• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV vs. OKW 2 BR??

kichan

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide where to stay. Our home resort is BCV, but have heard that OKW 2BR's are much larger. What are the pluses and minuses of staying at OKW??

Due to the construction of the OKW pool slide, the main pool will be closed for quite a while, will your trip be before or after that?
The member website gave details. I think it was until late 2004.

I guess you know advantages of BCV.

I'll tell you what I like about OKW.

1. True feeling of a more exclusive home-away-from-home at WDW away from the usual crowds.

2. Parking at door -- like a real home.

3. Landscaping and space.

4. Larger condos.

5. Soon I will add "Cool slide."

6. Less points

You should probably try OKW at least once. I'm not sure I have a favorite DVC resort yet. They all have their advantages.

Disclaimer: OKW is my home resort.

and like BCV for the Holiday decorations, and for when I really want to stay all day at the pool. Also, use BCV for Food and Wine Festival.

I like OKW for that take me away feeling, and when I need space. Also, I like OKW better for when I have a car.

Goldi

Outside of the difference between pools, the main contrast between villas can be summed up by the realtor's mantra: Location, location, location.

OKW gives you better access to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island, and its distance from the parks leads to a more laid-back atmosphere.

BCV gives you better access to Epcot and MGM, and its proximity to the parks leads to a more energized atmosphere.

All I can add is bigger rooms at OKW! Bigger balcony at OKW! And of course parking at your door! But I have to admit that OKW is also my home resort!! We do have poiint at the BCV but have yet to stay there!

OKW pluses for 2BR
400 more square feet of room
Parking at ot near your door(if you have a car)
Porch/Patio of good size with a table and 4 chairs
Most views are very good, golf, water and canals.
Always 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR
Lock off or dedicated 2 BR depends on your needs.
Large kitchen, dining and living area.
Full size washer and dryer
More comfortable for 6 to 8 people
Beautiful grounds etc.

Minuses
Can't walk to Epcot, MGM
No pool on property compares to SAB
Not many restaurant choices compared to BCV unless you consider DD by boat or car.
No room service
Only 3 buildings with elevators

OKW
Much larger kitchen,dining and lr area in villa.
Very low key/ laid back atmosphere.
Very close to DTD.
Vast majority of buildings have parking lots in the front for self parking.
Located approx the same distance from and with the same lack of ease of access and convenience to major parks, dining options, nighttime park shows, etc as the moderate resorts.
Elevators in only 3 buildings, so if you are not on the ground floor walking up flights of steps is required to access your villa.
Limited resort guest amenities.
::MickeyMo

I personally love OKW!! The two bedroom villas are just huge! You have a dining ROOM with a table for 6 and a cradenza, a living room with two chairs and a large couch and enough room for another big couch, and a full laundry room. There is no comparison between OKW and BCV, in my opinion. That's why I decided to sell BCV and buy OKW.

Here's some irony for everyone:

* We were the ones that purchased Cruella's BCV contract

So where is our first reservation at this year? OKW!

Too funny.......

We are having a family outing (there will be 7 of us) in August and you can't beat the combo of the size of OKW's 2 BR as well as the points.

We will be staying at BCV in December, so we will see our home resort. Just thought it was funny our first trip home ever will be to OKW.

In a nutshell, BWV, BCV and VWL all have units similar to each other with the only difference being the decor.

All have apartment size W&D, apartment size kitchen with smaller refrigerator with no ice-maker. All are attached to a hotel with interior hallways In reality a 2-B/R is similar to taking 3-hotel rooms and connecting them. Basically the LR, MB/R and 2nd B/R are all the same size.

OKW is more like a traditional timeshare, or a traditional house arrangement. Outside entrances, Full W&D, full size kitchen, etc. as has already been mentioned. OKW is the one resort totally different from the other 3 resorts at WDW.

Ditto what others have said, but I'd add that OKW can be frustrating if you don't have a car.

Ditto what others have said, but I'd add that OKW can be frustrating if you don't have a car.
I found ease in using the bus stops at OKW. They have 5. Really, my walk from my BWV room to the bus stop was no shorter/longer than my walk to my OKW bus stop (or my walk from my VWL room to the boat dock to the MK for that matter)----unless the OP is referring to something else in terms of "frustrating" ? Maybe that there's no walking to any park ? :confused:

Pretty much most of the differences have been stated above. BCV will give you walking access to more dining options (Cape May Cafe, Flying Fish, Spoodles, Beaches and Cream etc) and of course walking to Epcot. OKW has one full-serve restaurant on site (Olivia's) and snack bar options. BCV's pool can't be beat though I'm anxiously awaiting the new feature OKW pool due later this year. Keep in mind that OKW's main pool will be closed for construction after the summer months and through December. Have a nice trip wherever you decide :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter