• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV condition?

alcie27

Mouseketeer
We're booked at the BCV in Dec but I've read a lot of negative reviews about the villas lately. A lot of what I've been reading are comments about things being broken, stained carpet and furniture, and just the general run down state of the hotel. Is this really true? I can't imagine Disney would let something get as run down as it sounds but the reviews are making it sound like it's in desperate need of a refurbishment. :confused3

We've stayed at BCV four times in the last year. Twice in studios and twice in two bedroom. We were pleasantly surprised because we too had heard the disrepair stories. Not perfect but still nice. Scratches and dents (normal wear and tear). But upholstery and carpet were great. Hope this helps.

Concerned too with reviews. BWV had good reviews. Booked for Sept. 2 bedroom. Could have switched to BWV a couple of weeks ago but now says it is not available. Hope all is well there. I don't want to be dissappointed.

I have not stayed very recently but my family stayed at bcv in a studio room Nov 2010. We did not notice anything broken or stained. You could just tell things weren't new - Like maybe the vent covers could be replaced or maybe the tile in the bathroom wasnt very attractive. We rented points from a DVC owner and only paid 10 dollars a point, so considering how little we paid to stay in WDW for a week in the Epcot resort area (holy smokes):cool1: i was happy with our room. And, if i needed space for more than 4 people i would have been happy to stay in the one or two bedooms villas as i was able to see what they looked like while i was there.However, if i was paying cash price for 4 people or less to stay in a room, then I would choose to stay at the BC Resort in a room because the rooms have two queen beds(versus a sleeper sofa), have been more recently renovated, and are closer to the front desk, restaurants, pool, boardwalk, epcot, etc.

But i cant say enough about how this resort as a whole blew me away. I dont know if it is because i grew up taking family vacations at the beach but i fell in love with the atmosphere of this resort and the epcot area as a whole. Being able to walk to epcot, take a fairy to the boardwalk or HS, and just relaxing by pool at night was so wonderful. When we arrived, CMs were standing outside the front door and said Welcome Home and we were checked in and in our room luggage in tow within 10 minutes(I had done Online check in earlier in the week). Also we purchased tickets at the concierge desk and it only took a few minutes and they were put on our room key.

I also stayed at AKV in 2009 and i love this resort too. The rooms at the time were new, the atmosphere is one of a kind, and the bus service was good.

Last month I stayed at both BCV (studio) and at BC. The decor is totally opposite, even though they are at the same resort. I too, had read that BCV were becoming run down & was a bit concerned.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved the decor at BCV. Nothing was dirty, stained or broken, it just hasn't been renovated as recently as BC. The decor was very casual - like a beach cottage, and was very inviting. Nothing was faded or worn.

Decor at BC is very formal & pristine. Whites with blues & dark wood. But I wouldn't say that room was less dirty or less run down than BCV. Just a whole different feel.

We had always stayed at the BWVs and then last year there was no availability in Aug. so we stayed at the BCVs. We had the renovated 2 bedroom at the BW our last two stays and it was wonderful. We were a little leary of the BCVs since we had read the reviews. We too were pleasantly surprised. We didn't have one complaint about the condition of the 2 bedroom villa we had. Everything was in great working conditions and there really weren't even that many scratches and the villa was extremely clean and the housekeeping all week was great. We will be returning to the BCVs again in Aug. since the BWVs only had standard views available and we have always had a preferred view. The villa we had at the BC was great, we over looked the pool and had a dedicated 2 bedroom. We have requested the same villa this year or hopefully in the same area.

You have to understand that the villas are a DVC resort. One of the smallest and one that stays booked year round. It gets lots of wear and tear.

DVC members do not get daily housekeeping either which I think contributes to stains left for days or a week or longer.

Also Disney resorts rehabs their rooms more often than DVC because the rehabs for DVC are paid for by the members.

We stayed in a one bedroom at BCV last Dec and I was disappointed in the wear and tear, broken furniture and stains on couch and carpet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter