Beach Club... Good Bad & Ugly...

Hi Janel

Sorry I can't speak for the BC itself but we love the area. We've stayed at the Swan/Dolphin twice (in 2003 and 2005). We have 2 small children our DD3 and DS7. Both trips we stayed 12 days and had absolutely no problems with the busses that went from the S/D, YC/BC to the Magic Kingdom. I wouldn't put 1 worry to this. We are planning a split trip to the BC and the S/D next summer and we can't wait.

The whole area where the BC is is fantastic. So close to Epcot and MGM and right across the lake from the Boardwalk. You guys will have an awesome first time at WDW. Finish your planning, sit back and start the anticipation. WDW is the only vacation that you can be guaranteed to have 100% fun. :goodvibes

Andy

If you are looking for a full balcony and queen beds-I would really consider the villas or YC. (Villas has one queen and a pull out which can be nice for a little extra room)

These are the two reasons I always paid the deluxe price and you are not guaranteed this at BC.

I think they probably meant that the rooms are never ready early, as they often seem to be at other resorts, I know that we generally arrive around noon, and our room has always been ready (Poly several times and BWI once)

I have checked into to my room early 2 of the 3 times we have stayed there! Usually at 10am- we take an early flight. Once we were upgraded to concierge and got in early. For my wedding we were upgraded to a water view king room and the room was not ready --

Does anyone know the size of the BC rooms compared to the Swan/Dolphin rooms? The rooms at the S/D are nice and big. I'm curious if the BC rooms are just as big or smaller.

Does anyone know the size of the BC rooms compared to the Swan/Dolphin rooms? The rooms at the S/D are nice and big. I'm curious if the BC rooms are just as big or smaller.

I would say BC rooms are a bit smaller, but it might just be my perception. At the Dolphin, it was just me and DS while all 5 of us were at the BC ... it just seemed like there was more floor space at the Dolphin but the beds were smaller and there wasn't a sofa sleeper too.

I did find BC rooms quite a bit smaller than the Poly's, for sure.

Gosh THanks everyone - I just cant wait until we go... If we could just book it already it would become more of a reality for me... :) May 9th 2008 just cant come quick enough....

we've never had a bad experience at the Yacht or Beach Club and I think we've stayed there 5 times. Stormalong Bay is a big draw, as is the location. The CM's are great, the rooms are always very clean and as far as balconies, we've always requested one and have always gotten it.

It's a great place to stay location or not but the location just simply rocks!

PamNC

BC & YC are one of my favorite resorts. I love the fact that you can walk to MGM and EPCOT and the pool is FABULOUS! :wizard: However, I think bus transportation could be alot better--on some of the routes you share the bus with Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin--it's just too many hotels for one bus. I don't know if Disney is doing budget cuts with that or what...but if you are willing to look past the minor bus issue, it is a GREAT resort..I'm jealous!! Have fun!! :) :banana:

I'm scratching my head on this. Check-in time, I thought, was 3 p.m. Why would this be an issue then? :confused3

Sorry you are confused.
It is not an issue, but the OP asked for Good/Bad/Ugly. We almost always arrive around lunch time, check-in, and head to the parks. MOST of the other resorts we stay at (WDW and otherwise) are able to look around in the system, and find a ready room, since we have few (if any) requests. BC never seems to have a room available, even after checking the system, so we call the number on the card they give us, until we find out our room is ready. At one point, BC was going to use something like a 'ROD - rooms on demand' system, but to date, we haven't experienced that. Maybe others have?:confused3
For the visitors that don't arrive at WDW til the afternoon or evening, they would probably never notice that happening.

We stayed at the Yacht Club about 9 years ago and I remembered the only thing we did not care for was the long long long walk down the long long long hall to our room.

We were eating breakfast and dinner there last month (stayed at the Dolphin) and the BC/YC was a mad house, people everywhere...the Dolphin was empty...like a ghost town.

Our favorite restaurant is Cape May, for breakfast and dinner it is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter