BCV price increase 12/01

kem330

<font color=red>Thinks the TF is an Illinois thing
Just got a call from my guide, BCV price goes up to $84/point Dec 1. BCV is about 50% sold out at this time. She anticipated a presell on SS resort sometime next year .

Thank you so much! This is valuable info. since we want to add on to our BCV points and my DH was sort of dragging his feet.

Jemima

Oh dear! I guess that gives me until then to make a final decision on an additonal addon.

Oh No! Last time they announced a price increase, I wanted to make sure to buy before the increase, do I need more points????

Originally posted by Terry S
Oh No! Last time they announced a price increase, I wanted to make sure to buy before the increase, do I need more points????

Holy Cow Ma'am, grab hold of yourself, you can never get enough points, even if you do have 870!!!

We'll always own 300, I'm not paying any more $$ per point!!

Wow, How high can the price go with the diminishing years of use? And when do they start extending the lease of the new resorts past the promised end of the current resorts? Also when will DVC address these and other issues.

Stay Tuned.

Since I don't have any immediate heirs I'm not worried...I plan to let it lapse. If some niece or nephew you says they want it they can have it.

As long as I get my money's worth in the next 10 years any time after that is just gravy. Although the way the price is going up I may be induced to sell before I make 10 years.

It wouldn't surprise me if Eagle Pines becomes DVC II. It's a sensible starting point...a huge resort like OKW that will take a while to sell out. If they build any more hotel attached resorts they could keep them in DVC I just because they would probably sell despite the shorter time horizon...for the next 10 years anyway...30 years is a long time. When the 30 years are up they will have a relatively recent structure they can sell all over again.

There's actually no need for a DVC II. They can add other resorts of differeing expirations to the one we have now and just let the other resorts drop out of the program when the time comes.

Since I'll be 80 when the expire and I don't worry about leaving money to anyone (I am working on a plan to die the day the cash runs out LOL!) the reamining term is good.

Originally posted by chris1gill
Holy Cow Ma'am, grab hold of yourself, you can never get enough points, even if you do have 870!!!

Chris, I am in tears laughing. We are in the process of selling some of our DVC for this exact reason. But when I saw this post instant panic set in and all I thought about was buying more.......hello, am I stupid or what? I'm selling because I have no self control. Your comment definately puts it into perspective.

Wow, I'm glad we bought last week! I just did the numbers and with the new cost in Dec. we would have paid an additional 1,724.00!! Thanks for that news.

chris1gill.... Okay, I was only half joking, but you really gave me a good laugh! ! It is really an addiction that is hard to stop and I have all of my points usage for the next 3 years figured out and am using all of my points and then some, so its really not that far off base. The big problem is if I ask my husband he just says "what every you want dear". I sometimes wish he would say no. At least you guys bring me back down to earth.

The big problem is if I ask my husband he just says "what every you want dear".

LOL! This is a problem? :crazy: Heck, does he have a brother? :smooth: :smooth:

msdis & Terry,

I'm glad I could provide some perspective to the discussion :teeth: But I only did it so I could keep the points for myself, They're all mine, MINE I say!!! :crazy:

Terry,
Want to trade husbands??;)
Mine would kill me if I added any more points!!

OOH, what a great idea....plan out the trips we'd like to take in the next several years and see how many points we'd need. Probably a no brainer....but then again my brain's been fairly absent for a while now.

When we joined we just got as many points as we could afford and have just planned around what we have...not what we want. If I would realistically think about what I really want it would probably be two weeks a year...one in a 1br, one in a 2br so we could invite others or accomodate our kids as they get older. And I'd probably base it on one of the middle "seasons'......in a BW preferred view (or VWL/BCV)

Our original purchase was exactly enough for a standard 1br for a week in adventure season, and we figured if we wanted more time we would stay in a studio...now we're spoiled and would like more points! We've done one small add on so far.

Off to open that vacation planner program and see how many more we really need! LOL (I'm guessing a 150 pt resale at VWL would do nicely....)

Sorry, sort of ot....(but I told you...the brain is adrift....)

Ah, and as it turns out my plan would require us to add 300 points....well, maybe someday......

Do you think Vero will be sold out by then, or will there be a $20.00+ Magical Beginnings ???

VB will not be sold out, there will be $20+ MB and more DVC sales staff lies. They will continue to tell people that home resort doesn't matter. They will continue their sordid sales presentations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter