• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV front desk Disaster

I have used online check-in twice and had no problems either time. I will keep my fingers crossed that our check-in at BCV in April is relatively problem-free since we are arriving in the evening.

I believe that overall, members have a great experience checking in and we rarely hear about those. We probably hear more often about a problem, rather than a check-in that goes as expected. There's nothing wrong with that. DISers share their unfortunate experiences as a warning and learning experience for the rest of us and I am grateful. IMO, the difficult check-ins are far outweighed by the check-ins that go well.

We have used online check in since its conception and have had no issues. But we did have card issues once several years ago. Can't remember all the details, but we had trouble with some cards and not others, we would get it fixed and a new problem would come up. his went on for several days and lots of embassassment with card being denied. In the end, I asked for a manager at OKW. Somehow how he got it all fixed, gave us passes into the parks for one more day (our 7 day passes were all used) and we had VIP seating to Illuminations.

We also had the late night arrival at BCV delay because I had done online check-in and the CM at the desk searched in vain for what must have been 10 minutes for our paperwork, only to then have to go through the normal routine. We then got to our room where someone had used the shower and bedroom after it had been cleaned by Mousekeeping (maybe with our pre-printed KTTW card??). Needless to say that then delayed us getting to bed until after 1am...with 2 toddlers too. I don't expect 4 or 5 star accommodations, but I do expect the system that they created to be efficient, and when things don't work out right, for the CM's to be competent and friendly.

These stories about things like this happening more frequently make me very glad I don't bother with leaving a credit card on file at Disney. Things always go smoothly when I just use my own credit card or get cash from an ATM instead of trying to charge to the room. It also makes check out a breeze. Oh, and I did do Online check in this time. I probably wont do that again though. I saw no real benefit to it.

My wife and I checked into BCV for four days before the Inaugural cruise on the Dream. Then the fun began.

..........I checked with the front desk and when the night manager checked us out and back in again she extended our stay by one night and took 15 points from my account.

After I checked my account on-line, I had 45 holding points that I did not have before. The manager canceled my reservation and put the points into holding and drew another 60 points to pay for the re-booked reservations.

It took two hours with MS to get things straighten-out.

Whitney at MS was a lifesaver!

I suggest you monitor your points very carefully!

similar situation happened to us year ago last Oct. Night before checking in AKV I received a call on my cell phone from MS/Front desk letting us know that they could not honor my mothers request for a room close to lobby on a Standard View 2BR, but they could upgrade us to a Savannah View. I was all for that, being that it was DD's 5 b-day trip. It wasn't till months later my mother mentions that they upgraded us, and took the appropriate number of points to match that "upgrade" for Savannah View. WATCH your account is certainly very important advice to everyone.

It wasn't till months later my mother mentions that they upgraded us, and took the appropriate number of points to match that "upgrade" for Savannah View. WATCH your account is certainly very important advice to everyone.

I have never heard of a "free" upgrade at any DVC resort, unless they are trying to compensate for a problem. Not being able to accomodate your request (as they are not guaranteed), does not constitute a problem, which is why you were charged the extra points. On our December trip, we had a split stay scheduled for BLT and AKV. When we got to BLT, I asked if we could extend our stay there and was lucky enough that we had our entire stay at BLT. Of course, they took the extra points out of my account.

We had an issue at SSR where a staff member could not link our DVC membership to our room key (so we could get DVC discounts when we charged to room) This was because we had booked a cash reservation and not booked on points. This wasn't a big deal, it just meant that we had to show our DVC membership card each time we charged if we wanted discount, but I was surprised a relatively simple request in a DVC resort was not possible.

similar situation happened to us year ago last Oct. Night before checking in AKV I received a call on my cell phone from MS/Front desk letting us know that they could not honor my mothers request for a room close to lobby on a Standard View 2BR, but they could upgrade us to a Savannah View. I was all for that, being that it was DD's 5 b-day trip. It wasn't till months later my mother mentions that they upgraded us, and took the appropriate number of points to match that "upgrade" for Savannah View. WATCH your account is certainly very important advice to everyone.
If they called and asked if it was OK to upgrade you to the other room type, charging the points was appropriate as it sounds like they were giving you a choice. Were they going to give you a free upgrade, there would have been no reason to call you.

My understanding is that anytime a resort cancels and then books, they don't have the option of using the holding account points so this would have been an expected problem. CM at the resorts are not going to understand the intricacies of the points system including holding accounts, etc. nor should they be expected to.

We had an issue at SSR where a staff member could not link our DVC membership to our room key (so we could get DVC discounts when we charged to room) This was because we had booked a cash reservation and not booked on points. This wasn't a big deal, it just meant that we had to show our DVC membership card each time we charged if we wanted discount, but I was surprised a relatively simple request in a DVC resort was not possible.
Technically I don't think they can ever truly link cash and points reservations. You'd need your blue member card in that situation.

I have never heard of a "free" upgrade at any DVC resort, unless they are trying to compensate for a problem. Not being able to accomodate your request (as they are not guaranteed), does not constitute a problem, which is why you were charged the extra points. On our December trip, we had a split stay scheduled for BLT and AKV. When we got to BLT, I asked if we could extend our stay there and was lucky enough that we had our entire stay at BLT. Of course, they took the extra points out of my account.

It has been several years ago, I went to check-in at Vero Beach at 4 pm and I was told there was an extensive maintenance problem with our reserved two bedroom. The front desk offered to upgrade me up to a 3 bedroom, no mention of additional points. As the check-in proceeded I asked about additional points and I was told I would have to pay the extra. Then I said I would stay in the 2 bedroom, they replied that it would not be ready until the morning. I advised them that they would have to find me accommodations for the night at their expense. They offered the 3 bedroom for free for one night. It ended up taking two. I paid nothing for the first night and the two bedroom rate for the next 6

It has been several years ago, I went to check-in at Vero Beach at 4 pm and I was told there was an extensive maintenance problem with our reserved two bedroom. The front desk offered to upgrade me up to a 3 bedroom, no mention of additional points. As the check-in proceeded I asked about additional points and I was told I would have to pay the extra. Then I said I would stay in the 2 bedroom, they replied that it would not be ready until the morning. I advised them that they would have to find me accommodations for the night at their expense. They offered the 3 bedroom for free for one night. It ended up taking two. I paid nothing for the first night and the two bedroom rate for the next 6
They should have volunteered that option up front. You should not have had to suggest they find you accommodations. However, they can't pull a unit out of thin air, in that situation you could have ended up with the replacement unit being at WDW or in multiple smaller units.

These stories about things like this happening more frequently make me very glad I don't bother with leaving a credit card on file at Disney. Things always go smoothly when I just use my own credit card or get cash from an ATM instead of trying to charge to the room. It also makes check out a breeze. Oh, and I did do Online check in this time. I probably wont do that again though. I saw no real benefit to it.

I also never try to charge to my room at WDW-either use cash or charge directly to my credit card. However, I am interested in how check-out works if you don't leave a credit card on file at the front desk. I always thought that if I didn't, I wouldn't get express check-out. So I leave a credit card on file, just never charge to my room, so on check out day, there's no hang tag and I just leave. Is it not necessary to leave a credit card on file to do that?

Technically I don't think they can ever truly link cash and points reservations. You'd need your blue member card in that situation.

If you book your cash room through Member Services, then yes they can link to a points reservation. If you book it through CRO then the answer is no they cannot link them. Though some have reported otherwise..... :)

If you book your cash room through Member Services, then yes they can link to a points reservation. If you book it through CRO then the answer is no they cannot link them. Though some have reported otherwise..... :)
Those through MS are actually points reservations. I read this as a CRO cash reservation and that was the orientation for my answer. All options through MS can be linked assuming they are the same EXACT room type including lockoff, non lockoff and booking category.

My wife and I checked into BCV for four days before the Inaugural cruise on the Dream. Then the fun began.

First off I never use my charge card around WDW, I always charge everything to the room.

checked-in ok, room card #1. I checked-in on-line

1) Tried to charge a the store at BCV, no charging allowed

Got room card #2 - My wife could charge on her room card

2) Tried to charge at Cape May Buffet, no charging allowed

Got room card #3

3) Tried to charge at store again, denied.

Got room card #4

4) Tried to charge at candy store on boardwalk, denied.

Got room card #5

5) Card would not open door to room

Got room card #6

6) Tried to charge at Beaches and Cream, turned down

Night front desk manager checked us out and then back in again, I waited 60 minutes and then headed up to the room 11:30 pm. New cards were slipped under the door, no charging allowed.

Went to leave on the last day and maid came to the door for trash and tidy. I explained that we were checking out and she stated that she had us down for one more day.

I checked with the front desk and when the night manager checked us out and back in again she extended our stay by one night and took 15 points from my account.

After I checked my account on-line, I had 45 holding points that I did not have before. The manager canceled my reservation and put the points into holding and drew another 60 points to pay for the re-booked reservations.

It took two hours with MS to get things straighten-out.

Whitney at MS was a lifesaver!

I suggest you monitor your points very carefully!
:scared1: :eek: :scared1::eek:

I hope they compensated your with something for THAT MESS. WOW

:thumbsup2

I have stayed at BWV many times and have never had a problem checking in or using room charging. We will be staying at AKV and BCV for our upcoming trip in a few months. We'll keep our fingers crossed:smickey:

I also never try to charge to my room at WDW-either use cash or charge directly to my credit card. However, I am interested in how check-out works if you don't leave a credit card on file at the front desk. I always thought that if I didn't, I wouldn't get express check-out. So I leave a credit card on file, just never charge to my room, so on check out day, there's no hang tag and I just leave. Is it not necessary to leave a credit card on file to do that?

Why would you have any charges if you don't leave a credit card? There is nothing to charge to the room that way, so no charges to deal with, and we always do express check out. If they make a mistake and charge you for internet, there will be an envelope on your door in the morning, and then you will have to go down and prove your membership, but we've never had an issue needing to check out when we don't leave a credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter