Be Our Guest

sunshineNJ

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to get a dinner reservation here but no luck. Our dates our 8/18-8/24. Has anyone done a walk up? Is the counter service nice or does it feel like any other counter service? thanks:)

Lunch is very nice and not your typical CS (it's actually "Quick Service"). You eat in the same Ballroom and West Wing areas as dinner, plus the Rose Gallery is also open (I understand it's not open for dinner), and you can choose where you sit. You place your order up front, choose a table, get your drinks & utensils, and your food is brought to you (drinks are the disposable cups, but real dishes and flatware, not paper/plastic). Braised pork with green beans & potatoes was very good, and more like a TS dish than your usual counter service.

The lunch line gets very long; I went at a "lower crowd" time in February and got in line at 11 am for a 40 minute wait, but it was worth it, IMO. Others can give better advice as to the best time to get there.

We thought it was better than typical QS but not like WGPE better.

We loved the restaurant and really enjoyed the steak sandwich and grilled cheese and strawberry cupcakes!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

You're not going to get a walk-up for BOG. Keep trying for an ADR for dinner or do lunch as quick service.

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep trying. I guess if we do the quick service get there by 11 or so.

I am not sure how it has been recently but we went in early December within 3 weeks of opening. I was one of the crazy people who called in August that shut down the phone lines and was lucky to get a reservation.

Fast forward to our night and wouldn't you know... they were taking walk-ups. This was at 4pm when they open for dinner, don't know what kind of luck you would have at say 6 or 6:30.. And even when we left at 5, the tables were only half full.

What seems to keep being mentioned is that if a reservation is cancelled, it's not going back into the system. So honestly I say why not try a walk up if you can't get a reservation. If it's a no, you didn't lose anything and you do lunch. But you never know...you may get in!

When we were there for dinner on Wednesday they were taking walk-ins. It was around 4:30 and I heard both a party of 4 and a party of 5 get sat without ADR. We were a larger party and in the restaurant for almost 2 hours and there were A LOT of open tables the entire time!

We just ate there for lunch this past week and literally walked right in the door at 10:45 (no waiting at all). It was amazing! We ate there twice in Nov. also (28th) and waited 30min once, the next time 15min.

Had the braised pork each time, also french onion soup, was so very delicious!

We just ate there for lunch this past week and literally walked right in the door at 10:45 (no waiting at all). It was amazing! We ate there twice in Nov. also (28th) and waited 30min once, the next time 15min.

Had the braised pork each time, also french onion soup, was so very delicious!

How was the price? Did you use a ddp credit or pay oop?

How was the price? Did you use a ddp credit or pay oop?

We payed oop. The braised pork dish was $11.99 - the french onion soup was $4.99. They both were delicious, and really were more in keeping with TS dinner dishes than CS, in fact better than a lot of them. :goodvibes

IMHO I think this is one of the best CS restaurants in all of WDW. The food quality for CS is very good (some of it is better than some of the TS restaurants)...the atmosphere is just so unique and magical it doesn't compare to any other CS in that way. You use silverware rather than plastic ware. Servers bring your food out to you and no trays to carry (so nice!). The only thing you get is your drink and quite frankly I like that idea so you can refill as you want.:thumbsup2

We got in line at 11 and made it our sort of "brunch" and it worked out great. We only waited 20 minutes until we sat and our food was delivered within 5 minutes of that time frame. I can tell you we've waited longer than that at other CS restaurants AND TS restaurants WITH ADRs!::yes::

I know I keep posting this but I know this may interest the OP but please feel free to check our our lunch experience. We took many photos of the line-up/ordering process, the dining rooms, the food, the atmosphere which has been quite helpful to many.

Our Be Our Guest LUNCH Experience with photos

When we were there for dinner on Wednesday they were taking walk-ins. It was around 4:30 and I heard both a party of 4 and a party of 5 get sat without ADR. We were a larger party and in the restaurant for almost 2 hours and there were A LOT of open tables the entire time!

We were there last night and they were taking walk-ins, although I have no idea how long the wait was. Keep trying to get a reservation, though. I got mine within just a few weeks of our trip, but you may have to look at off-peak times. The great thing about being there at dinner opening was we were the first people in the restaurant, so all the wait staff was lined up in the doorway telling us "Bonjour!". We felt like royalty!

We were there over Easter week (it was pretty busy). The only ADR I could get for BOG on our last night was 4:35. The family of 5 in the check in line ahead of us didn't have an ADR. They were seated at the same time as we were. it is worth checking into while you are there, the food and atmosphere is fantastic. You also get to meet with the Beast after dinner - he actually danced with my DD9.

Good morning. Today is our 180 day mark to our arrival :-)cool1:). I called right at 7am eastern time and I was able to get a reservation for 4 at 5pm on our last night, 10/26. I was told by a reservation agent we would have better luck to try making the reservation at the end of our trip, since resort guests can book for their entire stay (up to 10 days) which would go into the start of our trip. Just wake up early, grab coffee or tea and call reservations. I had no luck trying to book on-line.

Good luck!

Good morning. Today is our 180 day mark to our arrival :-)cool1:). I called right at 7am eastern time and I was able to get a reservation for 4 at 5pm on our last night, 10/26. I was told by a reservation agent we would have better luck to try making the reservation at the end of our trip, since resort guests can book for their entire stay (up to 10 days) which would go into the start of our trip. Just wake up early, grab coffee or tea and call reservations. I had no luck trying to book on-line.

Good luck!

You will be there the same time as us! Today is also our 180 day mark and we got out ADR for 7pm on a MNSSHP night :) I believe we got ours for 10/24 :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter