• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV Movies and Campfire

DJmommy

DIS Veteran
Just wondering whether the BCV / Yacht Club movie / campfire was open only to guests staying in those resorts? We will be staying at BWV in August and would love to attend since we were planning on making the trek over to FW for theirs. This would be much more convenient, if anyone has any info about it.

Where would the schedule be posted? I just read something about it on MousePlanet and thought I would try to find out more.

TIA
Jacqueline

I dont beileve there is a campfire at BCV. There is at the campground, and there are movies at SSR. But I am almost certain they are not available at BCV....

someone please correct me if I am wrong

I dont beileve there is a campfire at BCV. There is at the campground, and there are movies at SSR. But I am almost certain they are not available at BCV....

someone please correct me if I am wrong

It's fairly new. I read about it this morning on Mouseplanet's weekly update. I guess they're showing movies on the beach on an inflatable screen. I haven't heard anything about schedules or who can go, etc. Sorry I can't help more.

I just returned from BWV and there was indeed a campfire on the beach at YC/BC and then a movie (Cars) followed. The screen was really big. I assumed it was some sort of private function. It looked fun.

I stayed at the BCV about 2 weeks ago. The movie on the beach was showing on Sunday nights when I was there. I was there for 10 days. It was not a private function...anybody who wanted to watch just came over and sat on the chairs provided. Nobody asked for any id's. Pirates was showing one Sunday night and Cars on the Sunday other. Don't know if movies showed any other nights, since we came back from the parks, quite late.

We rented a surry bike on Sat night and when we rode past the movie they were playing Lilo and Stitch. There was noone there watching it. It looked pretty cool to me and the family. We talked about doing that one night when we stay there on our next trip.

Hey thanks you guys. For those who have visited in the last few weeks, do you remember what time the movie campfire thing was going on? I know my kids would love it, so hopefully it will be open to other resort guests too.

When we checked into BCV the CM pointed out the schedule of activities that was included in the packet. The movies began at 9 the week that we were there, June 10th, and the Campfire was from 8-9PM.

Bobbi:goodvibes

THANK YOU! When we were at BWV we saw this going on and could not tell what it was. I asked the hair-wrapping girl and she said she did not know, but it was most likely a wedding - which was my first thought, but then I was curious about who gets married with a giant movie screen behind them on a beach? Good to know what it was after all.

That sounds really cool! We get there next Sunday, and it sounds like something nice to do on our first night there.

I'll be at BWV later in the summer. Please report back on the campfire & movie situation. Solely for convenience, I also would rather take the kiddos over to the BC/YC, rather than having to get them all back from FW late in the evening.

I can tell you that we were there June 8-11 and the activities guide had a movie playing every night at 9pm. We never went down because we were bushed each night, but they had Pirates, Cars, Lilo and Stitch, and some others. It was a different movie each night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter