• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV or BWV 2br at 7 months...summer?

Sparrow624

"I wash my hands of this weirdness"
How hard is it to secure a 2br at BCV at the 7 month mark for either June or July for 5-7 consecutive nights? Same question for BWV both Boardwalk and pool/garden view. I know standard is not an option. Thanks.

Subject to to three caveats, you should be able to get 2BRs at both BCV and BWV at 7 months out for that time. The caveats: (a) the dedicated 2BRs with two queens at BCV and boardwalk and standard view 2BRs at BWV are often gone at 7 months out much of the year and thus you should not have high expectations to get one of those; (b) particularly for BCV, you might have an issue for Star Wars weekend times (during first half of June) and time around July 4, particularly if arrival date is July 3 or after (those booking 7 months out for start dates shortly before yours can fill BCV for the July 3 to 5 dates before you book); and (c) the BCV renovation that was supposed to take place this year has been delayed and if renovation is going on next June or July the ability to get rooms at 7 months out may be a little more difficult at times because of rooms being out service weekly. Be aware that if your desired time is in July after about July 10, your chances of getting a 2BR are extremely high as that is one of the lowest DVC demand times of the year at WDW.

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed post! We are considering buying SSR points for the purpose of staying at BCV or BWV during the summer months and are trying to figure out if it is possible.

Thank you for the detailed post! We are considering buying SSR points for the purpose of staying at BCV or BWV during the summer months and are trying to figure out if it is possible.

You may want to reconsider this. Do your research now so you won't be disappointed later with your expensive purchase. It is strongly advised by many other DVC owners that you buy where you really want to stay. If you want BCV or BWV then buy there. That will allow you to secure your reservation at 11 months. One of the biggest complaints I see from DVCers is that they can't get the reservation at the resort they really want at the 7 month mark. So, if you will not be happy staying at Saratoga Springs if the other reservations are unavailable, don't buy there. Buy where you really wants to stay. it is getting more and more difficult to get certain resorts at the 7 month mark. Especially popular resorts like BCV which is small.

You may want to reconsider this. Do your research now so you won't be disappointed later with your expensive purchase. It is strongly advised by many other DVC owners that you buy where you really want to stay. If you want BCV or BWV then buy there. That will allow you to secure your reservation at 11 months. One of the biggest complaints I see from DVCers is that they can't get the reservation at the resort they really want at the 7 month mark. So, if you will not be happy staying at Saratoga Springs if the other reservations are unavailable, don't buy there. Buy where you really wants to stay. it is getting more and more difficult to get certain resorts at the 7 month mark. Especially popular resorts like BCV which is small.

In the vast majority of cases I agree with you on this. This is why we bought VGF. That being said, we like to stay at BCV, BWV, VWL, AKV, and POLY every other year for a week in either a 1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom (or studio in the POLY case). We like to rotate each of those as we like each resort, but VGF if our main love. We are relatively young by some standards (35) and have young children (3 1/2 and 2), hence the reason we are looking into buying SSR for the end date. We can only travel in March, June, July, and August for the next 20 years as we are bound by our teaching schedules at work...so we won't compete for the late Sept-Jan periods until we are retired (and at that point we will use our VGF home points in the fall and other points for family summer trips).

AKV and VWL are relatively easy to get a 1 or 2 bedroom during our travel periods, that is why I was curious about BCV and BWV. We love BCV, but don't love the end date or the cost per point resale. We may purchase AKV for the end date and the knowledge that if we can't trade to (in order) BCV, BWV, or VWL, then we can always stay at AKV. We are not big SSR fans and would not be happy to be "trapped" there (no offense), but I have a friend who has owned SSR for 8 years and has yet to stay there (his family has gotten 2 bedrooms at AKV, BCV, BWV, VWL, and BLT every time). Just not sure what to do yet.

In the vast majority of cases I agree with you on this. This is why we bought VGF. That being said, we like to stay at BCV, BWV, VWL, AKV, and POLY every other year for a week in either a 1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom (or studio in the POLY case). We like to rotate each of those as we like each resort, but VGF if our main love. We are relatively young by some standards (35) and have young children (3 1/2 and 2), hence the reason we are looking into buying SSR for the end date. We can only travel in March, June, July, and August for the next 20 years as we are bound by our teaching schedules at work...so we won't compete for the late Sept-Jan periods until we are retired (and at that point we will use our VGF home points in the fall and other points for family summer trips).

AKV and VWL are relatively easy to get a 1 or 2 bedroom during our travel periods, that is why I was curious about BCV and BWV. We love BCV, but don't love the end date or the cost per point resale. We may purchase AKV for the end date and the knowledge that if we can't trade to (in order) BCV, BWV, or VWL, then we can always stay at AKV. We are not big SSR fans and would not be happy to be "trapped" there (no offense), but I have a friend who has owned SSR for 8 years and has yet to stay there (his family has gotten 2 bedrooms at AKV, BCV, BWV, VWL, and BLT every time). Just not sure what to do yet.

I agree about the cost of BCV points and the end date. I'm glad I bought when I did. I can't believe what they are selling for now. I am not a big SSR fan either. I think it's nice but not where I want to be. We have stayed twice at AK Jambo, just a few nights at the beginning of our most recent trips. We loved it. In fact, we are considering adding another resale contract and AKV is most likely where it will be for the end date and we are happy staying there. I think we prefer DVC resorts that are part of a deluxe resort. SSR and OKW are not appealing to me. I know many people love them but to me they feel like a large condominium complex. Good luck with whatever you choose to do and I hope it all works out for you.

WE will most likely be releasing one two bedroom you might grab at BCV at our 7 month mark (vacation in july)lol! DIL wants to go to AKLV so booked my home resort but hope to change when my time to adjust comes... maybe you can get mine!

We go in August and the last 2 trips we couldnt get a 2 BR at BCV but BWV seems to be no problem... we book 7 months on the mark.. the minute we can too. Both resorts are great.. YOu can't beat the location which is why we always go back.. lol

One thing to talk to your friends about is how they pick their resort to stay somewhere else every time. There are two approaches, one is likely to have you satisfied with your Summer travel options, the other is likely to lead to disappointment.

The first is to say "we are going to Disney next June" sometime a year to eight months out. Talk about the list of resorts that you'd like to stay in and prioritize them with "if BLT isn't available, we could try BW - if that doesn't work, I'd like to try VAKL." In your conversations with everyone going, make sure they understand that you might not get your first choice (with little kids this means not really involving them until you make the reservation - but pretty quickly - and usually around the time they can think that long term anyway, they get that something might not be left and they'll need a second choice. Travelling with your mother in law availability might be more difficult to explain :)) Reserve right at seven months. Something will be available, it might not always be your first choice, or your second - but over Summer chances are good for your first or second right at seven months.

The second is to say "we are going to Disney next June and this year we are going to stay at BCV." Talk for months about how great BCV is going to be. Make sure to promise to everyone that this is where you will go. Get your kids hyped up with plenty of YouTube videos of the pool. When the seven month window comes along, have one of those weeks where making reservations slips your mind so you are making your reservation six and a half months out or less.

In the end, your level of satisfaction will depend a lot on your attitude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter