Be Our Guest: Quick Service Review

AuntPol

Earning My Ears
We ate their last week during Cast Member Previews.

You order either at a self-service kiosk or with a CM. We ordered with a CM. We used 3 CS meals and ordered a child's meal OOP. This meant ordering twice and getting two different rose locators.

You are given a plastic rose that serves as a locator for the waiters. Do not wander around with this or it messes up the wait staff. We immediately put both of our on our table and then my daughter and I went around taking pictures. Our food was still lost.

There are 3 dining rooms. There is the big dining room in the center which has a gorgeous ceiling and window that shows a snowing scene. This room is darkish. There is the mysterious, but smalll west wing that has the rose and a painting (both light up periodically). This room is even darker. Then there is an east wing that is light and more cheerful.

You have to get your own drink from the drink stations. The cups are at the stations. Refills seem to be okay.

The wait staff bring out your food on a gorgeous warming cart and serve you and they give you "real" eating utensils.

We did have a problem in getting served. When we got back to the table after looking around, ,my daughter's meal was there. However, the other 3 meals were not there even after she was finished eating. After 25 minutes from ordering, I flagged down a waiter and she was able to get us food in about 10 minutes. It seems that "our" food had gone to a table in the east wing by mistake?
The server was very apologetic and the chef sent out an extra dessert. I didn't really mind as it was a dress rehearsal and this is where they are supposed to work out the kinks. Itwouldn't have took this long if we would have notified server earlier but we so enthralled with the beauty of the place we didn't notice for awhile!

The food was great. It comes out on real plates and you are given real eating utensils (as opposed to plastic/paper that you get in regular CS places). My daughter had the macaroni meal and she loved the macaroni. It came with peach applesauce and green beans and she doesn't like either but I thought it was tasty. I think the meal was a good size.Three of us had steak sandwiches on garlic bread and fries. It was too much to eat and a great bargain for $8.79! My son and I could have split it and it was perfect for my husband who eats a lot. I gave my daughter the top half of my bread and it was still too much.

For dessert we had the triple chocolate cupcake and strawberry cream cheese cupcakes and the chocolate cream puff and the raspberry lemon cream puff. They were very beautiful to look at, very fresh and tasty and way beyond the typical quick service. The raspberry lemon was my favorite and I'm not usually a fan of lemon things.

When you leave, you leave your stuff on the table and they clear it off for you.

In all, it is a great experience for a quick service and one of the best quick service meals I had. It was tastier than any of the table service buffets! The ambiance is gorgeous and the service makes you feel like you are eating at a table service. It was just as gorgeous as eating at CRT.

I hope I can upload some pictures soon.

Thanks for the review! We have an ADR for dinner in February, and we definitely want to do lunch as well.

Also looking forward to the pix! Can't get ADR's for dinner so we will have to do CS lunch, so looking forward to what we can expect!

What have the lines been like there for Quick Service lunch?

What have the lines been like there for Quick Service lunch?

We just got back from the world yesterday and had BOG for lunch a few days ago. I got in line while my husband had the kids on some rides at about 10:10am, husband and kids joined me right at 10:30am and we were inside ordering by 10:45am. Sitting and enjoying our lunch by 11am. Not too bad but I wouldn't have wanted to wait with the kids the whole time.

We just got back from the world yesterday and had BOG for lunch a few days ago. I got in line while my husband had the kids on some rides at about 10:10am, husband and kids joined me right at 10:30am and we were inside ordering by 10:45am. Sitting and enjoying our lunch by 11am. Not too bad but I wouldn't have wanted to wait with the kids the whole time.

Thanks! That seems a long time for so early in the day, but I guess it's not so bad. Even on a quick service meal at many other places it takes a good 20 minutes to get through the line.

I had a great CS lunch there. I got in line at 9:45am. The line got pretty big by the time it opened at 10:30am but we ordered and got our food by 10;45am. The line moved pretty quick. I had a steak sandwich and French onion soup. It tasted awesome. Here is a video from my BOG lunch experience: http://youtu.be/b_79w_k_o-I

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter