BCV Update - Whats going on right now.

corpcomp

The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D
I hate writing this because it means I have left WDW, which depresses me. However, for the benefit of all you lucky people getting to go there soon, here is a review of things going on at BCV as of 4/22. I've set it up in sections so you don't have to go crazy trying to read everything in one paragraph.

Room Location

Ended up in room 445 facing the wetlands (what the Front desk calls it – faces the back of the Beach Club). OK but no view of anything. Had requested 5th floor but was told checking in on a Tuesday gives you no chance to get 5th. Need to check in early on a weekend. Still, the room was fine, just wanted a higher view at least to look over BC. Facing south I could not see any Epcot fireworks that we saw last year from 457, which faced east (woods view) .

Room Condition

Excellent / clean condition other than the large scratches in the tables. New pull out couch. Excellent – much better that the others- thick mattress. No problems at all. My DS loved it compared to last year. Great job by housekeeping 9.5 out of 10 (.5 off due to really big scratches in the eating table):goodvibes

New beds – 9 inch Encore Plush (per the label) - not sure if it was a pillow top but very firm with a soft cushy top. Rank it a 9 out of 10 rating. Pillows were very hard almost rock like which accounts for not giving the bed a full 10. Just could not get comfortable with them. If you used them for a pillow fight they might draw blood.:scared1:

Cast Member help

Generally excellent and very friendly, although I did not see our favorite welcoming person at the front door, an elderly black man who I understand is a fixture at the BC. Tried to find out about the animal towel classes but no one knew, not the front desk or guest services or housekeeping. Finally found out after three days that a housekeeping person named Rosa does the classes generally on Wednesdays but we had already passed that day by the time I could find out. Rank it an 8.5 out of 10.:cool1:

SAB

Very warm - was told by one of the life guards it was kept between 82-85 but the lazy river part felt closer to 90. Pool seemed in poor condition due to all the ledge chips missing – they keep patching but the patches do not match. Looks rather in sad shape. Very hard to find an open chair. Love it but with the condition rank it a 6 out of 10. Really showing its age.

Beach Club (not the villas)

Roof still missing dozens and dozens of tiles all over. Was told they had planned to replace them two years ago but decided to let a few more hurricanes pass through before replacing. Currently replacing the siding on the main building and have a whole side of rooms closed off along the walkway behind the lobby. Covered in a large sheet the length of the building to the roof. :confused3

Landscaping

One interesting note was walking behind Beach Club from Epcot to get to BCV. Noticed that all along the beach club many walk lights were broken or hidden by overgrown vegetation. Once you got to BCV, the lights were much nicer and the landscaping was very well taken care of. Guess that maintenance fee helps. Night and day comparison. BCV Landscaping 10 out of 10.

Gelatto

1. Lemon - great- the best 10 out of 10.
2. Chocolate – really more like chocolate ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s with chocolate bits
3. Almond - Yuck is the only word I can think of.
4. Flavor of the day – Spiced Apple – not a winner - 0 out of 10
5. Malaga - Sounds like a South American disease but is actually rum raisin which tasted of strong rum
6. Raspberry – Still great

Flower Festival

Incredible –no words to describe the great job done in Epcot - 10+:cheer2:

Parks

Moderately crowded but much better than a week earlier which was the last week of Easter break – and we missed the NY NJ crowd. This week was primarily MA and CT and we met quite a few people from our own town. My 11year old DS saw two girls from his math class but he immediately turned his back to them to ensure he would not have to talk to them. Let’s see if he acts the same way in two years.

Special Surprise:banana:

Came off the Lands ride next to Soaring and was given a dream fastpass by the Dream Team – allowing me to get into every fastpass ride in Epcot instantly. Wow I like that one. Right place at the right time!

Now comes the next 51 weeks of waiting AAAGGGGHHHHH!:guilty:

Room Location

Ended up in room 445 facing the wetlands (what the Front desk calls it – faces the back of the Beach Club). OK but no view of anything. Had requested 5th floor but was told checking in on a Tuesday gives you no chance to get 5th. Need to check in early on a weekend. Still, the room was fine, just wanted a higher view at least to look over BC. Facing south I could not see any Epcot fireworks that we saw last year from 457, which faced east (woods view).

I checked in on a Tuesday in the first week of December and scored villa #552 :dance3:
It was a Tuesday...in the middle of low points season...I just must have had an extra sprinkling of pixie dust on me that morning :wizard:

Glad to hear you had a good time and I must say, you write a nice trip report!
Thank you :)

Great trip report! Loved how you broke it down into sections. We'll be back at BCV in less than 3 weeks! Yippee!!!!

Donna

Terry, I think we'll be arriving just before you. We arrive on Jun 1. How about you?

Terry, I think we'll be arriving just before you. We arrive on Jun 1. How about you?

Yup 2nd for us DD grads from middle school on the 1st and we are off on the 2nd. So she will technically be a Highschooler when we arrive.

I hope that art the greeter at the beach club is well. Does anyone know?

We are arriving at BCV on June 1 as well! I cannot wait to be back at my beloved DVC home!

Thanks for all the updates on what is happening at BCV.

Great trip report! Loved how you broke it down into sections. We'll be back at BCV in less than 3 weeks! Yippee!!!!

Donna

We'll be at BCV then too. Can't wait.

I too hope Art is OK.

Thanks for the great report, corpcomp!

Thanks for the report! Info on beds is very welcome.

Art the Greeter appeared to be just fine last Dec but I don't have further info.

Great report! How lucky you were to receive the Dream FastPass. That's awesome! Glad you had a great trip.

Quote:jcl
"I hope that Art the greeter at the beach club is well."

Has Art the Greeter been sick? I hope he's ok. We had the pleasure of meeting him on our trip last April. What a sweet man.

Thanks for the info! We'll be there in 39 days - can't wait!

We'll be checking in on Memorial Day, hopefully around 12 - 1 ish in the afternoon. Sis and her family will be checking in to BWV at the same time. I can't wait!!!

Special Surprise:banana:

Came off the Lands ride next to Soaring and was given a dream fastpass by the Dream Team – allowing me to get into every fastpass ride in Epcot instantly. Wow I like that one. Right place at the right time!

Now comes the next 51 weeks of waiting AAAGGGGHHHHH!:guilty:

We got dream Mickey Ears when we were coming off of the Land ride during our most recent trip to WDW this past January. I wonder if this is a "hot spot" for Dream prizes?:rolleyes:

I forgot to mention, we went on the monorail just to see the construction / destruction at the Contempory. Wow, there is nothing left of the north wing just a big flat field with a lot of what look like 24 inch storm pipes. Wonder what they are doing with the pipes???

Has Art the Greeter been sick? I hope he's ok. We had the pleasure of meeting him on our trip last April. What a sweet man.

Art was there during our stay (March10-17). I hope all is well with him also. Maybe he was on vacation?

Thanks for the gelato report-I'm a real gelato addict. We were there yesterday and I had DH take pictures of the gelato offerings. I can't believe that they've eliminated pistchio, yet they offer that yucky rum raisin flavor. ANd I noticed they've eliminated vanilla also. I used to love to mix vanilla with another flavor. Oh, I didn't see Art the greeter this past week the several times we were in BCV.

Just got back from a week at BCV, had a great time-stayed in studio 412-pool view, close to laundry(washers and dryers seem on their last legs:mad: ) and elevator,great location.
gotta disagree about the almond gelato though-loved it!

Will be staying at BCV from August 12-22nd. We will be staying in a one bedroom. For those who have stayed or own BCV, am I safe in saying the 5th floor is something I should request at check-in. I am so excited about this coming trip.

Smitty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter