Be Our Guest: Lunch? Dinner? Or Both?

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
I was lucky enough to score a dinner reservation for BOG.

For those who've been, should we do lunch as well as dinner, or is there not enough difference in the two to make it worth two visits?

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

We did both lunch and dinner on the same day. Very different menus and we enjoyed it. Since they currently don't use the Rose Garden room for dinner we chose that for lunch (you can sit anywhere, they will find you with the GPS) and we were assigned a table in the beautiful ballroom for dinner.

Lunch entrees were: turkey sandwich, steak sandwich, quiche & salad, the roast pork (more like a pot roast), and a veggie option that was quinoa salad based. There are also soups and salads for appetizers, and IIRC four cupcake choices for dessert.

Dinner entrees were: cornish game hen, salmon, shrimp & scallops in a puff pastry, steak, ratatouille, and a pork chop. More to choose from for appetizers and dessert cupcakes. The entrees come with selected sides (veggie, potato, etc.)

We had the steak sandwich and pork roast for lunch, and the shrimp & scallops in puff pastry and the thyme scented pork chop for dinner. Enough variety in the menus and the dining rooms that we didn't feel we were duplicating the experience.

We did both and will be doing both again in Feb. Enjoyed both meals!

I would do both lunch and dinner if I had the $$$ to do that. It would be a sure magical day especially dining in Beast's Castle! Anyone of any age I'm sure would love this idea!

Have a magical Vacation!

disn3ymomma212 said:
I would do both lunch and dinner if I had the $$$ to do that. It would be a sure magical day especially dining in Beast's Castle! Anyone of any age I'm sure would love this idea!

Have a magical Vacation!

We're on the dining plan, or we wouldn't even consider doing both.

I know we pay for the plan, but it somehow makes the food seem free. =)

I ate there for both lunch and dinner. I would suggest both. The lunch menu is very good! We had the braised pork, quiche, and the croque monsieur. We ate in the West Wing. The ballroom has a completely different atmosphere at night when the lights are turned down low. It really is magical.

We have a dinner reservation at BOG the first week of Feb and are paying OOP. We have a 5 year-old daugther. Did you notice that they did anything special for the kiddos?

I had lunch there. I had steak sandwich and French onion soup. It was awesome. If you go for lunch people start lining up at 9:30am for the 10:30 opening. Here is the video from my lunch experience:
http://youtu.be/b_79w_k_o-I

Has anyone gone for a late lunch (like 2:30)? Is it crowded then? We try to eat at 'off times' and it usually helps with the crowds, but I am guessing this place might always be crowded (but I really want to try it).

disney314 said:
Has anyone gone for a late lunch (like 2:30)? Is it crowded then? We try to eat at 'off times' and it usually helps with the crowds, but I am guessing this place might always be crowded (but I really want to try it).

I was wondering that, too.

What are the lunch times?

We had lunch there twice last month and loved it both times. The line can be very long for lunch but it does move at a steady pace. We waited about 30 min. both times. We will be having dinner there in march.

Ok trying to figure out something for our one day at WDW (port of call on cruise LOL)
Is lunch without ADR's and just have to stand in line or what?
For those that have done dinner- it mentions "don your finery" for "formal" dining... does that mean park attire is inappropriate for dinner there? Just wondering because we sure won't have time to go back to the port/ship and change. if we did that we might as well eat on the ship LOL

LMK

BibbidyBobbidyBoo said:
Ok trying to figure out something for our one day at WDW (port of call on cruise LOL)
Is lunch without ADR's and just have to stand in line or what?
For those that have done dinner- it mentions "don your finery" for "formal" dining... does that mean park attire is inappropriate for dinner there? Just wondering because we sure won't have time to go back to the port/ship and change. if we did that we might as well eat on the ship LOL

LMK

Yep. They don't make ADRs for lunch. You just have to line up, but it sounds like it moves fast. :)

Park attire is fine. We didn't change and didn't see anyone in 'finery'. ;)

OP here: Thanks for all the advice everyone!!!!

We're going to try & do both!!!
For some reason we never do many CSs in MK, so if the line is crazy long we'll probably skip lunch & just stick with our dinner ADR. We usually go to CHH a couple times per trip & have done PB once. So, I also want to try Cosmic Ray's.

Guess we'll just see how it goes... We don't really plan, just go with what's working that day. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter