• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest Lunch FastPass Thread [PLEASE read the FAQs in the first post!]

The Main Street Mouse is reporting that BOG will be FP reservations for onsite guess and a stand by line through October 29th. After that time, Disney will assess the situation and make a decision on how it will deal with BOG from there on out.

Well that sure does a lot of good for us that are trying to get reservations for November!! I guess we are just supposed to wait until sometime after October 29th (who knows when that will be) and then if we don't find out at just the right time and aren't' able to hop online immediately, we will lose out all together on getting to eat at BOG. :headache:

Here's the link to MSM:
http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2014/10/09/the-real-deal-on-the-be-our-guest-rumors/

That post doesn't say anything new, does it? We already knew FP+ was available through October. It basically says they don't know what's happening in November. Join the club. :confused3 I have serious doubts that Disney will wait until after October 29th to decide what to do. We'll know what's going on before that. Also, people fainting in the heat is the reason? Wouldn't they have made that change in the summer? Now that summer is over, they are making the change? Doesn't make any sense to me.

That post doesn't say anything new, does it? We already knew FP+ was available through October. It basically says they don't know what's happening in November. Join the club. :confused3 I have serious doubts that Disney will wait until after October 29th to decide what to do. We'll know what's going on before that. Also, people fainting in the heat is the reason? Wouldn't they have made that change in the summer? Now that summer is over, they are making the change? Doesn't make any sense to me.

The new information is that they are testing until October 29th. I have never seen this posted anywhere until now. So, to me, it means that it is likely I won't know whether I can eat lunch here until right before I leave for my trip. I hope, like you said, that Disney will decide something well in advance of October 29, but I'm not counting on it.

Just another headache in what has been a stressful and time consuming process for planning my trip. Too many changes and all so close together. And of course, as bad luck would have it, all right before my trip!

The new information is that they are testing until October 29th. I have never seen this posted anywhere until now. So, to me, it means that it is likely I won't know whether I can eat lunch here until right before I leave for my trip. I hope, like you said, that Disney will decide something well in advance of October 29, but I'm not counting on it.

Just another headache in what has been a stressful and time consuming process for planning my trip. Too many changes and all so close together. And of course, as bad luck would have it, all right before my trip!

I completely understand and am in a similar boat. I think you have reason to optimistic. That blog post doesn't make any sense. What are they testing? They've been testing FP+ for an extended time now. They aren't testing anything new between now and October 29th. I think it's quite unlikely that a decision will be made after October 29th. That doesn't give enough time for FP+ reservations to fill the restaurant for November 1st. I think the whole post is bogus. Some front-line CM told them this, most likely. There are two likely scenarios that will play out in the near future. The first is that there is a brief pause and dates will begin opening again int he BOG FP+ site and continue as before. Probably a couple weeks worth at one time to make up for the pause. The second scenario is that it shows up in MDE as a FP+ option in the very near future for November and you'll have to book it that way. The latter seems more likely since testing has been going on forever. I think one of these two things will occur within the next 10 days. If it's FP+ only from now on, they've got to open up November 1st soon. I'm right there with you on this and hope it works out for you.

I completely understand and am in a similar boat. I think you have reason to optimistic. That blog post doesn't make any sense. What are they testing? They've been testing FP+ for an extended time now. They aren't testing anything new between now and October 29th. I think it's quite unlikely that a decision will be made after October 29th. That doesn't give enough time for FP+ reservations to fill the restaurant for November 1st. I think the whole post is bogus. Some front-line CM told them this, most likely. There are two likely scenarios that will play out in the near future. The first is that there is a brief pause and dates will begin opening again int he BOG FP+ site and continue as before. Probably a couple weeks worth at one time to make up for the pause. The second scenario is that it shows up in MDE as a FP+ option in the very near future for November and you'll have to book it that way. The latter seems more likely since testing has been going on forever. I think one of these two things will occur within the next 10 days. If it's FP+ only from now on, they've got to open up November 1st soon. I'm right there with you on this and hope it works out for you.

I sure hope you are right. It does seem ridiculous to wait until Oct. 29. Good luck to you and everyone else in the same boat with us!!

Does anyone know why they don't open all the rooms in BOG for dinner? Seems to me they could relieve some of this pent-up demand by adding more tables at dinnertime, thereby making more ADRs available. I also think they should add breakfast CS. Would make them money; would get us all into the castle! Any cast members on this board who know?

At the end of the day BOG is really not that great in my opinion. I have eaten there twice It's just bothering me that my "choice" is being taken from me to eat there.

at 180 days not one dinner reservation was available, you can not wait in line now or make a fast pass + that just all seems unfair to me. Oh spend 4,000 dollars on a vacation but not everything is working smoothly on Disney ends. They had no problem taking my $ on time. I think for the $ you spend for a Disney vacation you should be able to book sort after reservation and fast passes with no issues. I do not have this drama when I stay onsite at universal. and I love Disney it's just a shame at this point

I never thought I'd say this, but, the next 4k I drop in Orlando will not be in WDW. I think it's time to give the other park a try. Like I said in my previous post- This was the last straw. I'm okay with planning but don't break the rules and then send me that darn email link I can't use. Or at least make someone available when you call that could help you with a situation and have some type of answer. BTW Disney, ( that's called customer service).
I think the ground is starting to move at Walt's resting place, so sad:worried:

Does anyone know why they don't open all the rooms in BOG for dinner? Seems to me they could relieve some of this pent-up demand by adding more tables at dinnertime, thereby making more ADRs available. I also think they should add breakfast CS. Would make them money; would get us all into the castle! Any cast members on this board who know?

They do open all the rooms at dinner.

We have had lunch (4) times at BOG and dinner once. At dinner we requested to be changed to the Rose room due to the surprising amount of noise. We thought dinner would be quieter than lunch. We were able to change to Rose room, but only 4 tables had seating at that room. When we asked why so limited, we were told the kitchen cannot handle anymore tables. The restaurant was actually never intended to be a full service restaurant. Makes sense, not sure of the validity, but that is what we were told.

FYI. Reports from this morning show that some folks were able to walk up to BOG and get return time tickets.

I just read somewhere else the standby line will be open from 10-10:30 and 2-2:30 only each day. Apparently someone asked a CM today at the park. I must say I am disappointed because when we booked I confirmed twice about getting the Fastpass reservation option was a perk on staying onsite. Trying to stay hopeful for our trip in December for my little guy's birthday.

I'm also digusted at the whole thing. We are only able to go every two years (and that's a stretch financially). Last time in Dec 2012 we were shut out of BOG. Then this time we haven't been able to get anything for our Nov trip either. Like someone said before -after spending well over $4K, I think we should at least be able to get a FP without worry. I've pretty much given up on a dinner reservation since there was nothing at all 180 days out, and we're going during a week that historically has had very low crowds. I hate how much time I've wasted checking several times daily to see what if anything is available. Not to mention I'm also doing this with the Anna and Elsa FP that we didn't get either. I feel like the magic is fading. I'm trying to not let it get to me, but I can't help it sometimes. I'm grateful that I was able to get a FP for Toy Story, but at this rate will likely be able to only ride it once while we're there. I know there's reasoning behind why all of this is happening, but it's just not making sense to me at all. :worried:

I emailed guest service this morning saying this, I included a link to this Disboards thread::

I would like to get a Fast Pass for lunch for 4 on November 1, 2014 at
Be Our Guest restaurant. The BOG lunch ressie website is not making any
November dates available for FP's and I understand one cannot get in to
eat without a FP - no stand by line either. So how do I get to eat at
BOG? Please take a look at the following DisBoards thread. Several
people and families are in the same predicament as me and my family.
Please help us out before time runs out. Thank you. Cyndi

Disney's response this afternoon (spoiler: says nothing new)
Dear Cyndi,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Be Our Guest Restaurant is currently testing a unique experience for our
Guests, where Guests have the ability to select an arrival window and
pre-order meals for their entire party before arrival. As an added
benefit of staying "where the magic lives", Walt Disney World Resorts
Guests are invited to participate in a test during the lunch seating
window at Be Our Guest Restaurant.

To participate in this test, you will need to log on to
BEOURGUESTLUNCH.DISNEY.GO.COM with your MyDisneyExperience username and
password. The Be Our Guest Lunch program requires a 12-digit reference
number, which can be found on your travel documents. If you require any
assistance in locating this number, please contact your travel
professional.

Please keep in mind that only one reservation may be claimed on any Be
Our Guest Lunch online account. If you are traveling with other family
or friends and wish to assist them in participating, please ensure they
have logged in with their own unique email address and password.

If you require any assistance with logging in or claiming your
reservation, please give the Internet Help Desk a call at 407-939-7765,
option 3.

Please note: this program has very limited availability. If you are
unable to locate a FastPass+ selection window for the Be Our Guest Lunch
Test, we are unable to provide additional opportunities to participate.
Additional information and assistance regarding this test can be
obtained at the MyMagic®+ Service Center at Magic Kingdom® Park.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sincerely,

Leilani Wagstaff
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

I email guest service this morning saying this, I included a link to this Disboards thread::

I would like to get a Fast Pass for lunch for 4 on November 1, 2014 at
Be Our Guest restaurant. The BOG lunch ressie website is not making any
November dates available for FP's and I understand one cannot get in to
eat without a FP - no stand by line either. So how do I get to eat at
BOG? Please take a look at the following DisBoards thread. Several
people and families are in the same predicament as me and my family.
Please help us out before time runs out. Thank you. Cyndi

Disney's response this afternoon (spoiler: says nothing new)
Dear Cyndi,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Be Our Guest Restaurant is currently testing a unique experience for our
Guests, where Guests have the ability to select an arrival window and
pre-order meals for their entire party before arrival. As an added
benefit of staying "where the magic lives", Walt Disney World Resorts
Guests are invited to participate in a test during the lunch seating
window at Be Our Guest Restaurant.

To participate in this test, you will need to log on to
BEOURGUESTLUNCH.DISNEY.GO.COM with your MyDisneyExperience username and
password. The Be Our Guest Lunch program requires a 12-digit reference
number, which can be found on your travel documents. If you require any
assistance in locating this number, please contact your travel
professional.

Please keep in mind that only one reservation may be claimed on any Be
Our Guest Lunch online account. If you are traveling with other family
or friends and wish to assist them in participating, please ensure they
have logged in with their own unique email address and password.

If you require any assistance with logging in or claiming your
reservation, please give the Internet Help Desk a call at 407-939-7765,
option 3.

Please note: this program has very limited availability. If you are
unable to locate a FastPass+ selection window for the Be Our Guest Lunch
Test, we are unable to provide additional opportunities to participate.
Additional information and assistance regarding this test can be
obtained at the MyMagic®+ Service Center at Magic Kingdom® Park.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sincerely,

Leilani Wagstaff

And once again, Disney responds with a totally inane, unhelpful, generic response. Looks like the person didn't even READ what you were saying!

I think I read somewhere that the Gallery was closed at dinner so that servers could use it as a staging area.

I took a break from the thread for a few days since I wanted to book Nov 1. Our trip runs Oct 28- Nov 2 and we planned Nov 1 to be the MK day months ago. So we can't change that....

And as I read through this no one seems to know anything more and Disney is not sharing anything more.

We are staying on site. Worst case is I can ask when we get down there and report back. That might be as good as it gets?!?

So is it fair to say there will be a lot of grumpy people in Magic Kingdom on Nov 1? While I will be disappointed, I am sure we will have a great time otherwise. At least we were able to secure CP before park entry. :)

I will keep checking back for updates....
Enjoy the weekend everyone!!

So is it fair to say there will be a lot of grumpy people in Magic Kingdom on Nov 1? While I will be disappointed, I am sure we will have a great time otherwise.

Grumpy would be me - lol, but my family (bless their hearts) all said the same about having a great time otherwise.. gotta love em!

And once again, Disney responds with a totally inane, unhelpful, generic response. Looks like the person didn't even READ what you were saying!

Has anybody tried calling the phone number provided? My window has not opened up yet or I would.

Follow up on my email to Guest Service from this morning.. There is a standby line though.. apparently..I thought that was deleted???

I wrote:

Thank you for your response but this did not address my
question/problem... I have done everything in this email several times.
I ONLY get a response of: "There are no FastPasses available. Please
select a different day."
As of right now NO ONE can/will be able to eat at Be Our Guest in
November. NO ONE can get a Fast Pass+ for this restaurant any time in
November. The dozens of people following this thread are having the
same problem as I am....Please check this out: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3310867&page=76
Cyndi

Disney responded: From: "Walt Disney World Guest Mail" <guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com>

Dear Cyndi,

Thank you for your continued correspondence!

As advised previously, the Be Our Guest Restaurant Test is a testing
process going on right now. It is separate from the official FastPass+
program within the Theme Parks, and is hosted by Be Our Guest Restaurant
directly. Since this is a test, there is no guarantee as to
availability, or the duration of the test; as with all test-and-adjust
periods, this program is always subject to change at any time without
warning.

We can certainly appreciate your desire to participate in our testing
process, but at this time, if you are unable to locate availability on
the Be Our Guest Restaurant Test website, there are no available
FastPass+ selections to be made. We do understand that Guests are unable
to locate availability in November; at this time, there are a very
limited number of slots to reserve. This does not, however, mean or
imply that Guests will be unable to enjoy the restaurant in the future
without participating in the testing process. As there has always been,
there is still a standby line available at Be Our Guest Restaurant
during lunch, and Guests are welcome to enjoy Quick-Service dining
during these hours.

In addition, Cyndi, while we certainly appreciate our Guests' passion
for online forums, we are unable to comment or confirm on the postings
within. We recommend reviewing the Walt Disney World® website and other
official Disney sources for official information on your vacation.
Please feel free to respond to this email with any questions or concerns
that you may have, and we will be happy to review and respond with as
much information as possible.

Sincerely,

Leilani Wagstaff

For what it's worth: I am definitely a Disney Fanatic with 30+ visits. I have eaten at BOG and was hoping to eat there again for dinner or lunch during my upcoming Nov visit. I refuse to allow my failure to get an ADR or FP+ define my enjoyment. A meal is one hour of my 240 hours I will be at WDW. Yes, I would love for my son to experience BOG but I also know that if he doesn't it won't diminish the Magic! Change is difficult. Growth is painful. Testing is frustrating. But I trust that WDW will be even more Magical as it continues to redefine itself.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter