• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV reassure me

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Looking at renting BCV through Disney Vacation Rentals and I'm reading scathing reviews on Tripadvisor of the dated rooms, so not sure how much better it is over moderate all things considered. I love the pool and location, but don't want to return to a old dirty room. Thanks for any experience/feedback.

I thought Disney postponed the BCV update with no other start time or finish.
Read same thing on a few posts..On one thread someone posted a response from DVC on room update saying there is no definite start date and that the renovation has been delayed?:confused3:confused3

I guess I was behind the current info. I thought the renovation was underway.

I've got two trips planned, staying at BCV, one in October, and one in January. I guess I've been pretty fortunate. Generally my rooms have been clean and all in working order. I remember one time, several years ago, my room was really sad, however, with dings in the furniture, stains, etc. Well, I ran into the head of maintenance and told him "If that furniture was for sale on Ebay, I'd return it it's so battered!" A couple years later, I happened to get the same room and this time it was sparkling clean-new furniture, no stains. Yes, BCV could use a rehab, but in my experiences, it hasn't been too bad or I wouldn't be staying there so much!

Staying there in 3 weeks and hoping for best but so disappointed in delay. We have always been pretty fortunate though, and have never gotten a room that was in bad shape and I'm pretty particular about room condition.

We have stayed there three times and love it. Actually looking to book it at 7 mos out for next trip. We last 2 trips we did BWV and AKV split stays and really missed BCV.

Just returned last week from an 8 day stay in a 1 bedroom at BCV. I'm happy to report that our room, 303, was in great condition. Everything that should have been there was there and it was clean and in very good shape. The refurb has been postponed until the BC and the YC are done. The info that I got from a few different CM's was that they expect the work to start in January of '16. I would absolutely recommend the BC to anyone even though the refurb hasn't started.

If you are looking for a hotel room that is updated aesthetically past the early 1990's I would choose a different resort. The rooms ARE terribly dated in terms of their decor. However; I have never once stayed in a room there that I felt was in disrepair. It has always looked and felt clean, and we choose to stay there every trip that we can get in at 7 months. They are comfortable, and even somewhat charming, rooms, but they do not look like they came straight out of the Houzz App.

You'll have to decide if that is a priority for you. The location can't be beat if you enjoy frequent trips to Epcot.

the rooms are definitely dated but they are clean-no complaints there. my only complaint is the beds (imo) are very uncomfortable-every time we stayed! But, you cant beat the location and the pool. its our home resort, and its always our first choice of resorts. i think once they completed the refurbs, they will be phenomenal. also, we were there in june and they were finishing up the lobby. did they just stop there and decide to postpone the refurb??

Rumor is they stopped it because they are moving people from VWL due to the construction there.

Yes also heard the bcv refurb was delayed so that they could start major construction at wlv in October.

We booked the room. We love the proximity to boardwalk and the pool and all the dining! Now we are traveling last week of Feb 2016. What if construction is going on?

Not sure if I buy the reason for delay as being because of VWL. That's scheduled to be ongoing till 2017. Can't imagine it would be pushed off that far into future. Many of us BCV owners have and will complain if that's the case.

We booked the room. We love the proximity to boardwalk and the pool and all the dining! Now we are traveling last week of Feb 2016. What if construction is going on?

Most likely, you stay in a resort with construction going on and no compensation. That is most often how DVC works. It is usually not possible to switch resorts by the time you know it will affect you - DVC books full and there usually isn't anywhere to move.

Not sure if I buy the reason for delay as being because of VWL. That's scheduled to be ongoing till 2017. Can't imagine it would be pushed off that far into future. Many of us BCV owners have and will complain if that's the case.

I agree. Even if the same construction company is doing both projects, Disney/DVC usually contracts with large companies that can handle multiple jobs at a time. There has been comments that a lot of BCV rooms came on the reservation system suddenly in June and it is just possible that someone erroneously released those rooms as they were being held for remodel. And DVC didn't notice in time before the majority of the villas were booked. Since you cannot remodel rooms that are booked, they might have pushed it back until a later time when they can once again hold reservations before they are booked. Since DVC knew there was no way to shift both the VWL reservations plus BCV reservation to other resorts they are delaying the BCV remodel. Besides, BC still is not complete and BCV's remodel was never scheduled to begin until after the BC remodel.

I don't have any feedback, but I'm in the same situation. I thought I was being awesome by booking at BCV for my mid Dec trip. I thought I'd most likely get a recently renovated room (I'm not a fan of outdated rooms). Now there's nothing available for my week, so it looks like we'll be at BCV. But at least we'll be at WDW near Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter