Be our guest booked 180 days out.

Oathkeeper13

Mouseketeer
Like the Disney Nerd I am, I stayed up till midnight in the hopes of booking my meals as early as possible. Midnight rolls around and I find that the website won't recognize the date I wanted. No problem I think, Perhaps it is all set to a different time zone. I wait till 2:30 in the morning, try again only to find that the web site is down. It's annoying, but alright. I sleep till 8:30 in the morning and find that the website is still giving me problems, so I call for dining reservations. Only to find that the restaurant is booked solid. You would think that 180 days out you should be able to get any reservation you want, apparently not. The best I was able to do was get the next day splitting my group of nine into three separate parties and get them all in the restaurant at around the same time.

This is just crazy. Has anyone else faced problems like this with booking in advance.

Yes, That's how it was for our last trip as well. But we kept looking back and were able to get a reservation a few months before the trip. Good Luck!

Yep, it has been like that for BOG since it opened. BOG is the newest and hottest ticket right now, and is always booked up. The only advice is to keep checking.

For the future, on your 180 day, ADRs are available at 6am eastern time online, 7am on the phone.

Online booking starts at 6AM so I think you were online too early to get anything. Phone res opens at 7AM so 8.30 was a bit late. But I think what the problem really was is booking a party larger than 8. I got online at 6AM at 184 days out since we are staying onsite, trying to book a party of 13 for my DD's birthday. It said nothing available. So I kept trying smaller numbers and could book 7. Then I tried to book a party of 6 but it would not let me since I already has a reservation. So I called at 7AM and he could not book 13 either, but he could book me a party of 6 at the same time and I used a different room confirmation number so they won't drop me for doublebooking.

BOG is the most popular restaurant currently so it books up almost immediately. Many have reported that for the 180 + 10 they were only able to find openings towards the end of their trip so the fact that you were able to book 3 separate reservations for the second day is actually great! :)

One thing to remember is if you stay in a disney hotel you get I think it was 187 days in advance, they given on property guest extra days, I found this out the first time but managed to get in at lunch time only then on the last visit in October 2013 I manged to get dinner reservations without any problems, guess this is the extra bit you get for staying in a disney hotel.

I'm glad I saw this post. I tried 2 years ago to make BOG reservations unsuccessfully but I chalked it up to the fact that the place had just opened. I have been toying around looking at the online reservations for our next trip later this year. It looks like we may be unsuccessful again. We will have a big party, as well, so I don't hold out much hope for getting a reservation. I guess we may have to make another choice.

We got to eat there last year. I booked 180 days before. And got it. It was awesome. Now we are planning another trip and we did not know we were going at that 180 day mark and now it's all booked! I am praying I can get a spot. It's 121 days before we go today. Does anyone know when a good time to check back is or is it just check every day via online or call?

Its weird- i was able to easily get a dinner reservation for early june even though i didnt book right at the 180 day mark

Keep trying everyone! Our trip is in May, and when we were 180 out we were only able to get 1 badly timed reservation during our 8 days there. Then about a month later (so 5 months out) they must have released a TON of new reservations for it, because all of a sudden every great time and party amount was available for the whole month of May! So they may be doing the same. Same thing happened for February dates--all of a sudden people going in February noticed in December that a ton of BOG times had opened up. So keep checking! :)

Keep checking back every once in a while. things tend to open up. Especially around the 45 day mark when people have to either pay up or cancel the reservations. Also 24 hours before you might want to check back.

You have given me hope. Last minute trip planned and we are only 66 days out. I will keep checking every day especially around the day mark. Maybe we will get lucky. Praying to the ADR gods. :worship:

My fingers are crossed that I can get it tomorrow when my 180 day mark rolls around. Since I leave for work at 7 (after getting the kids up and rolling from 6:30) my travel agent will call it all in.

One little thing that has helped in the past: the tougher the ADR is to get, the later in the vacation I put it. I figure that fewer people have had access to that date.

And you know what?? If you don't get it, you have a fabulous dinner somewhere else and put it onto your bucket list.

My experience with BOG is that there was limited availability at 6 am 180 + 10 days out. But, about a month prior, they released TONS of reservations. Very obvious they have been holding back more than half. Keep checking, especially within 6 weeks of your trip.

OMG !!!! Someone must have cancelled the ADR for BOG on April 9th. I just finished checking all week for any openings, None. :mad:

Just sat my DH down to look thru the dining options and we pulled up our 2nd day and when he was scrolling down low and behold there was on dinner slot for 8:00pm open. I squealed like a child and pushed him aside and snatched up that slot as fast as a pixie's wink. Got it. :dance3:

Our travel agent phoned them in on our 180 day mark yesterday.

We got BOG on day 5 of our weeklong trip, as we had hoped. The latest we could get (within reason) for dinner was 4:45, but that will do very nicely.

My advice is to keep trying. On my 180 days there were only a few days with 4:00 reservations available. But after checking a week later, several more reservations opened up for more decent dinner times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter