Beach before US or after? Help pls!!

Momma2PrinceNPrinces

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to figure out which is the best route! We'll be going July 19-26. Was going to be just Clearwater then DH decided to hit US too. Right now here's our plan:
7/19-22 Orlando, heading to Clearwater 22-26. My thoughts were US may be less crazy during the week days than a thurs-sat....correct in my thinking? We're staying at PR so whether or not we go during the week or weekend, we'll have EP.

But now I'm trying to figure out if we should switch the plan around. I know beaches in Clearwater are typically busier over weekends, plus we're planning on going to Clearwater Aquarium.

What do you all think??

Hum...why would you be more worried about Clearwater? In terms of crowds?

Yes. I would plan more around the crowds in Clearwater than the crowds at Universal. The crowds will be pretty consistent at the parks during the month of July whether it's during the week or weekend and since you're staying onsite, it won't make any difference anyways.

We have done a holiday with a visit to Universal after the beach.......because of this, I highly recommend Universal first and beach second. You could use the more relaxing beach days to recover from the busier park days. The way we did it (backwards) just had us all worn out and cranky with each other....of course that was at the end of a 16 days holiday which started with a week at Disney, 3 days at the beach, and 4 days at Universal. By the end of it we were exhausted and could have used a couple of beach days to recover.

We are at universal now and just did Clearwater first at the Hyatt from Friday-Monday. Had a great time lots of fun stuff on the weekends at the pier....i asked my family the order they wanted to do it and it was unanimous to do beach first .... But to them they are saving the best for last. I'm sure it would be great either way! If you have the time and $$ I HIGHLY recommend a jet ski tour with Finn. It was the absolute BEST day!

I like the beach last yo recover from the parks, but was are park commandos so we need the rest.

I'm trying to figure out which is the best route! We'll be going July 19-26. Was going to be just Clearwater then DH decided to hit US too. Right now here's our plan:
7/19-22 Orlando, heading to Clearwater 22-26. My thoughts were US may be less crazy during the week days than a thurs-sat....correct in my thinking? We're staying at PR so whether or not we go during the week or weekend, we'll have EP.

But now I'm trying to figure out if we should switch the plan around. I know beaches in Clearwater are typically busier over weekends, plus we're planning on going to Clearwater Aquarium.

What do you all think??

Do Clearwater during the week days. it will be less crowded, better pricing on the hotel & traffic should be lighter. If possible fly in or out of TPA to cut down on dealing with drive from MCO.

ps not sure if u have hotel in mind, but we had a less than stellar stay @ the Clearwater Beach Hilton.

ps not sure if u have hotel in mind, but we had a less than stellar stay @ the Clearwater Beach Hilton.
We stayed at the Doubletree Beach Resort in North Redington Beach with a beach view/balcony and we loved it. North Redington Beach is beautiful and has nice, relaxing feel. The Frog Pond is great for breakfast and The Conch Republic - you can't beat it for supper. John's Pass is just a couple of kilometres south and a great place to visit too. Sorry, I couldn't resist chiming in! :D

Saturday and Sunday are check in check out days for the hotels so the parks will be less crowded on weekends.

Saturday and Sunday are check in check out days for the hotels so the parks will be less crowded on weekends.

i have always found saturdays to be crowded in the parks.

depending on the date of the year you go on vacation to the darkside, the start and end of the hotel stay will vary by day of the week.

i have always found saturdays to be crowded in the parks.

depending on the date of the year you go on vacation to the darkside, the start and end of the hotel stay will vary by day of the week.

Yep.......we have never seen weekdays busier than weekends in the parks.

Last year we noticed it more than previous year's how busy the weekends were in both parks.

If you are the slightest bit fair or sun burnable I would plan US first, it is summer it will be busy at both places probably equally.
I would be more worried about getting sun burned (& I do wear sunscreen) and be miserable in the parks with a sun burn. All the over the shoulder restraints would really hurt sun burned.

Thanks all!
We're driving and staying in Madeira Beach using points. We would be at universal Sun-Tues, beach Wed-Sat, heading home Sun. We probably won't be spending full days at the beach, Only because my kids are iffy about the ocean (but love playing in the sand!) We're definitely planning on going to the Clearwater aquarium one day though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter