BCV Trip Report - First Time DVC'er

pauld2

Earning My Ears
Stayed at BCV, my home resort, from March 13 through March 20. I had bought the DVC points sight unseen last year, so I was curious to find out what it was really like. My general first impressions, just looking at the resort were very good. The trip was made the first day when, after an all night drive from Toronto, I was checked in to room 254 (2 bedroom) at 10:45 in the morning. After reading these boards, was definitely not expecting the early check-in; was just looking to check in the bags and swim. Our room was very nice and spacious, although definitely looked lived in. Found the front desk staff pleasant, but not particularly helpful. I had problems setting up my high speed internet connection, but they were no help. I was also a bit dissapointed that there was no "what's on" sheet for the Beach Club for the week. I was aware that BCV was not as activity focussed as the other DCV resorts, but was not expecting zero.

Loved the area, my room location (overlooking the Dune's Cove pool), and being at Disney. Was never bored looking up from the pool and looking at the buildings. The easy access to Epcot was also a plus.

One question: Is there an "official" location for watching the Epcot fireworks from the roof at BCV? We made our way to the roof one night, but we were dodging rooftop equipment when we were up there.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!

Allison an associate

Originally posted by pauld2
One question: Is there an "official" location for watching the Epcot fireworks from the roof at BCV? We made our way to the roof one night, but we were dodging rooftop equipment when we were up there.

Wow! As far as I know the roof at the BCV is off-limit to guests. I haven't heard of them having an Illuminations viewing area up there and think you somehow got "lucky" and managed to get up there. I know the VWL keep their roof doors locked (we've been the Flag Family once and were able to go up there) and I just assumed the other resorts would have theirs locked as well.

Was there anyone else up there with you?

No one else was up there. We accessed the roof using the stairwell near the main elevator banks. The sign in the stairwell said roof access, and sure enough the door was open. I did not feel comfortable being up there, but I had already committed to seeing the fireworks from the roof. I thought the railings you can see from the ground were actual viewing platforms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter