• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Be Our Guest ADR 9:20 pm?

tater1206

Mouseketeer
Finally snagged an ADR for 9:20 pm for our upcoming trip in June. We tried so hard on last years trip to book one but no luck. We are excited but I am wondering is 9:20 pm too late?

Finally snagged an ADR for 9:20 pm for our upcoming trip in June. We tried so hard on last years trip to book one but no luck. We are excited but I am wondering is 9:20 pm too late?

You will miss Wishes..... unless you have a burning desire to meet the Beast.... I would go to Wishes and do BOG for the lunch.

I reserved one for 8:55 pm for our May visit. I really would have liked an earlier time, but no luck. We are going to be visiting MK twice on this trip. This will be on our second night. If I were only going one day at MK, I don't believe I would have kept a late ADR.

We have seen Wishes before and will be in the park more than one that week. We are not early risers so I am afraid that lunch would be too long of a wait. I am going to keep the ADR for now. I am going to keep checking and hope something earlier opens up. My 16 DD really wants to eat here. I just don't want to leave lunch to chance. :confused3

You know what's best for your family. We wouldn't think twice about a late dinner if it was a restaurant we really wanted to try.

Only you know what is best for y our family and whether or not it is too late. :confused3

We will be fine eating late but I am more concerned about the closing time of BoG which says 9:30 and the quality of food at that hour as well as the atmosphere with Beast and such?

We have eaten after 8.30 in BOG and the steak was overcooked. I don't think this has anything particularly to do with the time we ate, but generally we were not impressed overall. My teenage daughter also loves Beauty and the Beast. If your daughter loves it then go for it. You are there for the ambience, not the food. We got pictures with the Beast and they were great. It was worth a one time visit in the evening, but not a repeat trip for us. Have fun!:flower3:pixiedust:

I keep hearing mixed reviews on BoG. We will try it this year and hopefully all will be great! Fingers crossed. My DD who is 16 had to do the princess breakfast with Belle last year for her birthday! So I think keeping it will be a safe bet.
On another note, I just snagged ADR's for another night at 4:35 pm. Think I will cancel the later time and go with this one!

Maybe not so good with kids, but for adults who don't need to eat at a set time, it can be great.

I had a 9:20 last May, and I loved it. It wasn't crowded, leading to a quieter, more relaxed dinner. I asked for a table by the snowy windows, and got it -- that could happen any time, but I think it's more likely when the crowds are dwindling. After a relaxed dinner, there was plenty of time to check out the West Wing without disturbing any diners. My service was great, and there was no line for the Beast (though I don't know if there normally is a line).

I loved the late dinner so much that I'm a little bummed that this year our dinner is at 5:40, but it's a MNSSHP night, so not much to be done about that. Then again, I'm thrilled to get a reservation at all, so I'm not really complaining!

There's no way we would take that time. Way too late IMO. Just do lunch there. We did last year and although the wait kind of sucked, much better than eating dinner at almost bed time. But if it's something you NEED to do than...go for it! :thumbsup2

I had a 9:20 last May, and I loved it. It wasn't crowded, leading to a quieter, more relaxed dinner. I asked for a table by the snowy windows, and got it -- that could happen any time, but I think it's more likely when the crowds are dwindling. After a relaxed dinner, there was plenty of time to check out the West Wing without disturbing any diners. My service was great, and there was no line for the Beast (though I don't know if there normally is a line).

This is great to hear! I could only manage a 9:10pm on a MK day (already seeing Wishes earlier in the week). I do hope something earlier comes available, but if not, we are keeping the one we have. We LOVED dinner at BOG last trip and it is the only meal DD (14) has her hopes set for.

We had late ADR's last fall. It was great.

For some reason I am thinking that Wishes was at 9PM, because we were allowed to stand outside and watch from BOG. A lot of people were doing that.

Otherwise - just make sure you see Wishes earlier in the week.

Do you have kids? What time zone do you live in? We typically eat later coming from a more westerly time zone but after 9 is pushing it for my younger kids. That said, if you will be seeing Wishes another day and the time is acceptable, go for it.

We will be fine eating late but I am more concerned about the closing time of BoG which says 9:30 and the quality of food at that hour as well as the atmosphere with Beast and such?

We've had late dinner reservations at many DW restaurants and the food and service have been fine except for one place so I would not hesitate to book a late res at BOG.

I don't know what time the Beast retires for the evening, but there was a poster who said they announced in the dining rooms in advance that he would be leaving shortly so everyone could have a chance to meet him because normally the photo op is after you finish dining. Or ask your server or the CM who seats you.

I had a 9:20 last May as well on my son's 10th birthday and we had a wonderful meal. I was just there again last weekend and sat by the window and once again had a great time. It's a wonderful place and if you have a reservation I suggest you keep it and enjoy the experience. It's as well themed of a restaurant as you will see as a Disney fan and the food it excellent to me considering the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter