, and times too.
Don't worry, and enjoy your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter