Be Our Guest Lunch Fastpass

Yeah I've yet to hear of any new BOG lunch FP snags. I cry Shenanigans on the whole thing. I say, show up early, get in line and wait. Lines weren't even that bad right at 10:30 am in May.

we had a FP for 10:30am for lunch but we were in the park by 6am so we were ready to eat. We arrived at 10:20 and the place was packed. I was really shocked. There was no seats left in the "dark" room where my GD wanted to sit.
The line outside by 10:20 was all the way down the bridge and around that wall. Wait was being told at least 20 minutes. Guess it depends on the day.

I may get flamed here, but I think we need to share in the blame for the lack of BOG lunch FP+ recently. From what I've been reading, the system was supposed to be for only those invited. Anyone with the link has had access, though, so the rumor is that the restaurant's been overloaded with more FPs than it can handle.

On the other hand, as someone who works on websites I don't think it would be difficult for them to filter the FP+ to only include those invited, so it's also on them that they didn't do this in the first place. Who knows, maybe that's what they're working on now.. Just guessing.

..By the way, I was also patiently waiting to book mine for the third week in August with or without an invite.. :badpc:

I may get flamed here, but I think we need to share in the blame for the lack of BOG lunch FP+ recently. From what I've been reading, the system was supposed to be for only those invited. Anyone with the link has had access, though, so the rumor is that the restaurant's been overloaded with more FPs than it can handle.

On the other hand, as someone who works on websites I don't think it would be difficult for them to filter the FP+ to only include those invited, so it's also on them that they didn't do this in the first place. Who knows, maybe that's what they're working on now.. Just guessing.

..By the way, I was also patiently waiting to book mine for the third week in August with or without an invite.. :badpc:

It's most certain that the web in general shares far too many "tips". To the point that companies such as Disney have had to make modifications to existing programs so they can cut back on the abuse. Some companies have even been put under by, and not responding fast enough to, the abuse.

However, if this was implemented the way I'm 98% sure it is, there is absolutely no way they could oversell Fast-passes... unless they've pulled an airline maneuver and created too many slots to start with figuring there will be no-shows.

For what it's worth, we went last September and waited about 30 minutes in line to get in -- so not too bad.

We went last June and got in line around 10:45. We stood in line for about 40-45 minutes in the BLAZING hot sun. Trust me, 30 minutes doesn't feel like much until you're in the direct, hot sun and there's no shade. Oh, and you're crammed together in a crowd of people :scared1:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I totally agree and posted something similar earlier (it might have been in the July specific thread.) I don't really think we can be "upset" that they realized we all found a loophole. Does it stink? Yes! Especially because the date we were looking for is 2 weeks past the "frozen" date, but I'm not upset about it. We'll still have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

I don't really think we can be "upset" that they realized we all found a loophole. Does it stink? Yes! Especially because the date we were looking for is 2 weeks past the "frozen" date, but I'm not upset about it. We'll still have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

I agree with you that we can't be upset that our loophole isn't working any longer. The frozen date is only 2 days before the day would like. We check in on July 8th! So we're just disappointed not to get to do this. This will be the first time we are staying on property since magic bands and FP plus has begun.

I agree with you that we can't be upset that our loophole isn't working any longer. The frozen date is only 2 days before the day would like. We check in on July 8th! So we're just disappointed not to get to do this. This will be the first time we are staying on property since magic bands and FP plus has begun.

So sorry about the timing for you. It must be truly frustrating. I'm hoping the rumors are correct and you'll maybe get access to the FP on checkin. It sucks to be the Guinea pig though.

I think I'm going to give up on trying for an end of July lunch with this system. We already have a dinner booked, so perhaps I should just "let it go!" ;)

I think I'm going to give up on trying for an end of July lunch with this system. We already have a dinner booked, so perhaps I should just "let it go!" ;)

I'm feeling that way too, but instead of letting it go, I'm just going to chill a little. I had been checking 3-4 times per day! Hopefully some of the people going after the frozen date will be able to share their experiences and whether or not they were able to make a reservation once they've checked in and then we'll go from there :)

Certainly no flames intended, but I don't see how people who used the website are at fault. The BOG FP+ website has long been open to anyone with an onsite reservation, and the site was easy enough to find with any basic internet search. So no one was exploiting any sort of loophole. And I agree with digimom that, if Disney wanted to keep it invitation only, they could have shut down public access to the website long ago. I have a hard time, though, believing that there were more FP+ than the restaurant could handle. However the FP+ was made, it all went into the same system. If the restaurant was at capacity, it would have just indicated that there was nothing available, just as the ADR system does with table service restaurants.

Certainly no flames intended, but I don't see how people who used the website are at fault. The BOG FP+ website has long been open to anyone with an onsite reservation, and the site was easy enough to find with any basic internet search. So no one was exploiting any sort of loophole. And I agree with digimom that, if Disney wanted to keep it invitation only, they could have shut down public access to the website long ago. I have a hard time, though, believing that there were more FP+ than the restaurant could handle. However the FP+ was made, it all went into the same system. If the restaurant was at capacity, it would have just indicated that there was nothing available, just as the ADR system does with table service restaurants.

I agree-when i booked our trip in September, I was actually told by the CM that the BOG lunch FP was available to ALL resort guests. She gave me the website and explained how to do it. Doesn't sound like anyone is exploiting anything-It is just how Disney set it up.

Well, still nothing open past the 7th.

I'm checking into Kidani on the 6th... hopefully they'll let me book that morning during check-in? Or something like that?
I need a lunch FP for the 9th.

I'll let everyone know if it works out or not. Blah.

Well, still nothing open past the 7th.

I'm checking into Kidani on the 6th... hopefully they'll let me book that morning during check-in? Or something like that?
I need a lunch FP for the 9th.

I'll let everyone know if it works out or not. Blah.

YES! Please let us know. Sorry that you have to be our guinea pig, but we'd love to hear how it goes :thumbsup2

So frustrating. I was looking to book BOG FP+ for July 9. I wonder when those will open up. I originally wondered if FPs were all taken for the days we'd be in Disney, but I'm glad to read everyone is having the same issue.

So frustrating. I was looking to book BOG FP+ for July 9. I wonder when those will open up. I originally wondered if FPs were all taken for the days we'd be in Disney, but I'm glad to read everyone is having the same issue.

I talked with a male CM last night, seemed pretty knowledgeable and said, they were overbooking and had to rework it. SOOO that may be the reason it stopped opening up, too many people using the Backdoor to get in. HOWEVER, many CM's in the past 2 weeks offered me the link to get in, so not sure what is going on. I stopped worrying about it. It was driving me crazy. If I want to have lunch there, and don't have a fastpass, I will just wait in line.
This is my laptop frustration from constantly refreshing :badpc:

I talked with a male CM last night, seemed pretty knowledgeable and said, they were overbooking and had to rework it. SOOO that may be the reason it stopped opening up, too many people using the Backdoor to get in.

It's not a backdoor, it's an open website (albeit in testing) that allows anyone to log in and has been communicated as such by cast members. If they didn't want that to happen, they shouldn't allow people to log in. Or are they still living in the dark ages when people didn't know about stuff unless Disney told them individually?

And if the restaurant is overbooking, just tweak the number of available slot per day. It's not rocket science, that's what test periods are for.

Andre

did you have an official email invite.

No. I never received an email invite. I just logged onto the BOG Lunch Fastpass website and the dates for my trip are now available. I have seen people reporting being able to reserve at least through July 23 on July BOG FP+ thread on this board.

No. I never received an email invite. I just logged onto the BOG Lunch Fastpass website and the dates for my trip are now available. I have seen people reporting being able to reserve at least through July 23 on July BOG FP+ thread on this board.

I also just scored a BOG fast pass for lunch on 7/13!! Just used the website!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter