• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest - No More Lunch Walk Ups

Also please remember that even if you have a FP for Lunch you are NOT guaranteed a table.
We saw 2 families this summer that were waiting for tables and their cart of food came to where they were standing.
Unfortunately there were NO available tables. I heard one cast member say to one family..." Sorry but we can not make people leave the tables"

Once you stop moving your MagicBand or Rose detects that you have chosen a location and can now bring your food. You need to keep moving and looking for a table. If you sit at a dirty table, know your food may arrive before the table cleaner. For the first year or so we never had a problem with getting a table in either of the big rooms, with many tables to choose from. West Wing, we ate in several times but it was harder to get a table. But the last 6 plus months the restaurant has been crowded and...
OK - in the unlikely event that I mange to get a lunch FP+ by sacrificing one of my 3 MK ride FP+, I am not guaranteed a table inside the actual restaurant and to avoid having my food delivered to me while standing I should continue moving so that my 'rose' doesn't alert the servers to 'serve' me while standing? Got it - think I'll just aimlessly wave the 'rose' like a magic wand towards the seated diners as if sprinkling them with pixie dust. :wizard:

RubySlippers said:
Also please remember that even if you have a FP for Lunch you are NOT guaranteed a table.
We saw 2 families this summer that were waiting for tables and their cart of food came to where they were standing.
Unfortunately there were NO available tables. I heard one cast member say to one family..." Sorry but we can not make people leave the tables"

This is ridiculous! So if there are no tables, we should just sit in the floor? If they are doing FP for lunch (which no one can book now anyway) why not just make it where you can reserve an ADR 180 days like any other restaurant? What's the point of the FP that makes it any different?

We walked in at 2 pm on October 2
Cm advised that was the best course of action
We saw the huge line for the fast pass folks and going it at 2,was much better

Why not just do dinner there and save the FP+ for the rides ? :rotfl2:

So this fastpass for BOG is going count towards 1 of the 3 that we will get for the day ?

Has there been any explanation as to what will happen to offsite guests? And will this still be a separate FP+ from the three you can use a the MK? I haven't been able to find that out.

OK - in the unlikely event that I mange to get a lunch FP+ by sacrificing one of my 3 MK ride FP+, I am not guaranteed a table inside the actual restaurant and to avoid having my food delivered to me while standing I should continue moving so that my 'rose' doesn't alert the servers to 'serve' me while standing? Got it - think I'll just aimlessly wave the 'rose' like a magic wand towards the seated diners as if sprinkling them with pixie dust. :wizard:

:confused3I seriously cannot believe what I am reading; what a fiasco! We secure a FP, pay for our lunch (which is not exactly cheap), and then we are required to embark upon a table quest.
So now it appears that they need warning labels on the plastic roses..."To avoid premature delivery of your food, please keep the rose in motion until you are seated at your table".:lmao:
Looks like FP+ has pushed BOG over the edge. I'm not exactly sure what my reaction would be if I were standing in the ballroom and my cart of food rolled up; I would probably ask for a refund, and head over to Gaston's Tavern to drown my sorrows in a cinnamon bun.

If they are going to make a November change it'd be nice to notify the guests with November plans what is going on with a little advance notice.
If the place is going FP or ADR, I'd like more than 30 days notice to try and make that happen.
Seriously Disney, wth

I don't know what the heck is going on but I pulled up BOG this morning as if I wanted to make a res and lunch times for today had appeared. No available tables though. I looked at tomorrow and the first time that appeared in the list was 4:00pm. So maybe they are releasing lunch ADR's one day at a time?????

I don't know what the heck is going on but I pulled up BOG this morning as if I wanted to make a res and lunch times for today had appeared. No available tables though. I looked at tomorrow and the first time that appeared in the list was 4:00pm. So maybe they are releasing lunch ADR's one day at a time?????

4pm is the first dinner seating :)

This is so aggravating. Disney, please just tell us how we can eat at your restaurant! I'm willing to give up a ride FP, order my food 27 days in advance, cancel an ADR somewhere else to open up some TS credits, or whatever I need to do, just tell us what the heck is going on so I can take care of this! You have forced us to plan every aspect of this vacation 6 months in advance, now let us finish it already.

Cin- just confirming, you are saying you booked a BOG FP today to use 16 days from now? You would be the first report I have read to book in the past couple days. But perhaps your date is before October 31 so is still available to book. What date did you book?

Congrats on the reservation though!
Yes, I got a spot for Oct 31. I really wanted a date for Nov. but the window won't open past Nov 1 even though my trip extends into November. I never got any confirmation from WDW in my email and it doesn't show up on my Disney Experience, but when I went back to beourguestlunch.disney.go.com it still gives me the option of pre ordering or cancelling my ressie, so it still appears I have one. I am only a couple of weeks out now, and still never got an invite from WDW for this. It appears they are random invites. I will know for sure whether my ADR is good when I arrive for my appointed time. They gave me a window from 1315 to 14 something. I can't remember the end time. But yeah, I'm in!!!

If they are going to make a November change it'd be nice to notify the guests with November plans what is going on with a little advance notice.
If the place is going FP or ADR, I'd like more than 30 days notice to try and make that happen.
Seriously Disney, wth

I hear ya!!! We are 20 days out and we feel we are in limbo!!

I am realllllllly not a fan of things being "FP+ only". At all. Anything...... Dislike!

Although I am a fan of FP+, for my reasons............. However, I do agree with the statement above. The concept of FP+ only creates "exclusivity" in the parks......which is against the Disney mantra (in my mind anyway). ON our last trip a few weeks ago we didn't FP+ TSMM we waited........didn't care...........if they take that away...........I'll care! There has to be another way..................has to be :confused3

Doug :goofy:

Yes, I got a spot for Oct 31. I really wanted a date for Nov. but the window won't open past Nov 1 even though my trip extends into November. I never got any confirmation from WDW in my email and it doesn't show up on my Disney Experience, but when I went back to beourguestlunch.disney.go.com it still gives me the option of pre ordering or cancelling my ressie, so it still appears I have one. I am only a couple of weeks out now, and still never got an invite from WDW for this. It appears they are random invites. I will know for sure whether my ADR is good when I arrive for my appointed time. They gave me a window from 1315 to 14 something. I can't remember the end time. But yeah, I'm in!!!

Yes, I keep hearing that people aren't having issues with Oct FPs but Nov is unavailable which really sucks since it is coming quickly!! I NEED to plan ours for Nov...

They did something similar before the FP+ system was released. We were seeing FastPass+ links but they were dead links just prepping I guess for the release. Hopefully the same for BOG lunch!!! I'm so hopeful this happens. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter