BCV Visit

CaptainMidnight

DIS Veteran
Just had a great visit at BCV. Spent the first night at the Dolphin from a great rate here on WDWINFO, thank you website. Room was wonderful, fabulous service. We had a dedicated two bedroom on the second floor facing the pool. Passing the Breezeway balcony and entrance overlook was fun on the way to our room. We were all the way on the end, which made a fast exit to the bus station or lobby from the second floor, and still a nice view overlooking the canal, lighted trees and pool area. Unfortunately, two room problems were the chair in the living room had the arms marked up by a child with a pen, and the bathroom door did not lock between the bathroom and bedroom. Otherwise room was fine, very clean, and in excellent condition. No water pressure problems, no cooling problems. It had one long nice balcony between all bedrooms and living room. The large table was great, 8 of us could enjoy a nice meal there. Always love the fresh flowers when entering the BC lobby and the floral/plant arrangements as well in the BCV lobby, and one on the 2nd floor see through area. Very helpful at the workout area, no question about free service for DVC members. SAB was lots of fun, playing in the sand pool was a highlight for our kids.

Did notice that the volley ball net had been removed from the beach club volley ball court, sand area was still there. Bus service was fine, there was a CM at the bus stop early in the morning to make sure it was working. SAB was crowded at times, but a ton of fun. Waitress was slow. Dunes pool was always a nice quiet retreat. Saw plenty of security on a regular basis which was great.

Weather was fickle, cold and raining at times. Parks could get very crowded. Pleasure Island was slow, Jelly Rolls very empty, maybe only 25 people in the place on a wednesday night. Still outstanding. Had a 60 minute wait for our food at Mama Melroses, and the manager wasn't much help.

Liberty Tree Tavern was fabulous. Beaches and Cream hard to get into with 7 people. ESPN was also great. The meal at WL was also great, and we enjoyed looking around the resort. I can see why WLV owners love thier resort. Staff at the workout room was very nice. The beach area seems like a nice amenity.

Gotta tell you that BCV is just an a outstanding resort for us, we really love it. The peacefullness and quietness of the resort is fabulous, and yet, it is directly next to the action when desired. We had fun along the beach, the beach swing is great, as is being within walking distance of ESPN and Jellyrolls. I really like the front beach area and boat pier looking across the lake at all the lights of the Boardwalk area.

A-h-h-h-h, you made me homesick, CaptainMidnight, and you mentioned one of my favorite spots -- the beach. We spent our last afternoon, there, dozing in the sun. Can't wait to go back . . . in only 187 days! :(

Pat

187 days and counting . . . again!

We just got back from the BCVS ourselves on Thursday night. We also had an outstanding time. It sure did get COLD and WINDY on Tuesday and Wednesday, didn't it?

pin

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like a great time. I love to read good things about one of my homes;)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!

Allison an associate

Hmmmm..... were you refering to the beach area at VWL or BCV ? Is there something new about either of those beach areas ?

glad you had a great time!

I miss our home!

I want me Beeee Ceeeee Veeeee!
I want my
I want my
I want my BCV.

I want my
I want my
I want my BCV.

Nice work with the 80's music on BCV!::yes::

Does anyone know....is the gator still hanging around the BCV canal?:bounce:

I just got back from our first trip "home"at the BCV, 8 days in a one bedroom.And the gator is still there. We only saw it on our last day.

Thanks for the nice report. Glad you had a great trip.

Just wondering what room number and was it 2 queens or bed/sofa?

Always nice to read to read reports about BCV. I only wish I were going back sooner. Next February is a LONNNNNG time to wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter