Beach Club - Club Level (concierge); any recent reviews?

M

missymj

I'm truly debating whether the Club Level at the Beach Club is truly worth it. I've been reading posts and this resorts seems to be rated the worst in regards to offerings! Any recent reviews would be appreciated!

We stayed BC CL last July and YC CL in October. They are very similar.

We thought BC CL was great, no problems at all. The breakfast offerings were typical CL morning offerings - juice, coffee, hot chocolate, bagels, muffins, pastries, croissants, cereal, fruit, etc. There were sodas out, and juice dispensers. We really didn't do the snacks in the afternoon but I think there were goldfish, cookies, pretzels, etc.

Evening offerings were two hot appetizers (usually one was a soup), cheese and crackers, vegetables and dips, uncrustables, and such.

Night time had lots of mini desserts and cordials.

They had wine out in the evening, but they told us we could ask for wine or beer any time during the day.

We liked it so much we booked two weeks BC CL deluxe room this summer!

We booked the BC CL but switched to the BWI CL instead...the BC CL reviews were not that great and the main thing is the very small size of the CL and people reported the food would be wiped out very fast and there is no where to sit

We stayed there last July and it was fine. The club room is small, however, we never had an issue with tables or lack of food. Our expectations were to use the club for a light breakfast and maybe a quick snack. We didn't use it as our full meal. They were very accommodating when I asked for iced tea in the morning as I think Disney coffee is nasty and after my first request, every morning when I went down, they pulled iced tea from the fridge before I could ask for it.

We stayed Club level as we wanted a certain type of room. We had a deluxe room that was enormous with a huge balcony. With 3 teen boys, room size is very important to us. All 3 boys found the evening offerings a great appetizer to dinner...the food was good and as intended, appetizers. They had a hot offering, a soup, light appetizers such as hummus etc every evening and a nice selection of wine/beer. The dessert offerings were fine the one night we went up there...we are in the parks most evenings so we didn't utilize the dessert buffet.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would stay there again....we love the Beach Club.

June

JuneCleaver - Were you on the same floor as Concierge or in the Deluxe room which I think is on another floor. If you were on a different floor was it a long walk or easy to do? We are going to Poly this January but our kids are now 8 and 11 so our next trip want to try Beach or Yacht. I like the look of the beach club but we also like our balcony.

The lounge is too small, but the food offerings were good and the CMs were great.

We were in a deluxe room. There are no deluxe rooms on the 5th floor where the lounge is. You have to take the elevator. The deluxe rooms are a pretty long walk from the lounge. The room itself is roomy and very nice.

We were in a deluxe room. There are no deluxe rooms on the 5th floor where the lounge is. You have to take the elevator. The deluxe rooms are a pretty long walk from the lounge. The room itself is roomy and very nice.

Here are some Deluxe room pix if anyone is curious about the room. Sorry the quality is bad, they were taken with my phone. :goodvibes

Deluxe-1.jpg

BCDeluxeroom-1.jpg

Deluxe1-1.jpg

Deluxebalcony1-1.jpg

Deluxebalcony3-1.jpg

We were on the 4th floor...with an elevator right outside our door which was great for Epcot...straight down to ground floor and out the door.

We walked down the hall to the main elevator and it took us right up and out into the club level lobby. It didn't bother us at all.

Very accommodating staff...we checked in and they took one look at all 3 6 ft plus boys and immediately sent up a roll a way so they all had their own beds. We looked right over the quiet pool.

The room was huge...loads of storage and very quiet.

Definitely a do againer here!

june

We booked BC CL for our Oct. trip. I have not stayed there before nor have we stayed at cl in any of our previous trips. I was worried at first after all the reviews but figured if I know what to expect I won't be disappointed but may be pleasantly surprised.

What kind of view do the deluxe rooms have? We usually do water view and are you guaranteed a balcony or patio? I think our family would probably like the atmosphere better at beach club but am worried about not getting a balcony.

What kind of view do the deluxe rooms have? We usually do water view and are you guaranteed a balcony or patio? I think our family would probably like the atmosphere better at beach club but am worried about not getting a balcony.

There is a view of Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk through the front window of the room seen below:
Deluxe-1.jpg

The side balcony overlooks the quiet pool. So, the "water" view is limited. The third floor Deluxe room has a standing-room only balcony facing the front towards Crescent Lake/the Boardwalk and another one on the side facing the quiet pool:
Deluxebalcony1-1.jpg

The first floor room has a modest sized patio. This room is right by the quiet pool so it's not very private in my opinion. There are only four Deluxe rooms and they are all on that corner, stacked between floors 1-4. Hope that helps. Any other questions, let me know.

:)

Misti.....Thanks for the pics :thumbsup2. Is the deluxe room CL a booking category? We are thinking of staying BC CL next summer. We stayed at the BC (standard room) in Dec '03 and loved it ;). Some have said the lounge is pretty small........is it so small that it's hard to find a place to sit or is it not too bad?? Thanks again for the pics :goodvibes.

"Worth" is a very subjective and individualized determination. If you are really questioning whether BC club level is worth it, it is probably not going to be.

The lounge was very crowded at breakfast and at evening canape/wine time. A couple of times we ended up going out on the standing room only balcony that is along one wall of the lounge. It was so crowded in the lounge, we preferred going out there and standing up to eat breakfast.

We were told last August that the concierge lounge would be expanded in September 08. Apparently, that never happened. It's a shame because, IMO, it's the one thing that really discourages me from booking CL at the Beach Club again.

Club level was an afterthought at BC. The lounge reflects that.

Misti.....Thanks for the pics :thumbsup2. Is the deluxe room CL a booking category? We are thinking of staying BC CL next summer. We stayed at the BC (standard room) in Dec '03 and loved it ;). Some have said the lounge is pretty small........is it so small that it's hard to find a place to sit or is it not too bad?? Thanks again for the pics :goodvibes.

You're welcome! Glad you liked the pix! Yes, it is a separate category. I think the category code is WS. If you call, ask for that room code. Because there are only 4 of these rooms available, CM's sometimes have no idea what you're talking about when you ask. So, it might be helpful to use that category code. Also, because there are only 4, they tend to be booked up a lot.

Personally, the BC is my least favorite concierge lounge. It's very small and during prime rush times it's chaotic, messy and the tables are full. We used to take what we wanted and retreat to our room. And/or wait till less busy times. Morning rush is the worst 7-9am or so. Just my opinion. Happy Planning!!

:goodvibes

You're welcome! Glad you liked the pix! Yes, it is a separate category. I think the category code is WS. If you call, ask for that room code. Because there are only 4 of these rooms available, CM's sometimes have no idea what you're talking about when you ask. So, it might be helpful to use that category code. Also, because there are only 4, they tend to be booked up a lot.

Personally, the BC is my least favorite concierge lounge. It's very small and during prime rush times it's chaotic, messy and the tables are full. We used to take what we wanted and retreat to our room. And/or wait till less busy times. Morning rush is the worst 7-9am or so. Just my opinion. Happy Planning!!

:goodvibes

Thanks for your opinions and for the info on the deluxe rooms :goodvibes. We stayed CL at the WL about 5 years ago and we enjoyed it.....so we thought we'd try another CL and since we are looking to staying at the BC again next summer, I thought I'd get opinions on the lounge :). It's nice that Disney has alot of options....but then again it's hard to choose because there are too many choices :rolleyes:. I see I have lots to consider...thanks again ;).

Thanks for your opinions and for the info on the deluxe rooms :goodvibes. We stayed CL at the WL about 5 years ago and we enjoyed it.....so we thought we'd try another CL and since we are looking to staying at the BC again next summer, I thought I'd get opinions on the lounge :). It's nice that Disney has alot of options....but then again it's hard to choose because there are too many choices :rolleyes:. I see I have lots to consider...thanks again ;).

If you are already planning on staying at the BC, I'd give Concierge a try then. Even with my opinion on it, I've managed to stay concierge about 5 times there over the years. The cast members in planning have always been great. If you can overlook that the room is smaller than other lounges, it's a good experience. And just to let you know, the Deluxe Room is less than the Water View Concierge category and higher than the Garden View Concierge. So, the price is kind of in the middle.

Good luck with your decision and happy planning! :goodvibes

:surfweb:

If you are already planning on staying at the BC, I'd give Concierge a try then. Even with my opinion on it, I've managed to stay concierge about 5 times there over the years. The cast members in planning have always been great. If you can overlook that the room is smaller than other lounges, it's a good experience. And just to let you know, the Deluxe Room is less than the Water View Concierge category and higher than the Garden View Concierge. So, the price is kind of in the middle.

Good luck with your decision and happy planning! :goodvibes

:surfweb:

You are so kind....thank you for all your responses :goodvibes. I will definitely look into the deluxe room ;). Planning is half the fun for me but it does get frustrating sometimes with so many options to pick from :rolleyes:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter