BCV Dining Room

CVW

DIS Veteran
We're making our first trip to BCV at the end of September with my brother and his family. (Eight of us. Four adults, four kids, 14, 10, 8, and 5.)

It's my understanding from the photos I've seen that there really isn't much of a dining area. Yet one experienced DVC'er mentioned that the larger dining area was one of the advantages of BCV. Is it possible for all eight of us to have a meal together?

how about 3 or 4 at the table and 2 or 3 at the counter - and the rest using the livingroom?

This is a challenge......

OK, there is a bench at the dining table, 2 chairs at the kitchen bar, I think 1 chair at the dining table and then the Living area couch - that would make room for 4 at table, 2 at counter and 2 at couch

I think the person may have compared to Boardwalk Villas table where there are chairs and no bench....?

thanks
jaysue

Don't forget about the table and two chairs in the studio part of the room. If you want, you can wiggle some of the furniture around and put the table and two chairs in the main living room during your stay. That way everyone is eating in the same room. If you put them in front of the balcony it's actually a pleasant place to sit and eat.

That puts:
3 at counter
3 at table/bench
2 at studio table/chairs

Jenny

To me that is the major down fall of these unit designs; no real dining area. It is really in the traffic path to the living room area. I would prefer a smaller master bed/bath room for a larger table area. I would even choose that over the big tub!! LOL!!

As far as eating at the table.... I felt that 3 could sit on the bench side of the table if they were not all adults. We brought over the 2 chairs from the bar (the bar seemed rather shallow for eating). So that would seat 5. The table isn't very wide so having a big dinner with serving dishes wouldn't work. There is a desk chair in the master bedroom. It might be an option but I'm not sure if you really have space at the table??? Perhaps someone else has some experience with larger numbers of diners!!

This was one of my major complaints with our home BCV after our first trip in March. We are a family of 6 and just ate all over the place (couch, etc.) My oldest DD13 said "Disney doesn't want you eating in the room, they want you spending $$$ ate their restaurants!" How true!!! We may try OKW next trip, and this is one of the reasons, but you can't beat the location at BCV or SAB....Lacee

Try the restaurants at WDW they will set a table for 8. OKW has more room, the table at the grand-villas is large enough for 8, or the table at 2 bedroom at OKW plus the table on the porch would fit your needs. The capacity of these places is one thing, what they are designed for is another.

Isn't the cook and asst cook suppose to eat while.......cooking?:jester:

We had no problem sitting 8 people at our BCV table last trip. Three people sat on each side of the table and two people sat at the ends of the oval table. We used the available chairs from the desks and second bedroom with no problem. It was not overly spacious, but it worked fine for many meals.

The table design is an improvement from the BWV and WLV (?)designs using the bench and new table shape.

Was it just us, or were we the only ones that "clunked" our heads a few times on the low-hanging light above the table. They could certainly raise it a few inches!

Thankfully at SSR that lamp over the table is MUCH higher than at the BCVs!!!

pinnie

BCV and SSR are a little better as described above but they are still very tight. OKW is the only WDW non GV that has a real dining table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter