Be Out Guest reservations are a joke.

Doesn't that kind of prove the point? If every other restaurant you ate ate sat you on time.... wouldn't you start putting two and two together? It is a brand new restaurant and there are hiccups. Again, not every night... probably not even most nights, but it did happen to you.

If Disney is using their experience to judge the average amount of time it would/should take for a party to sit, eat, and leave.... how are they going to know that they are incorrect until they open up and start operating?

GWMORT - any word if Beast was meeting specially on your night or if that can be expected during dinner hours each day?

Shouldn't Disney have this down to a science by now though? How many new restaurants have they opened and continue to operate. A few basic stats tests in Excel should give them some pretty good metrics by which they should be operating by. Over hour waits for people with ADRs is not good, and I know how the seating system works and that its not a true reservation. I agree new restaurants have hiccups but for an established place like Disney World, there's not many excuses.

If you don't like something about a business, don't spend your money there. Disney, like most profitable companies only listens when you vote with your dollar. There are a seemingly infinite number of people waiting to take that ADR. There are entire threads devoted to trying to get an ADR at BOG. Why would they change?

GWMORT - any word if Beast was meeting specially on your night or if that can be expected during dinner hours each day?

I meant to ask the server that exact question and forgot. I sure hope so, it was a great set up. The "library" is actually the QS ordering kiosk area, and after getting the photo with him we exited through the hall with the suits of armor that talk to each other. The flow was perfect and added to the whole experience of getting to see everything despite being there only for one meal.

They were specific it was only one group shot per table and no autographs (don't think he could physically sign anyway).

Doesn't matter how many restaurants they have opened in the past they have to work out the kinks for THIS restaurant.

You're in Disney (for most people that alone is a dream only), with a coveted ADR, getting to be one of the first people to eat at BOG. IMHO...stop complaining.

Mysteria said:
Doesn't matter how many restaurants they have opened in the past they have to work out the kinks for THIS restaurant.

You're in Disney (for most people that alone is a dream only), with a coveted ADR, getting to be one of the first people to eat at BOG. IMHO...stop complaining.

Thank you!!!!

I liked that they weren't letting people wait inside. You had to wait outside on the bridge until the pager went off then give it to the gate keeper who let you in the castle doors, felt very special, but I can see they may need a covered area outside in bad weather.

I don't think Disney sees covered waiting areas as a need. If a restaurant has a covered area (Le Ceiller and The Crystal Palace come to mind) it is very small. Definitely not adequate for the amount of people waiting for a meal at any given time.:worried:

Shouldn't Disney have this down to a science by now though? How many new restaurants have they opened and continue to operate. A few basic stats tests in Excel should give them some pretty good metrics by which they should be operating by. Over hour waits for people with ADRs is not good, and I know how the seating system works and that its not a true reservation. I agree new restaurants have hiccups but for an established place like Disney World, there's not many excuses.

It seems they errored when they put in 'Average Table Turnover Time' in Excel then. I guess Cathedral Ballroom had more impact than they anticipated.

Why would this restaurant be any different than ones opened in the past? I'm sure they could have predicted the popularity... everyone on here did. And for the record, I'd probably wait if I had an ADR and it took an hour. I wouldn't be stoked about it, but I'd wait. The point is that no one should have to consistently. I don't know why everyone is so defensive for Disney on these kind of things. That would never be acceptable at a chain restaurant or a new restaurant in your hometown.

It seems they errored when they put in 'Average Table Turnover Time' in Excel then. I guess Cathedral Ballroom had more impact than they anticipated.

Exactly, which is why hopefully they can make the adjustments. That should have been something fairly easy to predict based on prior and foreseeable data. You'd think they would start liberal in their seating times and adjust to more frequent as necessary. Seems as though they've done the opposite, of course because of the almighty dollar.

Exactly, which is why hopefully they can make the adjustments. That should have been something fairly easy to predict based on prior and foreseeable data. You'd think they would start liberal in their seating times and adjust to more frequent as necessary. Seems as though they've done the opposite, of course because of the almighty dollar.

Hopefully they will adjust. But it won't be any time soon, unless they decide to call people and tell them their current ADR is no longer valid.:eek: And I really can't see them doing that.

Sure... but if they granted an extra 30 minutes for each table in order to accommodate the 'new restaurant pizazz' and people are STILL going over that, how are they supposed to figure it out until they open.

You can go off of experience and make a plan that should work based on that experience, but obviously this restaurant is not working the way their others had. Those are the kinks that get worked out within the first few months of service. It stinks when it happens to you, but it comes with the territory of booking that early into operation. There are some things that can not be planned for.

Why would this restaurant be any different than ones opened in the past? I'm sure they could have predicted the popularity... everyone on here did. And for the record, I'd probably wait if I had an ADR and it took an hour. I wouldn't be stoked about it, but I'd wait. The point is that no one should have to consistently. I don't know why everyone is so defensive for Disney on these kind of things. That would never be acceptable at a chain restaurant or a new restaurant in your hometown.

I don't think people are consistently.... that's the point. There's been plenty of people posting (in this thread and others) that they were seated promptly and it was fantastic.

The point is that no one should have to consistently.

That is the point, but so far I only see one family who waited 40 minutes past their ADR time one night...so I do not see a pattern of families consistently waiting a long time at BOG :confused3 Once isn't a consistent problem, it's a bad night at a new restaurant

Mystery Fan said:
I don't understand why it takes over an hour to sit our party of six. We took the two hours to make reservations on the first day we could make reservation and now we have to wait, come on Disney you should do better than this.

I understand how this can happen, but I would indeed ask for a manager and see what he would offer, as that is just wrong. You make ADRs at a particular time for a reason.

I guess one should either avoid BOG for at least a few months until Disney can consistently provide seating times in line with reservation time or happily live and accept the fact that you may have to wait an extended length of time before being seated. Based on some comments on this thread, I should just be blissful that my dream of having a Disney vacation was fulfilled, regardless of the several thousand dollars I spent on this dream vacation.

I wonder what delayed ADR patrons are going to do when they have to wait and the weather is really bad. I was told the range of the pagers was around 150 feet which doesn't give any shelter options since Disney won't let you inside the building until your pager goes off and any other shelter is outside the pagers range. I foresee a new thread when that happens.

I understand how this can happen, but I would indeed ask for a manager and see what he would offer, as that is just wrong. You make ADRs at a particular time for a reason.

No, you make ADR at a particular time because that's all that is available. That should be a clue.

I wonder what delayed ADR patrons are going to do when they have to wait and the weather is really bad. I was told the range of the pagers was around 150 feet which doesn't give any shelter options since Disney won't let you inside the building until your pager goes off and any other shelter is outside the pagers range. I foresee a new thread when that happens.

As I stated before most, if not all, Disney restaurants have no or limited shelter. There hasn't been a large hue and cry over it yet, so why would there be now?

If anyone thinks they didn't know how popular it would be then you don't know Disney very well. BUT there are still kinks in every new venture. When Test Track first opened it was down ALOT .For that matter when EPCOT opened they had so many problems but they were eventually worked out to all our enjoyment! I really don't know why so many people think it's about $$ . If Disney DOESN"T make $$ we all will be vacationing elsewhere .:scared1:

Manager offered a percentage off the bill for the inconvenience and settled on giving them desserts when he realized they had the TIW card (already giving them a discount).

aaarcher86 said:
Manager offered a percentage off the bill for the inconvenience and settled on giving them desserts when he realized they had the TIW card (already giving them a discount).

I saw that, I don't know that is what I would have accepted personally. The reason behind this for me is that there was another party of the same size that had a later reservation time and checked in after the OP that got seated before the OP. This is assuming that the OP didn't request a particular room, if they did, then that's another story.

No, you make ADR at a particular time because that's all that is available. That should be a clue.

I Totally agree, I just wish others on this thread could see it, There should be no excuss for disney for any long waits, for what they charge for a meal plus if you don't show up your charged, so you check in at your given time, that is when you should be seated . No excusses :sad2::sad2::sad2:
I just wonder that now this resturant is open, there must not be anyone going to LTT, can anybody tell how the other resturants crowds are.:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter