Be Our Guest-- Character Dining?

ashleypmo

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard whether Be Our Guest will have character dining? Wouldn't it be cool if it did? I would think there would at least be a rumor circulating if that were the case, though.

On the one hand, I hope it is, because it would just be cool. On the other hand, character dining = $$$, and since my children would grieve mightily if they had to choose between CRT and BOG, maybe budget-wise it would be better if it weren't.

Currently, Disney has not commented on it. That being said, the plan is that Be Our Guest Restaurant will operate as a quick-serivce location during the day for lunch, and as a table-serivce location in the evening for dinner. That being said, Disney doesn't do quick-serive character dining so the only option would be a character dinner.

In my opinion, it isn't likely for if they chose to make Be Our Guest character dining, they would have been touting it for a while by now. It doesn't seem very likely, but what do I know?:lmao:

We'll just have to wait and see.

I don't see it having characters though, maybe if it's just Belle? But I don't see other characters fitting with the theme of the restaurant.

I really hope not! They already have 2 character dining venues inside MK. And one of them is already full of princesses!

isn't there going to be like a belle's cottage or something there also? so if Belle is there, then would guess she wouldn't also be at the restaurant as they wouldn't have her at 2 places at once so close together?

I'm just curious to know what the menu is going to be like!

I sincerely hope not! I think Be Our Guest will be special enough without characters! But who knows?

I thought I read a while back that it's going to have the animatronic characters like Remy at Chefs de France?????

I thought I read a while back that it's going to have the animatronic characters like Remy at Chefs de France?????

Though there has been no official word from disney, the unofficial buzz is that you are correct. The general consensus at this point is that there will be an animatronic Lumiere (the candlestick) that tours around the restaurant like Remy at Chefs.

Since the princesses are already at CRT and Akershus, it doesn't make much sense to have them at BOG too. There may be a meet w/Belle at the begining where they take your picture for a photo package, but I don't think there will be anything more than that character wise.

And I really like the idea of keeping this character free. I was really disappointed that they turned dinner at CRT into a meet and greet because the Fairy Godmother and mice at dinner was a cute show that added a little something special, without detracting from the quiet atmosphere.

Hopefully we will get official word from disney about this soon.

isn't there going to be like a belle's cottage or something there also? so if Belle is there, then would guess she wouldn't also be at the restaurant as they wouldn't have her at 2 places at once so close together?

I'm just curious to know what the menu is going to be like!

AH-- that's right! I forgot about Belle's cottage. So true.

Though there has been no official word from disney, the unofficial buzz is that you are correct. The general consensus at this point is that there will be an animatronic Lumiere (the candlestick) that tours around the restaurant like Remy at Chefs.

And animatronic would be cool. That makes much more sense. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter