Be very aware everyone!

No it's not but they do screen for prior history of any trouble like this and that is probably all they can do. If someone's never been caught before then how would they know? The article says he's on unpaid leave pending the outcome of this so they do appear to have a no tolerance policy at least. It's sad to hear, never the less.

They go where the children are. That is why we should be extra vigilant at places where children congregate. Chucky Cheese and Disney are probably a child molester's dream job.

As I said on another thread about this topic, some people are just sick and twisted and this just makes me worry more about it.

On another thread, there was a "debate" as to what should be covered on children and there were some of us who felt all kids, even real little ones with little parts should be covered because there are sickos. Some people expressed "who looks at toddler girls that way" sentiments. Well, in one of those "I told you so" moments, I repeat- make sure your kids are fully dressed. You never know where these sickos lurk!!! YIKES!!!!!:confused3

On another thread, there was a "debate" as to what should be covered on children and there were some of us who felt all kids, even real little ones with little parts should be covered because there are sickos. Some people expressed "who looks at toddler girls that way" sentiments. Well, in one of those "I told you so" moments, I repeat- make sure your kids are fully dressed. You never know where these sickos lurk!!! YIKES!!!!!:confused3

You know his reminds me of when we were at DL-DCA (Cali.) and at DCA they have a big fountain play area that is monitored by CM's constantly and children must be fully clothed, including shoes (I think the shoe rule is just safety related) but I saw the CM's looking for parents of children that didn't have shirts on and telling them they have to put their clothing back on them. I'm sure this is because sickos love to hang out in public places like these and everyone has a camera so no one would think twice about people taking pictures. :sad2:

They go where the children are. That is why we should be extra vigilant at places where children congregate. Chucky Cheese and Disney are probably a child molester's dream job.

Ugh, I hate Chuck E cheese. As it turns out, we have a party there next Saturday. I will not take my eyes of my boys for 1 minute.

I'm a little confused by this. In what instance would a child be in public and not fully dressed?? :confused3

No matter where you go -- over to the neighbors or to Disney -- watch your children. More children are abducted and molested by someone they/their family knows than by a stranger.

As for having your children clothed in public, it's necessary and is part of teaching your child personal boundaries. Gone are the days of innocence when our kids could run through the sprinklers in the front yard with all the other neighbor kids with just their undies on.

Perverts are everywhere -- and remember, they are not always adults. Children (anyone under 18) do molest other children. The whole thing is absolutely disgusting!

According to someone I know at Childhelp USA, many major cities are having to investigate 8000+ cases of alleged sexual assault on children every year. That's too many kids!

It looks like not even Disney is safe from these sickos!:sad2:

http://www.wftv.com/news/14017706/detail.html

Disney never was 'safe', it's a public place, just like any other. The problem is that parents tend to think just because it is Disney, it's somehow magically safer there. No place is ever 100% safe. Think of one place you thought was safe, and I could probably find an instance where someone was killed/attacked there. Just think of the tragedy at that Amish schoolhouse, where else could it be safer?

No it's not but they do screen for prior history of any trouble like this and that is probably all they can do. If someone's never been caught before then how would they know? The article says he's on unpaid leave pending the outcome of this so they do appear to have a no tolerance policy at least. It's sad to hear, never the less.

they actually do fingerprint everyone they hire and do a background check. They do everthing they can to ensure that no wierdos get in. but the ones with no record are the problem.

I am fanatical about watching my kids like a hawk when we go to Disney. They are at an age where we would not trust them to be alone. My DS 8 struggles with this, but I am not willing to change my mind. Things like this just make me more concrete in my stance.

A few years ago we were at typhoon lagoon and saw a family from France whose 2 daughters were topless. They were probably 8 and 10. No one said anything to them and maybe it is the norm in France but I thought it was inappropriate. I was surprised no CM's told them to cover the girls up.

A few years ago we were at typhoon lagoon and saw a family from France whose 2 daughters were topless. They were probably 8 and 10. No one said anything to them and maybe it is the norm in France but I thought it was inappropriate. I was surprised no CM's told them to cover the girls up.

To be honest, in Europe no one would batter an eyelid at 2 topless girls either on a beach or beside a pool as in European holiday resorts its pretty much the norm for women to go topless regardless of age. I know it is something you never see in the US, but if we go to Spain/Greece/Portugal on holiday it is so prevalent that no one really pays any attention.

Gone are the days of innocence when our kids could run through the sprinklers in the front yard with all the other neighbor kids with just their undies on.

I agree that those sort of things don't happen any more, but i've had this arguement before with my sister and my mam about how they view the past with rose tinted glasses. There have always been perverts and wierdos in the world, its just that in the past those sort of crimes weren't discussed and the details certainly weren't reported as graphically as they are now. Also, 24 hour news channels, tabloid newspapers and the internet mean news is more "in your face" than in the past and the internet inparticular has allowed such deviants more access than ever before to the sort of material they crave.

Disney are like every other employer, they do police and background checks but cannot be held responsible if those checks come back clean.

I watch my children like a hawk no matter where we are. I live in a safe neighborhood, but they don't go outside unless a grownup it there to watch them. My daughter is almost 6 and I still make her hold my hand or ride in the buggy. It isn't safe anywhere.

But you can still have fun. Just be careful. Don't take anything for granted.

:thumbsup2

Along with
teacher
coach
clergy
tutor

In order for a pedophile to get close to kids, they have to gain the parent’s and the child’s trust. Most kids are molested by people they know. While parents are keeping an eye out for the creepy stranger, the friendly, out going "friends"(and in some cases parents) are the ones molesting on the kids.

I think there was something else last year (right before we left unfortunately!) about a man at Corondao Springs trying to get a little girl to come with him. He turned out to be a molestor. They are naturally drawn where there will be loads of kids, it is just in their behavioral makeup. Do I keep a vigilant eye on my kids, yup. But I know there are quite a few folks who view Disney with the aforementioned rose tinted glasses and think it is one giant Day Care.

I'm a little confused by this. In what instance would a child be in public and not fully dressed?? :confused3

I was at my local mall last Summer and while driving through the parking lot looking for a spot I saw a lady who had her aprox. 3 yr old daughter totally nude sitting on a potty seat in the back of her van with the back wide open for anyone to see and this was not an out of the way spot, it was just outside the mall entrance where all the restaurants were :confused:

I was at my local mall last Summer and while driving through the parking lot looking for a spot I saw a lady who had her aprox. 3 yr old daughter totally nude sitting on a potty seat in the back of her van with the back wide open for anyone to see and this was not an out of the way spot, it was just outside the mall entrance where all the restaurants were :confused:
I guess when you gotta go, you gotta go. I have sympathy since my ds was difficult to p/t and we had to take "the pot" with us a few times until he got used to the big potty. Wonder why she didn't close the door though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter