Be Our Guest Gluten Free Experiences?

KristenFNJ

Mouseketeer
Hi and TIA! I searched and found a thread from early December, I was wondering if there have been any other gluten free experiences over the holidays for either lunch or dinner at BOG.

We just got our timeshare confirmation for May and I've made most of our ADRs, just wondering if we should try BOG for dinner, attempt to brave it at lunch, or skip it altogether! I have DH and DS1&2 (ages 11 &9) who are celiac, plus DS3 (3yo), and the older review mentioned the meats platter which sounds intriguing! I'm just wondering what the options are like for the younger set! And if the ordering process has smoothed out...

Thanks!!!!

Hi and TIA! I searched and found a thread from early December, I was wondering if there have been any other gluten free experiences over the holidays for either lunch or dinner at BOG.

We just got our timeshare confirmation for May and I've made most of our ADRs, just wondering if we should try BOG for dinner, attempt to brave it at lunch, or skip it altogether! I have DH and DS1&2 (ages 11 &9) who are celiac, plus DS3 (3yo), and the older review mentioned the meats platter which sounds intriguing! I'm just wondering what the options are like for the younger set! And if the ordering process has smoothed out...

Thanks!!!!

I didn't eat at Be Our Guest for lunch, but on our recent trip we ate there for dinner twice. My mom and I both have Celiac Disease and it was awesome!!! The chefs were really friendly and many things were naturally gluten-free.

They brought out gluten free bread to the table and they actually warmed the rolls before they gave them to us. We had the potato leek soup. For entrees everything besides the sauteed shrimp and scallops they can do gf. The fries are made in a dedicated fryer so they'd be safe.

For dessert, they have the gluten-free, sugar-free cream puff. They also have sorbet or fresh fruit. We avoid artificial sweeteners and there is only so much sorbet one person can have in a week. We got a cup of chocolate mousse and raspberries for dessert.

Overall we loved our meal and we'll definitely be back at Be Our Guest for dinner! I'm not sure how I feel about lunch and the whole ordering with a kiosk thing so I'd probably avoid that for now until everything gets ironed out.

We had lunch there, and it was fine. The whole kiosk bit made ordering GF much less of a hassle. No wait for management, you just picked gluten off the list of things you were avoiding and ordered what your choices were. Our impression was that it made us feel less like an inconvenience, or a problem to be solved.

The options for kids at lunch were not great. Mine's vegetarian, and found nothing other than french fries and chocolate milk that she wanted to eat. I think they could do the turkey sandwich, the pork and the fish. IMO, the pork would benefit from a little sauce, but was still one of the best options at MK.

Thanks so much for the quick replies!!! I think we may be leaning towards a dinner, that's if there are any ADR's left!

We had lunch there, and it was fine. The whole kiosk bit made ordering GF much less of a hassle. No wait for management, you just picked gluten off the list of things you were avoiding and ordered what your choices were. Our impression was that it made us feel less like an inconvenience, or a problem to be solved.

That's great! I was wondering how it would work ordering GF with the kiosk, but I'm glad to hear there's an option on there. Now I think we'll definitely be eating there for lunch, at least!

Anyone else have any experience with gluten free lunch for kids at bog? My daughter is 4 and is picky. Any chicken or pasta that is gluten free?

Anyone else have any experience with gluten free lunch for kids at bog? My daughter is 4 and is picky. Any chicken or pasta that is gluten free?

Curious as well! We never made it to BoG this past Feb and want to make an ADR for next feb, but DS is allergic to wheat and VERY picky!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would also love to know kids gluten free options for lunch. WE will be there the end of August.

Thanks!

I may just am being lazy and not doing enough research, but does anyone know if the "gray stuff" is GF??

We're going for my birthday in January and would love to taste it!
I've heard it's delicious ;)

I may just am being lazy and not doing enough research, but does anyone know if the "gray stuff" is GF??

We're going for my birthday in January and would love to taste it!
I've heard it's delicious ;)

We were just there last week and "the grey stuff" is definitely Not GF. The only GF dessert option is the lemon cream puff.

Thanks!!!!

In my experience, BOG dinner is one of the best for GF. I have multiple food allergies in addition to GF and I had many options and chef was willing to modify dishes for me for my other allergies. Can't help with kiddos but imagine if they are so good for adults, they will be great for the young ones. But, check out their menu online and you may get a better idea of menu options for the young ones.

Curious as well! We never made it to BoG this past Feb and want to make an ADR for next feb, but DS is allergic to wheat and VERY picky!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We went last April for both lunch and dinner. I know my DD had the turkey sandwich for lunch, but I honestly don't remember what she had for dinner. Maybe a chicken breast. She ate okay both times. She never had any reactions any times we were in Disney.

My DD is quite picky and she ate a LOT of chicken and broccoli.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter