• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest ADR Strategy?

mjallemand

Est. 1985
Back on our 180-day the first dining reservation I tried to score was Be Our Guest for lunch on 11/15. I was up at 5am and onto the service the moment it went live. My sister tried similarly for dinner on the same day.

However, either due to the reservation system having issues or reservations being straight-up booked for that day, neither of us were able to get BOG reservations whatsoever.

It's a little over five months until our trip, so I'm not quite panicking yet, (Not that I will, for that matter, though my sister might, with B&tB being her favorite Disney film and all.) but I'm wondering how should I approach this from here on out.

Should I check in at 9AM every morning? Once a week? Twice a week? Is there a general strategy for trying to get ADRs or is it just a luck of the draw sort of thing?

are you checking the November cancellation threads? I think that may be one of your best bets. Also, you could stalk through out the day. I wouldn't say a set time because they go back into the system pretty instantly once they're cancelled.

The only strategy is to check as often as you can. Lately, I have been having great luck between 11pm and 1am est. on the weekdays. That's not always the case, though. Good luck! Persistence really pays off.

If it is that important to your party, I would suggest spending the $8 on Disneydiningbuddy, which is a service that alerts you via text if a reservation in your time slot comes up. That's how I got our reservations for 7 in September.

Last time we went I seemed to have the most luck mid afternoon. Hang in there!! November is super nuts this year it sounds like. I didn't have any trouble with BoG for first week of December. Wish I could share one with you.

Haha I guess the service isn't disboards approved. Crazy. I feel like a criminal now for suggesting it. lol.

I got a BOG dinner reservation after trying for 2 days. I checked honestly 30 plus times a day and last Saturday night, one opened up and I grabbed it.

Just keep checking often via online or calling. I was up with DH and started as soon as my window open and was only able to get a dinner for the night I was leaving. We wanted a dinner for a night we are going to MNSSHP, so I checked at various time throughout the day. Just as I was about to pay the money for one of the reservation sniper sights I tried on my own and got a 530 reservation for 4 on our party nights. I would just keep trying and definitely watch the cancel list on here. Good luck!

Haha I guess the service isn't disboards approved. Crazy. I feel like a criminal now for suggesting it. lol.

I used the same company (which will have to remain nameless I guess lol)! Definitely worth the $8

Back on our 180-day the first dining reservation I tried to score was Be Our Guest for lunch on 11/15. I was up at 5am and onto the service the moment it went live. My sister tried similarly for dinner on the same day.

However, either due to the reservation system having issues or reservations being straight-up booked for that day, neither of us were able to get BOG reservations whatsoever.

It's a little over five months until our trip, so I'm not quite panicking yet, (Not that I will, for that matter, though my sister might, with B&tB being her favorite Disney film and all.) but I'm wondering how should I approach this from here on out.

Should I check in at 9AM every morning? Once a week? Twice a week? Is there a general strategy for trying to get ADRs or is it just a luck of the draw sort of thing?

I'm in the same boat. At the 180 day mark neither myself nor BC IPO were able to get a lunch reservation for 2 at BOG on 11/15. I'm really not too worried about it. I feel pretty confident that something will eventually pop up. Plus I'm in the camp that believes tables are being held back. Out of curiosity I checked some random days next week and found lunch openings at BOG for Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. To me that's encouraging. Just keep checking and I'm sure eventually you'll be successful at finding an opening. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter