Be Our Guest - Lunch or Dinner?

rdw

Mouseketeer
What are the differences? Which do you prefer and why? (not that I can even get a dinner ressie - but just in case)

Thanks!

Lunch is counter service, dinner is table service and you get to meet Beast at Dinner. You can check the differences between lunch and dinner menus at AllEarsNet.com.

Thanks! I did know about CS vs TS.

I guess the better question is is the TS worth it to meet the beast? Sit in a certain area? Is belle there too?

We have lunch reserved.

Other than the food - is there a reason to prefer one over the other?

Thanks! I did know about CS vs TS.

I guess the better question is is the TS worth it to meet the beast? Sit in a certain area? Is belle there too?

We have lunch reserved.

Other than the food - is there a reason to prefer one over the other?
I haven't been to dinner yet, we're doing it on our next trip, but I've done lunch twice. I think lunch can feel more hectic because since it's quick service, the carts with food are zipping around quickly, people are getting up to get their drinks and silverware. You can choose your table at lunch, we sat in a different room each time. The West Wing is dark, people blind you with flash photography a lot, so we did the main room the second time and sat by a window. (Not sure if anything about seating will change now that it's a reservation, but that's how it was in September.)

Belle is not at dinner, just the Beast. As I understand it, he occasionally walks through the room, and he's available for a photo op after. Only you know whether that's worth it to you. My sister's favorite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast, and she wanted to get a photo with the Beast, so I kept an eye out for dinner openings at her request. Lunch is a bit cheaper. It's also faster, so if you wanted a more drawn-out meal, dinner.

We love the Masters Cupcake filled with the grey stuff. So good! You can only get it at lunch.

We had both meals there a few months ago. The differences have already been explained to you above, so I will give you my preferences.

We preferred the food and atmosphere at dinner. However, BOG lunch food ranks higher in my book than most other QS options. The food at dinner, on the other hand, was pretty average in terms of TS options. For either meal, I would recommend the west wing or rose gallery because they tend to be quieter and more relaxed. The ballroom felt more like a cafeteria to me, it was loud and chaotic.

I just had dinner ther last nite and it was wonderful. I really enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere. I had the braised pork with asparagus. And the grey stuff dessert was outstanding. It's like a chocolate tartlet. Yummy! My friend had the pork chop with the baked macaroni au gratin and enjoyed it.

I had lunch there last year. Food was also good. Had the potato leek soup and sandwich. Got lemon cupcake which was also good but I would go back to dinner for the grey stuff

We went with 2 kids and we did both on our last trip. We liked lunch by far. It was beautiful, cheap and quick. We felt free to walk around and look in all the rooms. The free refills were great too! Our dinner took 2hrs even with reservations. We waited 20min to sit, about 1 and 20min to eat. Another 15 minute line for Beast. It was too time consuming. And the food was much more expensive.

I would do it without kids though. Drinks and a great meal would be nice there as a couple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter