Beach Club bus service

nc6200

Mouseketeer
Staying at the BC for a week (starting Sunday) and am wondering about bus service. I've stayed at BWI in the past and sometimes the buses would stop at swan/dolphin, BC, YC, etc. and by the time we were actually on our way we could have just driven ourselves & parked.

Does anyone know the bus stop pattern (if there is one) at the BC for MK, AK, DHS? Obviously we will walk to Epcot.

Staying at the BC for a week (starting Sunday) and am wondering about bus service. I've stayed at BWI in the past and sometimes the buses would stop at swan/dolphin, BC, YC, etc. and by the time we were actually on our way we could have just driven ourselves & parked.

Does anyone know the bus stop pattern (if there is one) at the BC for MK, AK, DHS? Obviously we will walk to Epcot.

Everyone's experience/opinion is different, but the buses, IMO, can be hit or miss. I don't know what the pattern would be, but sometimes they are shared among all 5 resorts and sometimes they are only shared between the BC and YC and there's really no way of knowing until you're actually there (IMO).

There is no bus to DHS. You either take the boat or walk. Walking is faster if your feet are up to it. Sometimes we take the boat there or back just for the chance to sit for a bit.

As far as I know, the bus route is the same (BWI, BC, YC, Dolphin, Swan) regardless of the eventual park unless it has changed since last year. It's been that way for all the times we've been between 2000-2012.

There are times when the YC and BC/BCV are the only ones on the bus. And BWI/BWV, Swan and Dolphin are on another.

There are times when the YC and BC/BCV are the only ones on the bus. And BWI/BWV, Swan and Dolphin are on another.

Two months ago this was our service, which is very good. I recall one time all five resorts sharing! What a nightmare that was...:eek:

I've been at BW all week, the MK and AK busses were all BW > Swan > Dolphin. Didn't go to DTD.

Just stayed at Y&BC and took the bus to MK did not share with anyone else

They've finally changed the bus service. Stayed at YC late August. BC & YC share, YC is first with both pick up and drop off.
DTD is the only bus that is shared with all Epcot resorts.

This is true. Rarely does the Y&B bus stop at the Boardwalk ... usually only in off hours (middle of the day).

It has been fine to the parks as far as I'm concerned. Downtown Disney is another matter, as all 5 Epcot resorts still share buses on that route.

They've finally changed the bus service. Stayed at YC late August. BC & YC share, YC is first with both pick up and drop off.
DTD is the only bus that is shared with all Epcot resorts.

So if I'm taking the bus from BC to AK, are there any stops in between?

This is true. Rarely does the Y&B bus stop at the Boardwalk ... usually only in off hours (middle of the day).

This has been my October experience for years. The only really bad route is the DTD route and we don't do that often.
AK bus stops at Blizzard Beach in both directions. MK bus is direct and pretty fast to us.
We find the service to be fine.
Enjoy

In Sept, we never shared beyond YC/BC - in that order. I was relieved as when we were at BW years ago all 5 often shared.

I didn't have any problems with bus service during my stay except fo DTD.

But bus service to and from DTD sucks at all the hotels.

(one of the reasons I love POR/POFQ is that slow boat to DTD, so nice and relaxing).

However the fact is that BC shares almost all the time with the other epcot resorts (# depends on time of day and crowds) and it seems to be just a tad....lenghty. I never had to wait long FOR a bus but it was a long route. I am pretty laid back and I tend to work the length into my plans or make alternate arrangements so it doesn't bother me, but if you're more tightly strung about things like that then you're not going to like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter