Be Our Guest and Garden Grill Breakfast and extra rides?

disneylover102

DIS Veteran
I apologize if any of these questions have already been answered on other threads, but I haven't quite been able to find the answer to these questions:

1. If you get a breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest at 8 AM on a 9 AM park opening day, do you actually get to go on the Mine Train before everybody else can or just line up and have a good advantage over everybody else to do the first ride of the day? How would I get on the Mine Train early with a breakfast reservation and then still be able to be one of the first to Space Mountain? (Can you get into tomorrowland from the Mine Train by going past Mine Train, past the teacups, and through the tomorrowland entrance or is that area blocked off? Would that be a disadvantage over other park guests wanting to do Space Mountain first?) In other words, could I do Mine Train before the park opens and also do Space Mountain and be the first person (I'm fairly good at being the first on Space Mountain, but if I could also get an extra ride on 7DMT...)?

2. If you get a breakfast reservation for Garden Grill at Epcot at 8 AM, do they let you go on Soarin' before the park opens or do you just get to line up for it before the park opens? Does this vary by the day or crowd level?

3. I know sometimes you can get on the Kilimanjaro Safaris early if you have a breakfast reservation at the Tusker House, but obviously Pandora is what you should be doing first thing. Can you get an advantage in rope drop for Pandora by having a reservation at the Tusker House early or does it just put you at a huge disadvantage?

I can’t answer many of your questions because we haven’t done too many PPOs in the past.

This might be helpful if you haven’t heard - it appears that BoG stopped offering PPO ADRs starting sometime in May 2018. No one has been able to book them past mid May. No confirmation if that’s permanent or temporary.

1. Guests with a PPO at BoG (which, as noted, appears to be going away in May) can line up for 7DMT before park opening. The line begins at the walkway close to the FP entrance for 7DMT and goes back along the fence surrounding 7DMT. The walkway is roped off until park opening (so to answer another question - that pathway to Tomorrowland is blocked). Occasionally they may let the PPO line in to 7DMT a bit early (but this is not likely on an EMM day) - but even if not, you can still get a ride or three on 7DMT before the guests held at the hub arrive. I don't know anyone who's tried to hit 7DMT as part of a PPO and then head to Space Mtn - but I'm guessing that it's not much of an advantage - after getting off 7DMT you'd be racing the hub guests coming across the bridge to TL - you might have a short wait, but first person? Probably not - unless they let you in 7DMT more than 5 min before park opening (and then I couldn't say whether you'd be able to get back into TL that early).

2. I can't speak to this from personal experience, but it's rare to get out of GG in less than 35-40 min. I have a vague recollection that they may start Soarin early sometimes, but since it's a high capacity ride (with over 100 guests on each run in each theater), I'd expect they hold folks until they have it full. At RD a couple of weeks ago, they let us through the queue - where we waited 10 minutes until they had enough people to fill the theater.

3. No advantage to an AK PPO for Pandora. It's a disadvantage. Hit RD and go directly to Pandora. They open up Pandora early and the rides there are operating before park opening. You'll be far back in line if you've had a PPO first.

1) We were able to ride 7DMT three times before the crowds got there after a PPO at BoG. Can't say anything about Space Mountain, we didn't head there after. We hit Fantasyland rides with little to no waits.
2) We ate at GG at 8am on a 9am park open day. We were out by 8:40 and were let on Soarin' around 8:50. We didn't have to wait for the theater to fill, but I don't know if that's the norm or not.

We just did GG in early December on a 9 AM opening day. We were seated at 8:00 AM, ordered our coffee, and asked for the bill to be brought with our breakfast. Our food and beverages were out in less than 5 minutes. We saw all the characters twice, and we were out of there before 8:30. We were allowed on Soarin, along with another family by about 8:45. We only rode once, but the other family stayed on for a second ride...we were exiting Soarin at least 5 minutes before the first park-goers made it back to entrance.

2) We ate at GG at 8am on a 9am park open day. We were out by 8:40 and were let on Soarin' around 8:50. We didn't have to wait for the theater to fill, but I don't know if that's the norm or not.

We just did GG in early December on a 9 AM opening day. We were seated at 8:00 AM, ordered our coffee, and asked for the bill to be brought with our breakfast. Our food and beverages were out in less than 5 minutes. We saw all the characters twice, and we were out of there before 8:30. We were allowed on Soarin, along with another family by about 8:45. We only rode once, but the other family stayed on for a second ride...we were exiting Soarin at least 5 minutes before the first park-goers made it back to entrance.

Did either of you head to Test Track after Soarin? I’m wondering if we could do an 8am GG, then Soarin, & then TT before the line got crazy long? I want to save our FP+ for FEA...
(Sorry to hijack OP!)

Did either of you head to Test Track after Soarin? I’m wondering if we could do an 8am GG, then Soarin, & then TT before the line got crazy long? I want to save our FP+ for FEA...
(Sorry to hijack OP!)
I don't know if you'd be able to do this or not (if you have children under 7 in your group) but TT does have a single rider line. One of the times we went, we did EMH in the morning and did Soarin' about 4 times and then throughout the day we did the TT single rider line and I don't think we ever waited more than maybe 15 or 20 minutes and we were able to do it about 3 times in the single rider line that day (we could have done more but we weren't there all day).

A little expert on PPO since we are up very early every morning. At MK BOG and Cinderella are all allowed over to 7DMT. And PP, they open early, you can usually get two rides in. I am not sure crystal palace is allowed, we will try it in a few weeks and let you know, but I doubt it since they will stop you in the hub. They do open early.

When we get off 7DMT we usually head to PP and get that in before park open, then be first in line for Enchanted story with belle. Since all three of those rides have the longest lines during the day in that area, we then usually head to HM, SplM and BTMRR and we get all this in by 10:15.

We usually get a FP for Space since you have no advantage actually you have a disadvantage going to space from7DMT.

At Epcot, GG will help you get on souring, but you can not cross back to TT until park open so you won’t have an advantage. They do open it early most days.

You can try Arkushus, for TT, before FEA we did TT from arkushus, and got there right as others were. I have not noticed that they open early and if you are not fast, you miss the begin8ng of the line and it is very hard to get into the line as they are all coming from a different direction, so we always try FEA first, then maybe mission and miss the first huge amount on TT, and the we try single rider lane early when there is very little wait.

At tucker house we do the safari, don’t try FOP it won’t work. Do safari then Everest and raft and then go back to FOP.

At hooliwood and vine you are unable to get into anything fast, so it is a waste of PPO for most people. When you leave you have to go back out and get into the crowd to get anywhere, I think that is the same as crystal palace, but we have not eaten there in many many years, will try in two weeks now that we have a little one again.

We have a 6 year old and a one year old we have reservations at GG for 8 am, Would my husband be able to ride Soarin 2 times and get a rider switch pass both times and I can use them later? Then do the same thing at TT.

If you get a rider switch pass when u use it later can you ask for a rider switch pass then also. Never done the rider switch pass is it just a past pass or does it actually say rider switch on it?

If you get a rider switch pass when u use it later can you ask for a rider switch pass then also. Never done the rider switch pass is it just a past pass or does it actually say rider switch on it?

Get a rider switch pass again while using a rider switch pass? I can't imagine that would be allowed, otherwise you could just keep re-upping and churning that over all day long.

I admit I am intrigued at getting access to some rides early, but I wonder if that will work in our situation. Both mornings we have MK PPO ADRs, the park opens at 9am. We have CP at 8:05am (Tues) and BoG at 8:35am (Thurs). On one of those mornings we wanted to try and hit the opening ceremony, but I assume that with the PPO ADRs, that won't be possible. Thinking of cancelling one to do so, just not sure which one....

You are handed a FP paper that says “rider switch pass” on it. It works like a paper FP. No, you can’t double dip. If you want to ride again, one of you will need to wait in line again and get a new rider switch pass.

1. Guests with a PPO at BoG (which, as noted, appears to be going away in May) can line up for 7DMT before park opening. The line begins at the walkway close to the FP entrance for 7DMT and goes back along the fence surrounding 7DMT. The walkway is roped off until park opening (so to answer another question - that pathway to Tomorrowland is blocked). Occasionally they may let the PPO line in to 7DMT a bit early (but this is not likely on an EMM day) - but even if not, you can still get a ride or three on 7DMT before the guests held at the hub arrive. I don't know anyone who's tried to hit 7DMT as part of a PPO and then head to Space Mtn - but I'm guessing that it's not much of an advantage - after getting off 7DMT you'd be racing the hub guests coming across the bridge to TL - you might have a short wait, but first person? Probably not - unless they let you in 7DMT more than 5 min before park opening (and then I couldn't say whether you'd be able to get back into TL that early).

2. I can't speak to this from personal experience, but it's rare to get out of GG in less than 35-40 min. I have a vague recollection that they may start Soarin early sometimes, but since it's a high capacity ride (with over 100 guests on each run in each theater), I'd expect they hold folks until they have it full. At RD a couple of weeks ago, they let us through the queue - where we waited 10 minutes until they had enough people to fill the theater.

3. No advantage to an AK PPO for Pandora. It's a disadvantage. Hit RD and go directly to Pandora. They open up Pandora early and the rides there are operating before park opening. You'll be far back in line if you've had a PPO first.
So, if I got a PPO for BoG (if they ever continue it), what would be the best way to get to Tomorrowland (assuming I did try to do 7DMT before park opening and then do Space Mtn at park opening)? Would it be better to wait for the park to open and then use the walkways from 7DMT to TL (Past the teacups, past the speedway, etc- would that walkway open up right at the same the guests at the hub are allowed into tomorrowland?) or would it be better to try to go back onto Main Street (if there was enough time) and try to join the crowds by the bridge to TL?

So, if I got a PPO for BoG (if they ever continue it), what would be the best way to get to Tomorrowland (assuming I did try to do 7DMT before park opening and then do Space Mtn at park opening)? Would it be better to wait for the park to open and then use the walkways from 7DMT to TL (Past the teacups, past the speedway, etc- would that walkway open up right at the same the guests at the hub are allowed into tomorrowland?) or would it be better to try to go back onto Main Street (if there was enough time) and try to join the crowds by the bridge to TL?
It's all a matter of timing and how early you can get onto 7DMT, but I'd think that the walkway to TL past the Teacups and Speedway will be the best bet no matter what. Going back into the hub doesn't seem like a viable option (unless they let you on 7DMT very early). What I don't know is how easily you can get back to TL via the walkway IF they let you on 7DMT before the park opening. If you're let onto 7DMT at the same time that they release the Hub, you'll be riding before the Hub crowd arrives - BUT the same crowd will already be headed toward Space Mountain and you'll be behind them. If you're let onto 7DMT early? Get off and try the walkway afterwards.

FWIW - there's a specific path the CMs require you to follow when going to a PPO (along with a map they give you) - which takes you up the pathway to the right of the Castle. Guests can loiter around the area behind the Castle and carousel, but ropes are set up before the queues for PP and 7DMT - so it's not really possible to explore the rest of the park outside part of FL. That's what's giving me pause about getting to TL before the official opening (even if you're let onto 7DMT).

I admit I am intrigued at getting access to some rides early, but I wonder if that will work in our situation. Both mornings we have MK PPO ADRs, the park opens at 9am. We have CP at 8:05am (Tues) and BoG at 8:35am (Thurs). On one of those mornings we wanted to try and hit the opening ceremony, but I assume that with the PPO ADRs, that won't be possible. Thinking of cancelling one to do so, just not sure which one....

Your CP PPO will not help you with rides as you will be out in front of the ropes. So that would be a good morning to watch the ceremony that happens about 5 minutes prior on the castle stage. The main hub is the holding area before rope drop so you will be with the regular opening crowds there.

As much as I love Space, I would not go there after BOG. It just doesn't make sense, as many people will be heading there first. Head to 7DMT, PP, Big Thunder, Splash, Haunted Mansion. Those are going to take longer to build a line since they are farther away. Going to space puts you right behind everyone else, rather than in front of them. To each his own, of course!

Your CP PPO will not help you with rides as you will be out in front of the ropes. So that would be a good morning to watch the ceremony that happens about 5 minutes prior on the castle stage. The main hub is the holding area before rope drop so you will be with the regular opening crowds there.

Thanks Tink. CP won't give us enough time to eat and make it to the opening ceremony anyway (50 minutes seems tight), so we'll just have to figure something else out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter