Be Our Guest dinner was so very worth the effort

Glad to hear, we've had lunch there a couple of time and I didn't the family to complain that they were bored, sounds like a different experience. We got a reservation in June for September, so it's definitely possible within the 180 window.

Do you (or anyone else reading this) remember how long the whole process took? We have a 4:10 adr on our mnsshp day and I'm worried it will take up too much of our time.

We had a 4:55 ADR last December. I don't think we waited too long to be seated. We had a leisurely meal, met the beast, and were heading out of the park around 7 PM with the non-MVMCP throng.

We enjoyed the dinner very much. I had the puff pastry with seafood. I think DH had chicken?

I am sure many threads have talked about Be Our Guest and whether or not it was worth the difficulty of getting the reservation. I just thought I would share our experience.

When I made our ADRs (at 6am 180 days out), I was unable to secure a Be Our Guest dinner reservation for our entire group of 9. I watched and was able to get a lunch reservation for our group when those became available. Our lunch was incredible. We all kept saying that we could not believe we were getting this quality of meal for a QS credit. We had pre-ordered our food so we were able to go right in, found a table in the Rose Room and had all our food relatively quickly. It was a great experience and I would do it again.

But, Beast himself is not there for lunch and DS (2.5) is a huge Beast fan. So I watch the dinner ADRs to see if I could snag one for just DH, DS, and I. I was able to get one later in the evening than we usually eat. My plan was to just have dessert so that DS could meet Beast. When we got there, it was immediately clear that this experience was different than lunch. The grand entrance into the castle and brief tour of all the rooms by the host was a great touch. We were seated in the West Wing, which I may not do again with small children. Even for my huge Beauty and the Beast fan, the thunder and lightning were a bit frightening. We sat down and looked at the menu and quickly decided to just eat a whole dinner. The prices were surprisingly reasonable as the most expensive meal was less than the mediocre breakfast buffet at Chef Mickey's. We were also really excited about the exclusive wines, which were reasonably priced as well and included one of the best Chardonnays I have ever had. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was top notch. After dinner, we went to meet Beast, which made the trip for my DS. He spent a good amount of time with us since the line does not build too much as diners stagger out of the restaurant.

We returned to the resort and immediately told everyone else in our group that we just had to try to get everyone in for dinner next trip. It was truly magical.

Thank you so much for this review and information! We just hit 170 days out from a weekend trip we are taking in January, and because of your review I booked us a dinner at BOG! I went to BOG for lunch, and I loved the rooms but I was not as impressed because it was a QS dining experience. Friends told me that Dinner is "AMAZING" but didn't give me enough details to convince me to book a dinner there..... well your review definitely convinced me. I didn't even know that the Beast makes an appearance :sulley:... so, I'm really looking forward to this dining experience. DH & I don't usually splurge on Table Service dinners (we usually just do late-late-late TS lunches), but this looked like a dining experience we couldn't pass up. Thanks, and looking forward to trying the grey stuff, it looks delicious! ;)

Made a reservation for dinner in a few weeks (9/7). Almost thought I wasn't going to get one. Very hard to wait. Glad you had a good time!

For those who have asked, my husband had the shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry and it was amazing. I had some sort of chicken (can't remember what it was called, something french). It was also very good. I think our dinner took about an hour. That was with a toddler who does not want to sit and chat after he is finished with his food. Like I said, overall, it was just great!

For those who have asked, my husband had the shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry and it was amazing. I had some sort of chicken (can't remember what it was called, something french). It was also very good. I think our dinner took about an hour. That was with a toddler who does not want to sit and chat after he is finished with his food. Like I said, overall, it was just great!

The shrimp and scallops sounded really interesting to me, I'm glad it was delicious!!! I know what I'll be ordering...in 170 days LOL :earboy2:

I know people are asking.."isn't that too much BOG in one trip?", and which I will respond, "there is never too much BOG for my family" :rotfl:.

Glad my friend and I aren't the only ones who believe there can never be enough BOG! Currently have plans to eat there several times during our upcoming trip. It really is a wonderful experience. We've found it's not just a meal, it is truly an experience.

I am sure many threads have talked about Be Our Guest and whether or not it was worth the difficulty of getting the reservation. I just thought I would share our experience.

We returned to the resort and immediately told everyone else in our group that we just had to try to get everyone in for dinner next trip. It was truly magical.

Thrilled you all had such a good time!

The shrimp and scallops in the puff pastry dish is my absolute favorite dish there (and one of my top 5 dishes in all of WDW), I am afraid to try anything else because I would miss it too much. I dream about that dish :cloud9:.

Like to hear the good reviews! We have a dinner ADR coming up in November. My daughter is looking forward to meeting The Beast.

Is there a photographer there? Or is it just take your own?

At dinner, yes, there is a photographer there! If you have your own camera or cell phone and ask them to take a picture using it, they will do so (which is a great way to get your own picture!

BOG is one of my fave restaurants....my family is going in November and I was able to get breakfast and dinner reservations there for the family (family has never eating there).

I am obviously in the minority but I thought with the exception of the french onion soup that the food was disgusting and overpriced , the atmosphere was great now if they could fix the food issue it would be great . I had four in my party and we all vowed never to return you are paying for the hype ..

So glad you had a great meal there! I can't wait for my first visit there in a couple weeks!

So glad you and your family, and especially your son, enjoyed the Beast's Castle! Yes, I agree...the food is delicious.

No, it was another poster above who said this:

Last year, my family had a 5:30 pm ADR for BOG on a MNSSHP night. We didn't leave the restaurant until around 7:45 pm. We had to wait around 20 minutes outside the restaurant for our table. Since we had the dining plan, we asked for our check right after ordering so that we could get to the party as soon as possible. My husband and son ended up skipping dessert to get to the party, while my daughter and I stayed to eat dessert and meet the Beast. They didn't let us meet the Beast until we finished our meal and my daughter really wanted to meet the Beast. While it was neat to have Halloween-specific desserts, we decided that a non-MNSSHP BOG dinner reservation would be better for us next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter