• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest or Ohana ?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Which would you choose?
Right now we have a Be Our Guest dinner reservation but we are thinking of switching to Ohana.
We have eaten at Ohana before and we did eat lunch at BOG before but have never had dinner there.
Should we keep the Be Our Guest dinner or should we change it to Ohana?

Tough decision! These are 2 of our favs... I would probably keep the Be Our Guest reservation. It gets mixed reviews on here but on our last trip it was by far our best meal (that included eating at Ohana). And, since you haven't had dinner there before, it would be a new experience... and you get to meet the Beast.

I would keep BOG. I think 'Ohana is going though some "pains" lately, and I would avoid it.

We had a really good dinner at BOG when we went in the beginning of December.
'Ohana lately seems to be rather inconsistent with their food, service, and wait times.

My pick would be BOG.

Which would you choose?
Right now we have a Be Our Guest dinner reservation but we are thinking of switching to Ohana.
We have eaten at Ohana before and we did eat lunch at BOG before but have never had dinner there.
Should we keep the Be Our Guest dinner or should we change it to Ohana?

Wow talk about tough decisions.....2 totally opposite experiences but equally very good....

I've been to Ohana's about 7 times, and BOG 3 times..This past summer the BOG meal, & service by far was our best Dining experience... Ohana's is always good too.

I'd say keep your BOG, since you've never tried it b4...Then you can always decide in the future which is more important....

Are there any other TS Adr's that you can switch instead or just the Ohana 1?

What are you doing the day of the reservation? Will you already be at MK? What did you want to do after dinner?

I would think about which fits into your day better than go with that. To me, a meal tastes better if there was no stress before it.

What are you doing the day of the reservation? Will you already be at MK? What did you want to do after dinner?

I would think about which fits into your day better than go with that. To me, a meal tastes better if there was no stress before it.

we are struggling with same decision - definitely leaning towards BOG right now but we tend to flip back and forth

Since you have seen BOG, and you know about the great theming, I would go with Ohana for food alone. Seem like this is the way your instinct is leaning you, I would go with that

Wow talk about tough decisions.....2 totally opposite experiences but equally very good....

I've been to Ohana's about 7 times, and BOG 3 times..This past summer the BOG meal, & service by far was our best Dining experience... Ohana's is always good too.

I'd say keep your BOG, since you've never tried it b4...Then you can always decide in the future which is more important....

Are there any other TS Adr's that you can switch instead or just the Ohana 1?
Well we will be going to MK 2 times. One we have a reservation for Hoop Dee Doo and the other is this one that I'm trying to decide between Ohana and Be Our Guest. I think we will go ahead and try BOG dinner since we have never been and I have heard so many good reviews.

we are struggling with same decision - definitely leaning towards BOG right now but we tend to flip back and forth
I know what you mean. We have ate dinner at Ohana twice and once for breakfast. BOG dinner will be our first time.

We will be at MK that day and plan to spend the evening there until closing.

Ohana used to be one of our favorites. My DH and I ate there last week to see if the negative reviews were exaggerated. Nope! It was terrible. In fact, when I got home, I immediately cancelled our reservation for June. We may try it again one day though.

Now, we tried BOG for the first time last week, and let me tell you, it was DELICIOUS!!! It was probably the best meal I have EVER had at WDW, and I've eaten at many of the signatures. Too bad I can't get an ADR for this restaurant for our June trip. I will keep trying though.

I would definitely keep the BOG!!!

We just got back from our WDW Christmas and we ate at both BOG and Ohana. IMO BOG is a no-brainer, at least for us. My DS and I had the steak which we could cut with a butter knife. DH had the sustainable fish (black grouper) and he said it was the best meal of the trip for him. DD had the shrimp and scallops and she said it was delicious. The French onion soup was amazing too. Plus the service was amazing.

We just put 'Ohana on our do not return for a while list, and although the dinner at BOG wasn't great the atmosphere outweighs 'Ohana's. Unfortunately the food, the staff, and the children/parents killed our 'Ohana visit. I will say we have a 2yo ourselves, and we were disappointed with the lack of parenting and obtrusion by rude parents onto our table while we were eating. The food was mediocre and the wait staff just wasn't available. Just behaviors wouldn't do and I couldn't believe others did. I would keep BOG, and we loved meeting the Beast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter