BDL - MCO Airfare Question

Wish Upon A Star

DIS Veteran
Oct 9 - Oct 13 - $241.50/rt non-stop on Song. Good or not good?
I was thinking of flying SWA, but I like to have a seating assignment.

I don't know if it'll get any cheaper than that being a Holiday weekend and all.

Our June trip with paid $212.50/rt non-stop. Was hoping to get a little better rate than that for the October trip.

Any advice? Wait and hope?

I'm stressing over the same issue's as you are. I like Delta for the seating and they have much better flight times for me as this is a short trip and I want to be there as long as possible. But right now my flights for December are $935 for 4 of us on SW because when they opened up flights the promo fare was not included in our flight down. But Delta is over $1200 right now and only has about a dozen seats sold!!! I'm too nervous about them changing what I've booked because the seats aren't sold. The sad thing is I even checked going out of NY which the price is not much better but they only have less than 2 dozen seats sold also.

Right now I'm holding out to see if Delta drops their price to try to sell some seats and also waiting to see if the promo fare opens up on SW. I might just have to spend less time in Disney so I'm not spending half a day traveling with 2 cranky kids and a cranky DH.

I would check to see if your flight is selling seats on Delta so you don't get disappointed with them changing your flight on you.

I got a rate of $171.50 flying out on Thanksgiving Day 11/27 into Tampa but flying home out of Orlando on 12/5.

This particular flight started at $181, went up to $241 then down to $221 for about 2 weeks and finally went down to $171.50 last Friday.

Good Luck
:jester:

This seems really hard to predict. About 5 weeks ago SWA announced their fares for our trip in early November and BDL to MCO was about $171. Song matched it for 1 day and then both airlines went up to $190. After a few days, Song went higher and higher. Then it dropped to $171 and then $190. For the past week our flight has been running around $270-$290, so I'm glad I booked at $190. However, I see that certain flights (especially ones with a stopover on Delta) are still $171, so I think that our flight just doesn't have reasonable seats left. The website still shows 60-70 empty seats, but I know from experience that isn't reliable. Some people don't have seats assigned. If you're travelling on a holiday weekend, the fare might not go down. Who the heck knows --- and I don't mean to sound flip about it. The Song fares really seem to jump around and BDL is at least $50 higher than flying out of NY or NJ, from what others post. There wasn't always that much difference before Song.

I've been checking my flights with Song for about a month now. When DH got his new job the end of June I started to look at prices. Well Song/Delta was almost $350 pp to fly 12/18(Thu) and returning on 12/23(Tue). Since then they have gone down to $308.50 about 2-3 weeks ago. But have not budged since SW extended their flights thru Jan on Thursday. The sad thing is they have barely any seats sold. I'm looking at direct flights too, the 7am flight and 6pm return which are normally popular. We flew these flights back in Dec 2001 and they were sold out. I bought my tickets way before 9/11 and paid just under $200pp.

Delta are you listening...we are not paying that much to fly with you!!!:mad:

It's totally ridiculous . . .

I used to book 330 days out . . .when flights first came out they used to be $178/pp non-stop.

Now when the prices come out they start out high and usually end up staying up there.

The flights I'm looking at are 10/9 @3:20pm and returning 10/13 @8:00 am. One day they are at $238.50 and then couple of hours later they are at $241.50.

Another thing I don't like is that now there are only 3 direct flights to MCO from BDL and the times are kinda stinky: 7:00am, 3:20pm or 7:35pm.

We used to fly at 10:20am or 1:50pm

Ugh . . . :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter