• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV Stay

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
My F&G trip this year was April 30 to May 5th, and this BCV trip was marvelous, in so many ways.

ME was flawless. My plane landed around 1 and I was swimming at SAB by 2:15. My room was not ready, so I used the locker at the health club and enjoyed the wonderful weather. It was a bit breezy, so sitting after swimming wasn't an option, really, and so, I called the number and my room was ready by 3:15. My luggage appeared just as I was emerging from the shower, so that was very fast as well.

What a room! Studio 431, large balcony, very good condition, and on the bed was a huge towel figure, Mickey's ears with a bow! The extra towels are always welcomed in a studio stay. All the supplies were there, and all of them were correctly given again on towel and trash day, Saturday.

The Welcome Home Wednesday was much better attended than I had thought it would be. There were about 100 people. I didn't win any prizes, enjoyed the time, but don't need to do it again. Maybe if DH was with me. At this point I was solo. DH came Friday morning to Sunday afternoon.

BJ Thomas was performing on Wednesday, and I had arranged to meet Simba's Mom, and Dan Murphy from these boards at the concert. What a delightful way to spend the time! We enjoyed good laughs, pleasant conversation, and had a great time at BJ Thomas's concert. I stayed for his next one as well. Simba's Mom also met DH and me on Friday when we enjoyed Arlo Guthrie's third concert of the night. He was wonderful! Members of his family were there performing "City of New Orleans" and "This Land is Your Land" and it was very enjoyable.

On my way to see BJ Thomas, "helenabear's" DH noticed my Disboard pin, and introducted himself and their very cute DS, who was just full of smiles! Sorry not to have met helenabear!

SAB was never overly crowded IMO. It was wonderful! Except for the one night when I was late going swimming (the pool was opened 10 - 10) I was asked for an ID and received a bracelet. I did swim in the Tidal Pool on Monday, just a bit before heading home.

One first for us was eating at Beaches and Cream. We enjoyed the hamburgers as much as expected, but really enjoyed the onion rings. They made a great chocolate ice cream soda as well.

I was expecting friends on Sunday after DH left, and I went down to get them keys before they came. There was some small glitch, but eventually my friends got the keys and we enjoyed an afternoon swim and then the Searcher's concert! What great songs, they did. I know in USA, the Coasters made "Love Potion #9" popular, but the Searcher's version was terrific!

I do not think that the flowers and topiaries were as good as they have been, but all in all, it's a great Flower Show, and if you are so inclined, go see it! I went to a program in which we got to plant and keep a crepe myrtle.
I sent mine home with my Florida friends. It would grow in Cape May NJ, but it's going to be July before I get there.

Truly, my BCV room was in excellent shape and all in all I was thrilled to be using our very own BCV points! There were a few, not many love bugs.

If I can answer any questions, I would be happy to. However, this was a relaxing visit for us, we only did Epcot. DH and I did have Swedish Massages at the SSR Spa. Yes, it's a great place, but I didn't find out that there was an elevator I could have used until after the fact. I don't think the layout is the best in that regard. However, now I know.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Glad you had a great time. We were there three weeks ago and found everything in good condition. And we were happy to see the roof repairs and fresh paint. But SAB was very crowded for us.

We are so looking forward to going there mid june. Only downside was the last night they ran out of Rasberry Gelato - oh my heart aches.

Glad you had a great time. We were there three weeks ago and found everything in good condition. And we were happy to see the roof repairs and fresh paint. But SAB was very crowded for us.

We are so looking forward to going there mid june. Only downside was the last night they ran out of Rasberry Gelato - oh my heart aches.

I tried Chocolate Gelato this time, a first for me, and it didn't disappoint!

It wasn't easy finding chairs that weren't being held by something on Sunday, but we did, and they were lounges in the shade. Now, one of our group (of 3) stayed and read on his chair while DF and I went swimming. We dried off a bit and then we all left for no more than 20 minutes, we wanted to eat at the grill. When we came back, our used towels were gone, thankfully our things ( book, backpack of just things like sunscreen) were still there. No one was taking the chairs, but I wonder what that was all about!
Bobbi

Bobbi

My F&G trip this year was April 30 to May 5th, and this BCV trip was marvelous, in so many ways.

ME was flawless. My plane landed around 1 and I was swimming at SAB by 2:15. My room was not ready, so I used the locker at the health club and enjoyed the wonderful weather. It was a bit breezy, so sitting after swimming wasn't an option, really, and so, I called the number and my room was ready by 3:15. My luggage appeared just as I was emerging from the shower, so that was very fast as well.

What a room! Studio 431, large balcony, very good condition, and on the bed was a huge towel figure, Mickey's ears with a bow! The extra towels are always welcomed in a studio stay. All the supplies were there, and all of them were correctly given again on towel and trash day, Saturday.

The Welcome Home Wednesday was much better attended than I had thought it would be. There were about 100 people. I didn't win any prizes, enjoyed the time, but don't need to do it again. Maybe if DH was with me. At this point I was solo. DH came Friday morning to Sunday afternoon.

BJ Thomas was performing on Wednesday, and I had arranged to meet Simba's Mom, and Dan Murphy from these boards at the concert. What a delightful way to spend the time! We enjoyed good laughs, pleasant conversation, and had a great time at BJ Thomas's concert. I stayed for his next one as well. Simba's Mom also met DH and me on Friday when we enjoyed Arlo Guthrie's third concert of the night. He was wonderful! Members of his family were there performing "City of New Orleans" and "This Land is Your Land" and it was very enjoyable.

On my way to see BJ Thomas, "helenabear's" DH noticed my Disboard pin, and introducted himself and their very cute DS, who was just full of smiles! Sorry not to have met helenabear!

SAB was never overly crowded IMO. It was wonderful! Except for the one night when I was late going swimming (the pool was opened 10 - 10) I was asked for an ID and received a bracelet. I did swim in the Tidal Pool on Monday, just a bit before heading home.

One first for us was eating at Beaches and Cream. We enjoyed the hamburgers as much as expected, but really enjoyed the onion rings. They made a great chocolate ice cream soda as well.

I was expecting friends on Sunday after DH left, and I went down to get them keys before they came. There was some small glitch, but eventually my friends got the keys and we enjoyed an afternoon swim and then the Searcher's concert! What great songs, they did. I know in USA, the Coasters made "Love Potion #9" popular, but the Searcher's version was terrific!

I do not think that the flowers and topiaries were as good as they have been, but all in all, it's a great Flower Show, and if you are so inclined, go see it! I went to a program in which we got to plant and keep a crepe myrtle.
I sent mine home with my Florida friends. It would grow in Cape May NJ, but it's going to be July before I get there.

Truly, my BCV room was in excellent shape and all in all I was thrilled to be using our very own BCV points! There were a few, not many love bugs.

If I can answer any questions, I would be happy to. However, this was a relaxing visit for us, we only did Epcot. DH and I did have Swedish Massages at the SSR Spa. Yes, it's a great place, but I didn't find out that there was an elevator I could have used until after the fact. I don't think the layout is the best in that regard. However, now I know.

sounds like you had a great trip. Where are theese concerts held at? Are they held in Dec? Sounds like something I would like to do.

Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great trip...

A trip with just DH:love:
Kerri

sounds like you had a great trip. Where are theese concerts held at? Are they held in Dec? Sounds like something I would like to do.

December has the Candelight Processional, so no concerts. The concerts are only 30 minutes long, there are 3 each night. They are usually held during the Flower and Garden Show (Flower Power Concerts), there are some during the summer months and I think they are called Sounds of Summer, and then at Food and Wine, they have the Eat to the Beat Concerts. When I'm there, around June 20th, there will be a band playing Bee Gee Music...I'm looking forward to hearing that group.

The concerts are at the American Garden Theater, in front of the American Pavillion.

I tried Chocolate Gelato this time, a first for me, and it didn't disappoint!

It wasn't easy finding chairs that weren't being held by something on Sunday, but we did, and they were lounges in the shade. Now, one of our group (of 3) stayed and read on his chair while DF and I went swimming. We dried off a bit and then we all left for no more than 20 minutes, we wanted to eat at the grill. When we came back, our used towels were gone, thankfully our things ( book, backpack of just things like sunscreen) were still there. No one was taking the chairs, but I wonder what that was all about!
Bobbi

Bobbi

Must be someone with a towel fetish:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Disney does draw some interesting people including one girl in a two piece with a 15 line poem tatooed in script on her side. She must really like that poem a lot.

Something I just thought of, that I think is a negative.

Remember how you would get in your Welcome Home Packet, a "newspaper" with information about the specific resort? There was nothing. I "knew" about the yoga because of the Disboard, and there was a placard sign by the entrance to the beach the night before that mentioned the Yoga on one side and the "Campfire" and the "Movies on the Beach" on the other side.

I went to the check in counter and asked about the "newspaper" and was told they haven't had one for awhile. So, I asked how was one supposed to know what was going on in the resort? There is a "monthly" calendar that was supposed to be in the packet, but since I came in on April 30th, there wasn't one. By the end of the day, I did have the calendar that lists the activities at the resort. The activities repeat themselves every week for the month. For instance, on Saturday "Enchanted" would be the movie. On Fridays it is "mystery movie" night.

I would like the additional information about location of services, and what is available. I wonder if I had checked in at the Beach Club "main" check in, would I have had the "newspaper."

Art looked well, and was so cheery, and thankful for all of the prayers that were offered for his recovery.

saweet! you saw Arlo Guthrie... I would have loved to have seen him and his family... and thanks for the review .. your trip sounds extremely relaxing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter