• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Close to Orlando

jxgallan

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disneyworld in early December and would like to spend the last few days of our trip at a beach close by so we can fly back from Orlando. Any recommendations?

If you want to swim I would recomend ST pete's Beach ( Gulf of mexico warmer than atlantic Ocean ) Or if you just want to relax on the beach Daytona Beach is amazing Both would be about 1 hrs drive from Orlando with Daytona being a little closer

We like Cocoa Beach. A quick stop at Ron Jons and then a dip in the ocean. It is sually a little colder but I grew up swimming at Lawrencetown Beach on the coast of Nova Scotia so it is like bath water to me.

jxgallan said:
We are going to Disneyworld in early December and would like to spend the last few days of our trip at a beach close by so we can fly back from Orlando. Any recommendations?
Cocoa Beach is the closest (and its quite quiet).A bit heavy in the 'wave' department though :goodvibes

Yes, waves can be big. DD was not keen on it becuase of that. As an old surfer I loved it but it is not for everyone when the surf is up. Local weather from orlando should be able to tell you how big it is the day in quesion.

Another bonus for Cocoa is you can sometimes see the Wonder or Magic in port.

We found the water in St Pete's to be much warmer than Cocao Beach. Being in the Gulf of Mexico, it is going to be warmer than being in the Atlantic Ocean.

I second Clearwater in (near?) Tampa. My DSis is pretty picky when it comes to things not being clean, and this one was great even by her standards. She wasn't impressed with a lot of the other FL beaches...

We've tried a number of beaches on both coasts over the years (always work in a beach stay with our WDW vacations) - and we agree that we love New Smyrna Beach (south of Daytona) and Naples (southwest Florida) the best! NSB is only an hour or so east of Orlando; Naples is about a three hour drive way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter